From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]MichaelGruninger[ ]" to " Michael Grüninger ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 35: Line 35:
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** Jeff Abbott (consultant from San Diego, California)  
 
** Jeff Abbott (consultant from San Diego, California)  
** ToddSchneider  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]
** SteveRay  
+
** [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]]
** JoelBender  
+
** [[JoelBender|Joel Bender]]
 
** Yavuz Eren (Northeastern U)  
 
** Yavuz Eren (Northeastern U)  
** MikeDean (chair)  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] (chair)  
** PatHayes  
+
** [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]]
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
Line 48: Line 48:
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** BartGajderowicz  
+
** [[BartGajderowicz|Bart Gajderowicz]]
** LeoObrst  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]
  
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
 
== Agenda Ideas  ==
Line 57: Line 57:
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* MikeDean takes the chair and welcome everyone  
+
* [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]] takes the chair and welcome everyone  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
 
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
Line 74: Line 74:
 
** populate - [[OOR/ActiveMemberContribution]]  
 
** populate - [[OOR/ActiveMemberContribution]]  
  
* '''Preparing for the BioPortal and [[OOR]] comparative analysis session''' - 1-Oct-2009 --> 15-Oct-2009  
+
* '''Preparing for the [[BioPortal]] and [[OOR]] comparative analysis session''' - 1-Oct-2009 --> 15-Oct-2009  
** (2009.09.04) ToddSchneider and NCBO folks might walk us through the UML-EA diagrams of the NCBO BioPortal system 2.1d (v1016 of Jul-2009) which Todd posted on 2009.07.29 and is now available at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/oor-dev/BioPortal_ver1016_UML-EA_Model--NCBO_ToddSchneider_20090729a/BioPortal_v1016_Jul2009_HTML/  
+
** (2009.09.04) [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] and NCBO folks might walk us through the UML-EA diagrams of the NCBO [[BioPortal]] system 2.1d (v1016 of Jul-2009) which Todd posted on 2009.07.29 and is now available at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/oor-dev/BioPortal_ver1016_UML-EA_Model--NCBO_ToddSchneider_20090729a/BioPortal_v1016_Jul2009_HTML/  
*** The diagrams suggest that the design is not entirely appropriate for the goals and requirements of OOR.  This suggests that we should open a dialog with the BioPortal community concerning this.  ToddSchneider will take the lead on a session to be held tentatively on October 1. Tentative panelists may include KenBaclawski, NatashaNoy, ToddSchneider, MishaDorf.  
+
*** The diagrams suggest that the design is not entirely appropriate for the goals and requirements of OOR.  This suggests that we should open a dialog with the [[BioPortal]] community concerning this.  [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] will take the lead on a session to be held tentatively on October 1. Tentative panelists may include [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], Natasha Noy, [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], MishaDorf.  
 
*** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] asked the question: How does the notion of module and imports in Common Logic map to the architecture of BioPortal?  
 
*** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] asked the question: How does the notion of module and imports in Common Logic map to the architecture of BioPortal?  
*** We should contact ElisaKendall about these topics.  
+
*** We should contact [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] about these topics.  
 
** (2009.09.18) discussed and confirmed that the session is now rescheduled to Thu 2009.10.15 - ConferenceCall_2009_10_15  
 
** (2009.09.18) discussed and confirmed that the session is now rescheduled to Thu 2009.10.15 - ConferenceCall_2009_10_15  
 
*** Todd will send the session title and abstract to Peter shortly  
 
*** Todd will send the session title and abstract to Peter shortly  
Line 89: Line 89:
 
** (2009.09.18) Peter reported that the OOR-sandbox is down, at the moment, possibly due to an ISP glitch.  
 
** (2009.09.18) Peter reported that the OOR-sandbox is down, at the moment, possibly due to an ISP glitch.  
 
*** While working on restoring the OOR-sandbox operation, he might take the opportunity to migrate it to the colocation facility as planned previously anyway.  
 
*** While working on restoring the OOR-sandbox operation, he might take the opportunity to migrate it to the colocation facility as planned previously anyway.  
*** Misha is away, but when he returns (in about 2 weeks) efforts will be made to bring up the updated version of BioPortal (v2.1d), as well as starting to experiment on the highly scalable 'full-hardware' infrastructure (which calls for 3 virtual machines and a SAN)  
+
*** Misha is away, but when he returns (in about 2 weeks) efforts will be made to bring up the updated version of [[BioPortal]] (v2.1d), as well as starting to experiment on the highly scalable 'full-hardware' infrastructure (which calls for 3 virtual machines and a SAN)  
  
 
* Ken's classes  
 
* Ken's classes  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] classes started last Tuesday (2009.09.15). He is running a course (classes on Tuesdays) and a seminar course (Thursdays) - same students; ~40 people  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] classes started last Tuesday (2009.09.15). He is running a course (classes on Tuesdays) and a seminar course (Thursdays) - same students; ~40 people  
 
** Peter will keep Ken informed on the progress of restoring the OOR-sandbox  
 
** Peter will keep Ken informed on the progress of restoring the OOR-sandbox  
** for next Tuesday, Ken might have to use the BioPortal site for read-only access to the "OOR" functionalities  
+
** for next Tuesday, Ken might have to use the [[BioPortal]] site for read-only access to the "OOR" functionalities  
  
 
* Michael's class:  
 
* Michael's class:  
Line 101: Line 101:
  
 
* SOCoP collaboration  
 
* SOCoP collaboration  
** Led by NancyWiegand, they have submitted a grant proposal to the NSF INTEROP program, in which collaboration with OOR is among one of the key aspects  
+
** Led by [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]], they have submitted a grant proposal to the NSF INTEROP program, in which collaboration with OOR is among one of the key aspects  
 
** SOCoP is also drumming up a closer collaboration with Ontolog Forum  
 
** SOCoP is also drumming up a closer collaboration with Ontolog Forum  
 
** SOCoP will be hosting a full-day workshop at MITRE (Washington DC Area) on Monday 12-Oct-2009  
 
** SOCoP will be hosting a full-day workshop at MITRE (Washington DC Area) on Monday 12-Oct-2009  
Line 124: Line 124:
 
*** These are local meetings. [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] will be developing a slide deck. This will be posted, and others could use/modify it for their own local meetings. See: http://semweb.meetup.com/  
 
*** These are local meetings. [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] will be developing a slide deck. This will be posted, and others could use/modify it for their own local meetings. See: http://semweb.meetup.com/  
 
** OMG collaboration.  
 
** OMG collaboration.  
*** RaviSharma will be contacting CoryCasanave, ElisaKendall and EvanWallace regarding OMG related ontology repository efforts.  There could be interest in a joint OMG-OOR panel meeting in the Ontolog Forum. We need to determine what they are doing.  
+
*** [[RaviSharma|Ravi Sharma]] will be contacting [[CoryCasanave|Cory Casanave]], [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] and [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]] regarding OMG related ontology repository efforts.  There could be interest in a joint OMG-OOR panel meeting in the Ontolog Forum. We need to determine what they are doing.  
  
 
* Funding and proposals  
 
* Funding and proposals  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] and MikeDean.  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] submitted an proposal to STCI, jointly with [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] and MikeDean.  
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with MarkMusen
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] is involved in proposals that have OOR as one aspect, to the INTEROP and STCI programs with Mark Musen
** CarlosRueda has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
+
** [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]] has submitted a proposal that has OOR as a key aspect.  
  
 
* '''Short term activity and action plans'''  
 
* '''Short term activity and action plans'''  
Line 211: Line 211:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen[[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 02:25, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-09-18     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009-09-18, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

[edit] Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D2A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F7)

  • OOR-sandbox Status:     (1F12)
    • (2009.09.18) Peter reported that the OOR-sandbox is down, at the moment, possibly due to an ISP glitch.     (1F12A)
      • While working on restoring the OOR-sandbox operation, he might take the opportunity to migrate it to the colocation facility as planned previously anyway.     (1F12A1)
      • Misha is away, but when he returns (in about 2 weeks) efforts will be made to bring up the updated version of BioPortal (v2.1d), as well as starting to experiment on the highly scalable 'full-hardware' infrastructure (which calls for 3 virtual machines and a SAN)     (1F12A2)
  • Ken's classes     (1F13)
    • Ken Baclawski classes started last Tuesday (2009.09.15). He is running a course (classes on Tuesdays) and a seminar course (Thursdays) - same students; ~40 people     (1F13A)
    • Peter will keep Ken informed on the progress of restoring the OOR-sandbox     (1F13B)
    • for next Tuesday, Ken might have to use the BioPortal site for read-only access to the "OOR" functionalities     (1F13C)

4. New Issues:     (1F21)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F22)

6. Action items:     (1F23)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F24)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.09.18-10:51am PDT     (1F28)

reviewed and edited by: Ken Baclawski / 2009.09.19-12:44am EDT     (1F29)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F30)


[edit] Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)