From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]MikeDean[ ]" to " Mike Dean ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
Line 37: Line 37:
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
** DarrenOng  
+
** [[DarrenOng|Darren Ong]]
** BartGajderowicz  
+
** [[BartGajderowicz|Bart Gajderowicz]]
** RaviSharma  
+
** [[RaviSharma|Ravi Sharma]]
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
  
Line 84: Line 84:
 
* reports on member activities that are OOR-related  
 
* reports on member activities that are OOR-related  
  
* '''Overview on UML diagrams of BioPortal systems'''  
+
* '''Overview on UML diagrams of [[BioPortal]] systems'''  
 
** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture#nid1XRD  
 
** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository_Architecture#nid1XRD  
 
** Todd: UML diagrams generated by "Enterprise Architect" ... will be posting the full set ...  
 
** Todd: UML diagrams generated by "Enterprise Architect" ... will be posting the full set ...  
** Misha: the diagrams are complete; slightly difficult to read now -- some parts not 'relevant' to BioPortal could be removed to make it more readable; with the new update, a lot of changes coming in anyway as an ontology is being used  
+
** Misha: the diagrams are complete; slightly difficult to read now -- some parts not 'relevant' to [[BioPortal]] could be removed to make it more readable; with the new update, a lot of changes coming in anyway as an ontology is being used  
 
*** Misha will help provide a list of the 'relevant' subset of classes  
 
*** Misha will help provide a list of the 'relevant' subset of classes  
 
** Benjamin: MDA?  
 
** Benjamin: MDA?  
 
*** ... Todd: probably stick with UML now, and eventually move to CL?  
 
*** ... Todd: probably stick with UML now, and eventually move to CL?  
 
** Peter / Todd: will add revision level onto the diagrams in the future ... the ones from before, we'll add a date for identification purposes  
 
** Peter / Todd: will add revision level onto the diagrams in the future ... the ones from before, we'll add a date for identification purposes  
** Peter: MishaDorf suggested a full UML diagram and a highlight diagram ... guess Todd is working on them (haven't heard from him yet)  
+
** Peter: [[MishaDorf|Misha Dorf]] suggested a full UML diagram and a highlight diagram ... guess Todd is working on them (haven't heard from him yet)  
** Todd/2009.07.10 - full set of UML diagrams (on BioPortal 2.0) uploaded to the server (as of 2009.06.14)  
+
** Todd/2009.07.10 - full set of UML diagrams (on [[BioPortal]] 2.0) uploaded to the server (as of 2009.06.14)  
 
*** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/oor-dev/BioPortal_3Mar2009_UML-Model_ToddSchneider_20090614/index.html  
 
*** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/oor-dev/BioPortal_3Mar2009_UML-Model_ToddSchneider_20090614/index.html  
 
** ALL: vote of thanks to Todd  
 
** ALL: vote of thanks to Todd  
** Todd: (ref. Misha's suggestion of doinga "highlighted" version with some of the packages removed) think it is better use of time to do another set of diagrams oo the recently updated version of BioPortal (v2.1d) instead  
+
** Todd: (ref. Misha's suggestion of doinga "highlighted" version with some of the packages removed) think it is better use of time to do another set of diagrams oo the recently updated version of [[BioPortal]] (v2.1d) instead  
 
*** Peter: suggest that Todd might ping Misha via the [oor-dev] list to get his advice on when best to grab the new codes for reverse engineering  
 
*** Peter: suggest that Todd might ping Misha via the [oor-dev] list to get his advice on when best to grab the new codes for reverse engineering  
 
*** Misha already responded - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/2009-07/msg00001.html  
 
*** Misha already responded - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/2009-07/msg00001.html  
*** Todd: just downloaded the new BioPortal v2.1d released codes (1016) - will have the UML diagrams by the next call  
+
*** Todd: just downloaded the new [[BioPortal]] v2.1d released codes (1016) - will have the UML diagrams by the next call  
  
 
*   
 
*   
 
** K: we might want to do some acknowledgment on trademarks like "UML" (which is a registered trademark of OMG)  
 
** K: we might want to do some acknowledgment on trademarks like "UML" (which is a registered trademark of OMG)  
*** Peter to add line on CreditsAcknowledgement page  
+
*** Peter to add line on [[CreditsAcknowledgement|Credits Acknowledgement]] page  
 
**** done! - see:  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CreditsAcknowledgement#nid1YWO (--ppy/200907.10-11:36)  
 
**** done! - see:  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CreditsAcknowledgement#nid1YWO (--ppy/200907.10-11:36)  
  
* Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks''' - NancyWiegand / [[GaryBergCross]]  
+
* Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks''' - [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]] / [[GaryBergCross]]  
 
** Nancy: intro; SOCoP - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work  
 
** Nancy: intro; SOCoP - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work  
 
** Gary: intro - SOCoP secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;  
 
** Gary: intro - SOCoP secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;  
Line 129: Line 129:
  
 
* Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel sessions ... on deck:  
 
* Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel sessions ... on deck:  
** panel session on Protege / webProtege / BioPortal / [[CODS]] / OOR-sandbox ... and how they work together, now and in the near future ... this is more a OOR user and content providers' session (this would go right before Natasha's's OOR implementers and developers' session) - chair: MarkMusen - date confirmed Thu 16-July-2009  
+
** panel session on Protege / webProtege / [[BioPortal]] / [[CODS]] / OOR-sandbox ... and how they work together, now and in the near future ... this is more a OOR user and content providers' session (this would go right before Natasha's's OOR implementers and developers' session) - chair: Mark Musen - date confirmed Thu 16-July-2009  
 
*** panelists will mainly be from Stanford / NCBO  
 
*** panelists will mainly be from Stanford / NCBO  
** panel session on "BioPortal-based ontology repository implementation and development" - chair: NatashaNoy - date confirmed Thu 30-July-2009  
+
** panel session on "BioPortal-based ontology repository implementation and development" - chair: Natasha Noy - date confirmed Thu 30-July-2009  
*** candidate panelists: NCBO folks, MMI folks, OOR- MikeDean, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, AlexGarcia, KatherineGoodier (cultural codebase) ...  StephenGranite?, BartGajderowicz?, [[GaryBergCross]]?  
+
*** candidate panelists: NCBO folks, MMI folks, OOR- [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], AlexGarcia, [[KatherineGoodier|Katherine Goodier]] (cultural codebase) ...  StephenGranite?, BartGajderowicz?, [[GaryBergCross]]?  
 
** panel session on "OOR Research Issues" - champion: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - the date needs to be rescheduled  
 
** panel session on "OOR Research Issues" - champion: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]] - the date needs to be rescheduled  
*** candidate panelists: Michael, Leo->SuzetteStowtenburg, NatashaNoy, ElisaKendall, ChrisWelty, OOR team members from the EU, (and possibly other who were engaged when the OOR initiative first started ([[OpenOntologyRepository|ref.]]).  
+
*** candidate panelists: Michael, Leo->SuzetteStowtenburg, Natasha Noy, [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]], [[ChrisWelty|Chris Welty]], OOR team members from the EU, (and possibly other who were engaged when the OOR initiative first started ([[OpenOntologyRepository|ref.]]).  
 
*** Ken will send out a doodle scheduler on this soon!  
 
*** Ken will send out a doodle scheduler on this soon!  
 
** Ken/2009.07.10 update - session now scheduled for Thu 2009.08.06 - see: ConferenceCall_2009_08_06  
 
** Ken/2009.07.10 update - session now scheduled for Thu 2009.08.06 - see: ConferenceCall_2009_08_06  
*** Panelists: MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, AlexGarcia, MichaelGruninger, ElisaKendall, CarlosRueda, [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
+
*** Panelists: [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], AlexGarcia, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]], [[CarlosRueda|Carlos Rueda]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
 
*** will get people to contribute (between now and then) and collect thought on the page at: [[OOR/ResearchIssues]]  
 
*** will get people to contribute (between now and then) and collect thought on the page at: [[OOR/ResearchIssues]]  
 
*   
 
*   
Line 152: Line 152:
  
 
* '''OOR sandbox instance - status review''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net  
 
* '''OOR sandbox instance - status review''' - http://oor-01.cim3.net  
** Benjamin: major update - BioPortal v2.1d - to be released on 12-Jun-2009  
+
** Benjamin: major update - [[BioPortal]] v2.1d - to be released on 12-Jun-2009  
 
*** Natasha/2009.06.12 - slightly delayed, release date could now be a couple of week out  
 
*** Natasha/2009.06.12 - slightly delayed, release date could now be a couple of week out  
 
** Peter: hardware for OOR sandbox-2 (and later the production instance of OOR) will be ready fairly soon (next few days).  
 
** Peter: hardware for OOR sandbox-2 (and later the production instance of OOR) will be ready fairly soon (next few days).  
Line 171: Line 171:
  
 
* '''OOR development''' activities  
 
* '''OOR development''' activities  
** Michael: running into issues with trying to add FOL/CL upload/download onto the BioPortal codebase  
+
** Michael: running into issues with trying to add FOL/CL upload/download onto the [[BioPortal]] codebase  
 
*** Michael: issues with inherent binary relationship limitation with the existing OWL implementation (based on Protege)  
 
*** Michael: issues with inherent binary relationship limitation with the existing OWL implementation (based on Protege)  
*** Natasha: BioPortal now supports two backends now - the Protege backend and the LexGrid (OBO/Mayo) backend  
+
*** Natasha: [[BioPortal]] now supports two backends now - the Protege backend and the [[LexGrid]] (OBO/Mayo) backend  
*** PatCassidy: translate? ... having a CL backend for Protege would be useful  
+
*** [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]]: translate? ... having a CL backend for Protege would be useful  
 
** Peter: please continue this conversation on the [oor-dev] list  
 
** Peter: please continue this conversation on the [oor-dev] list  
 
** K: possibly add another use case for CL  
 
** K: possibly add another use case for CL  
Line 193: Line 193:
 
* '''Funding and proposals'''  
 
* '''Funding and proposals'''  
 
** Peter: suggest picking up the effort ... NSF solicitation like [http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=502112&org=OCI&sel_org=OCI&from=fund INTEROP (07-565)] (due 2009.07.23), [http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=500066&org=OCI&sel_org=OCI&from=fund STCI (PD 06-7231)] (due 2009.08.13)  
 
** Peter: suggest picking up the effort ... NSF solicitation like [http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=502112&org=OCI&sel_org=OCI&from=fund INTEROP (07-565)] (due 2009.07.23), [http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=500066&org=OCI&sel_org=OCI&from=fund STCI (PD 06-7231)] (due 2009.08.13)  
*** Peter: (in the spirit of the encouraged pairwise collaboration) I'll be making proposals to the INTEROP and STCI programs with MarkMusen
+
*** Peter: (in the spirit of the encouraged pairwise collaboration) I'll be making proposals to the INTEROP and STCI programs with Mark Musen
 
*** Ken: I'll look into either INTEROP or STCI to see if we can do something  
 
*** Ken: I'll look into either INTEROP or STCI to see if we can do something  
 
** Ken will be in the DC Area Jul-13 for an NIH panel. Ken and K could meet up and do some coordination during that visit  
 
** Ken will be in the DC Area Jul-13 for an NIH panel. Ken and K could meet up and do some coordination during that visit  
Line 281: Line 281:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] & [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] & [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] & [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer & BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen[[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] & [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  

Latest revision as of 03:25, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-07-10     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009.07.10, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

[edit] Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D2A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F7)

Suggested topics to be covered:     (1F10)

  • Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks - Nancy Wiegand / GaryBergCross     (1F15)
    • Nancy: intro; SOCoP - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work     (1F15A)
    • Gary: intro - SOCoP secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;     (1F15B)
    • Mike: welcome the collaboration; probably some additional features needed to support geospatial ontologies     (1F15C)
    • K: how much data will be involved .. using data.gov?     (1F15D)
      • Gary: possibly using some USGS data (K: which is already linked to data.gov)     (1F15D1)
    • Nancy: supporting data store ... or just ontologies     (1F15E)
    • Todd: OOR not supposed to provide data store ... but can consider a extension project to work on     (1F15F)
    • Nancy: is the infrastructure stable ... and expected to be around for many years?     (1F15G)
    • Gary: Nancy is the PI; proposal due in July;     (1F15H)
    • K: National Geospatial Symposium ...     (1F15I)
    • Ken: already has a grant ... can share some of the language used ... Nancy will contact Ken     (1F15J)
    • Ken/2009.07.10 update - I am working with Nancy to supply her some of the language for her proposal     (1F15K)
    • Peter: Ontolog has provided Nancy and Gary a "Letter of Collaboration" to NSF - see: the Letter     (1F15L)
    • Mike/2009.07.10 - will do "Support Letter" to NSF (for this proposal) on behalf of OOR too (--done! MikeDean/2009.07.20) - see: the Letter     (1F15M)
    • Ken: coming from the experience as a review panelist, these letters can help (as well as hurt) a proposal     (1F15N)
  • OOR sandbox instance - status review - http://oor-01.cim3.net     (1F21)
    • Benjamin: major update - BioPortal v2.1d - to be released on 12-Jun-2009     (1F21A)
      • Natasha/2009.06.12 - slightly delayed, release date could now be a couple of week out     (1F21A1)
    • Peter: hardware for OOR sandbox-2 (and later the production instance of OOR) will be ready fairly soon (next few days).     (1F21B)
      • an updated version of the CODS server will also be installed on that hardware cluster     (1F21B1)
    • Peter/2009.07.10 - hardware is now ready ... once the Stanford / NCBO are back from their International Conference (this week) in Amsterdam     (1F21C)
  • ISWC 2009     (1F23)
    • candidates: A poster on OOR; also presentation as a "Lightning Talk"; BOF meeting     (1F23A)
    • Todd, K & Ken will champion and coordinate this group of efforts     (1F23B)
      • Ken/2009.7.10: work the poster is in progress     (1F23B1)
      • Mike: would be great if we could also do a demo ... Ken: we'll submit that (a demo) as part of the proposal.     (1F23B2)
      • Ken / Mike / Michael: we'll do something to demo Common Logic support too     (1F23B3)
  • K: I am involved in some of the Obama cyberinfrastructure/security initiatives, and am promoting the use of an OOR     (1F24)
    • Todd: you might consider participating in the NCOIC community too, K.     (1F24A)
  • OOR development activities     (1F25)
    • Michael: running into issues with trying to add FOL/CL upload/download onto the BioPortal codebase     (1F25A)
    • Peter: please continue this conversation on the [oor-dev] list     (1F25B)
    • K: possibly add another use case for CL     (1F25C)
    • Peter/2009.07.10: would love to see Mike's team (or Mike to take the lead on a broader effort) would do a native FOL backend for the OOR     (1F25D)
    • Ken/2009.07.10: we need internal interfaces ... modularization ... [Ken, please elaborate ...]     (1F25E)
    • Todd/2009.07.10: need to re-emphasize that we should keep a focus on storing and retrieving "stuff" (so far, the focus has been too much on "ontologies") ... need separation of concerns     (1F25F)
    • Michael/2009.07.10 - we'll get some questions about working on a CL backend onto the [oor-dev] list, and look forward to the Jul-16 & Jul-30 sessions to get some clarification.     (1F25G)
  • Funding and proposals     (1F29)
    • Peter: suggest picking up the effort ... NSF solicitation like INTEROP (07-565) (due 2009.07.23), STCI (PD 06-7231) (due 2009.08.13)     (1F29A)
      • Peter: (in the spirit of the encouraged pairwise collaboration) I'll be making proposals to the INTEROP and STCI programs with Mark Musen     (1F29A1)
      • Ken: I'll look into either INTEROP or STCI to see if we can do something     (1F29A2)
    • Ken will be in the DC Area Jul-13 for an NIH panel. Ken and K could meet up and do some coordination during that visit     (1F29B)
    • Bart: what kind of help can we get (for proposals in Canada)     (1F29C)

4. New Issues:     (1F31)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F32)

6. Action items:     (1F33)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F35)

  • Next Meeting:     (1F36)
    • next meeting will be our joint OOR-Ontolog panel session on Thu 2009.07.16 10:30am PDT / 1:30pm EDT - see developing details on: ConferenceCall_2009_07_16     (1F36A)
    • next regular team call Fri 2009.07.24 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC - see (closer to the time) session page at: OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_07_24     (1F36B)
    • Note: earlier resolution: all team members please (if possible) block out Fridays 1.5 Hr starting 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1F36C)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.07.10-10:15am PDT     (1F39)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F40)


[edit] Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)