From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]KenBaclawski[ ]" to " Ken Baclawski ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(3 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 33: Line 33:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** MikeDean (chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (chair)  
** BartGajderowicz  
+
** [[BartGajderowicz|Bart Gajderowicz]]
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
** MichaelGruninger  
+
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]
** YavuzEren  
+
** [[YavuzEren|Yavuz Eren]]
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
Line 45: Line 45:
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** LeoObrst (conflict)  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] (conflict)  
  
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
Line 56: Line 56:
 
** and OOR activities (workshop presentation, poster presentation, luncheon, ...) in particular - ref. OOR/ISWC2009  
 
** and OOR activities (workshop presentation, poster presentation, luncheon, ...) in particular - ref. OOR/ISWC2009  
 
** Ken: "governance" (gatekeeping, provenance, ...) stood out as one item that people are interested in ... maybe that's one thing the semantic web isn't addressing properly now  
 
** Ken: "governance" (gatekeeping, provenance, ...) stood out as one item that people are interested in ... maybe that's one thing the semantic web isn't addressing properly now  
* BartGajderowicz presented the OOR initiative to the [http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Semantic-Web-Meetup-Group/calendar/11706873/ Toronto SemWeb Meetup]  
+
* [[BartGajderowicz|Bart Gajderowicz]] presented the OOR initiative to the [http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Semantic-Web-Meetup-Group/calendar/11706873/ Toronto SemWeb Meetup]  
 
* OOR-SOCoP collaboration, and a report on MikeDean's presentation at the SOCoP workshop on 2009.11.12  
 
* OOR-SOCoP collaboration, and a report on MikeDean's presentation at the SOCoP workshop on 2009.11.12  
 
* OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
 
* OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
* Discussion on the role OOR can play in OntologySummit2010  
+
* Discussion on the role OOR can play in [[OntologySummit2010|Ontology Summit 2010]]
 
* progress review on planned OOR-related events  
 
* progress review on planned OOR-related events  
 
* reports on member activities that are OOR-related  
 
* reports on member activities that are OOR-related  
Line 69: Line 69:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
Line 101: Line 101:
 
*** and OOR activities (workshop presentation, poster presentation, luncheon, ...) in particular - ref. [[OOR/ISWC2009]]  
 
*** and OOR activities (workshop presentation, poster presentation, luncheon, ...) in particular - ref. [[OOR/ISWC2009]]  
 
** OOR-SOCoP collaboration, and a report on MikeDean's presentation at the SOCoP workshop on 2009.11.12 - [[SOCoP/Workshop_2009_11_12]]  
 
** OOR-SOCoP collaboration, and a report on MikeDean's presentation at the SOCoP workshop on 2009.11.12 - [[SOCoP/Workshop_2009_11_12]]  
** on 2009.11.10, BartGajderowicz presented the OOR initiative to the [http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Semantic-Web-Meetup-Group/calendar/11706873/ Toronto Semantic Web Meetup]  
+
** on 2009.11.10, [[BartGajderowicz|Bart Gajderowicz]] presented the OOR initiative to the [http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Semantic-Web-Meetup-Group/calendar/11706873/ Toronto Semantic Web Meetup]  
*** MichaelGruninger was there too!  
+
*** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] was there too!  
** Discussion on the role OOR can play in OntologySummit2010  
+
** Discussion on the role OOR can play in [[OntologySummit2010|Ontology Summit 2010]]
  
 
* progress review on planned OOR-related events  
 
* progress review on planned OOR-related events  
Line 113: Line 113:
 
* new page added: [[OpenOntologyRepository_Development]]  
 
* new page added: [[OpenOntologyRepository_Development]]  
 
** Ken will help initialize ... soliciting all other work group who are doing OOR-related development to register their work on that page too  
 
** Ken will help initialize ... soliciting all other work group who are doing OOR-related development to register their work on that page too  
** we need more presence from the BioPortal team at our OOR meetings so that we can co-evolve the software (rather than learning about the outcome when BioPortal releases)  
+
** we need more presence from the [[BioPortal]] team at our OOR meetings so that we can co-evolve the software (rather than learning about the outcome when [[BioPortal]] releases)  
  
 
* OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
 
* OOR-sandbox installation progress review  
** Ken / Peter: we should be close to rolling out <oor-01f> with the latest BioPortal (v2.2.x) code  
+
** Ken / Peter: we should be close to rolling out <oor-01f> with the latest [[BioPortal]] (v2.2.x) code  
 
** down the line, we need to put someone onto making OOR "easy to install"  
 
** down the line, we need to put someone onto making OOR "easy to install"  
 
** Bart might want to make an install some time in January (but would need support from his school)  
 
** Bart might want to make an install some time in January (but would need support from his school)  
Line 136: Line 136:
 
* Funding and proposals  
 
* Funding and proposals  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] and MikeDean.  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] and MikeDean.  
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with MarkMusen
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with Mark Musen
** CarlosRueda has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
+
** [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]] has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
  
 
* '''Short term activity and action plans'''  
 
* '''Short term activity and action plans'''  
Line 222: Line 222:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst &amp; FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi &amp; [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst &amp; FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson &amp; RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst &amp; FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra &amp; RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith &amp; MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &amp;  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &amp;  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer &amp; BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen[[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2008-01/ (~5 months exchanges starting from Jan-2008)  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 03:26, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-11-13     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009-11-13, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

[edit] Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D3A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

  • review and postmortem on the 2009.10.15 joint OOR-Ontolog panel session on "OOR Sandbox and OOR Requirements - Comparative Analysis" - ref. ConferenceCall_2009_10_15     (1E2)
    • good session; Ken & Yavuz described some progress at NEU since that date     (1E2A)
  • review and reports from ISWC-2009 in general     (1E3)
    • and OOR activities (workshop presentation, poster presentation, luncheon, ...) in particular - ref. OOR/ISWC2009     (1E3A)
    • Ken: "governance" (gatekeeping, provenance, ...) stood out as one item that people are interested in ... maybe that's one thing the semantic web isn't addressing properly now     (1E3B)
  • Bart Gajderowicz presented the OOR initiative to the Toronto SemWeb Meetup     (1E4)
  • OOR-SOCoP collaboration, and a report on MikeDean's presentation at the SOCoP workshop on 2009.11.12     (1E5)
  • OOR-sandbox installation progress review     (1E6)
  • Discussion on the role OOR can play in Ontology Summit 2010     (1E7)
  • progress review on planned OOR-related events     (1E8)
  • reports on member activities that are OOR-related     (1E9)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

  • (where applicable) ... welcome and intro of new member(s)     (1F7)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F8)

  • Review of our priority list:     (1F11)
    • 1. continue to push OOR development and get more contributors     (1F11A)
    • 2. set up policies and process and policies for contributing to OOR work     (1F11B)
      • build out "gatekeeping" and move from just having an OOR-sandbox to having available instances of an OOR-sandbox and an OOR-production     (1F11B1)
    • 3. systematically solicit content contributions     (1F11C)
    • 4. get the work funded     (1F11D)
    • 5. regularly review requirements and existing standards to make sure we are on track     (1F11E)
  • progress review on planned OOR-related events     (1F13)
    • note that, other than regular team meetings, we do not have any virtual OOR events on deck at this moment!     (1F13A)
  • OOR-sandbox installation progress review     (1F16)
    • Ken / Peter: we should be close to rolling out <oor-01f> with the latest BioPortal (v2.2.x) code     (1F16A)
    • down the line, we need to put someone onto making OOR "easy to install"     (1F16B)
    • Bart might want to make an install some time in January (but would need support from his school)     (1F16C)
    • Michael: we do have an immediate plan to install; will only be using the instance(s) the OOR team will stand up     (1F16D)

4. New Issues:     (1F22)

  • Peter: start thinking about driving the "content" front     (1F23)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F24)

6. Action items:     (1F25)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F26)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.11.13-10:43am PDT     (1F30)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F31)


[edit] Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)