From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]ToddSchneider[ ]" to " Todd Schneider ")
m (Text replace - "[ ]LeoObrst[ ]" to " Leo Obrst ")
Line 45: Line 45:
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] (traveling)  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] (traveling)  
** LeoObrst  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]
 
** BartGajderowicz (in transit)  
 
** BartGajderowicz (in transit)  
  
Line 263: Line 263:
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* Developers mailling list: '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/ oor-dev] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-dev/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi & [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28     
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson & RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27     
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations & Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] & FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra & RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03     
 
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith & MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10     
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  

Revision as of 09:41, 8 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-06-26     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009.06.26, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EDT / 9:00am PDT / 6:00pm CET / 5:00pm GMT / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1B5)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1B7)

Attendees     (1D)

  • Expecting:     (1D2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1D2A)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1E1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1F7)

... entries below are from the previous call(s) and will be updated as this meeting progresses!     (1F8)

Suggested topics to be covered:     (1F11)

  • Potential for collaboration with the geospatial ontology folks - NancyWiegand / GaryBergCross     (1F17)
    • Nancy: intro; SOCoP - submitting a grant proposal to NSF again; possibility of using OOR for their work     (1F17A)
    • Gary: intro - SOCoP secretary; use of ontology repository for interoperability, social aspect of sharing;     (1F17B)
    • Mike: welcome the collaboration; probably some additional features needed to support geospatial ontologies     (1F17C)
    • K: how much data will be involved .. using data.gov?     (1F17D)
      • Gary: possibly using some USGS data (K: which is already linked to data.gov)     (1F17D1)
    • Nancy: supporting data store ... or just ontologies     (1F17E)
    • Todd: OOR not supposed to provide data store ... but can consider a extension project to work on     (1F17F)
    • Nancy: is the infrastructure stable ... and expected to be around for many years?     (1F17G)
    • Gary: Nancy is the PI; proposal due in July;     (1F17H)
    • K: National Geospatial Symposium ...     (1F17I)
    • Ken: already has a grant ... can share some of the language used ... Nancy will contact Ken     (1F17J)
    • Ken/2009.06.26 update - I am working with Nancy to supply her some of the language for her proposal     (1F17K)
  • Joint OOR-Ontolog Panel sessions ... on deck:     (1F19)
    • panel session on Protege / webProtege / BioPortal / CODS / OOR-sandbox ... and how they work together, now and in the near future ... this is more a OOR user and content providers' session (this would go right before Natasha's's OOR implementers and developers' session) - chair: MarkMusen - date confirmed Thu 16-July-2009     (1F19A)
    • panel session on "BioPortal-based ontology repository implementation and development" - chair: NatashaNoy - date confirmed Thu 30-July-2009     (1F19B)
      • candidate panelists: NCBO folks, MMI folks, OOR- MikeDean, MichaelGruninger, KenBaclawski, AlexGarcia, KatherineGoodier (cultural codebase) ... StephenGranite?, BartGajderowicz?, GaryBergCross?     (1F19B1)
    • panel session on "OOR Research Issues" - champion: Ken Baclawski - the date needs to be rescheduled     (1F19C)
      • candidate panelists: Michael, Leo->SuzetteStowtenburg, NatashaNoy, ElisaKendall, ChrisWelty, OOR team members from the EU, (and possibly other who were engaged when the OOR initiative first started (ref.).     (1F19C1)
      • Ken will send out a doodle scheduler on this soon!     (1F19C2)
    • Ken/2009.06.26 update - session now scheduled for Thu 2009.08.06 - see: ConferenceCall_2009_08_06     (1F19D)
    • Peter: noting the huge overlap of panelists (and possibly topics) between the 7/30 & 8/06 sessions ... suggest we try to leverage that to our advantage     (1F20A)
      • Ken: I will be looking more for discussions, rather than presentation     (1F20A1)
        • also, looking for longer term issue rather than more immediate issues     (1F20A1A)
      • Ken, Natasha, Mike and Peter will try to coordinate offline in the organizational effort     (1F20A2)
  • OOR sandbox instance - status review - http://oor-01.cim3.net     (1F23)
    • Benjamin: major update - BioPortal v2.1d - to be released on 12-Jun-2009     (1F23A)
      • Natasha/2009.06.12 - slightly delayed, release date could now be a couple of week out     (1F23A1)
    • Peter: hardware for OOR sandbox-2 (and later the production instance of OOR) will be ready fairly soon (next few days).     (1F23B)
      • an updated version of the CODS server will also be installed on that hardware cluster     (1F23B1)
    • Peter/2009.06.26 - hardware is now ready ... once the Stanford / NCBO are back from their International Conference (this week) in Amsterdam     (1F23C)
  • K: I am involved in some of the Obama cyberinfrastructure/security initiatives, and am promoting the use of an OOR     (1F26)
    • Todd: you might consider participating in the NCOIC community too, K.     (1F26A)
  • OOR development activities     (1F27)
    • Michael: running into issues with trying to add FOL/CL upload/download onto the BioPortal codebase     (1F27A)
      • Michael: issues with inherent binary relationship limitation with the existing OWL implementation (based on Protege)     (1F27A1)
      • Natasha: BioPortal now supports two backends now - the Protege backend and the LexGrid (OBO/Mayo) backend     (1F27A2)
      • PatCassidy: translate? ... having a CL backend for Protege would be useful     (1F27A3)
    • Peter: please continue this conversation on the [oor-dev] list     (1F27B)
    • K: possibly add another use case for CL     (1F27C)
    • Peter/2009.06.26: would love to see Mike's team (or Mike to take the lead on a broader effort) would do a native FOL backend for the OOR     (1F27D)
    • Ken/2009.06.26: we need internal interfaces ... modularization ... [Ken, please elaborate ...]     (1F27E)
    • Todd/2009.06.26: need to re-emphasize that we should keep a focus on storing and retrieving "stuff" (so far, the focus has been too much on "ontologies") ... need separation of concerns     (1F27F)
  • Funding and proposals     (1F30)
    • Peter: suggest picking up the effort ... NSF solicitation like INTEROP, STCI     (1F30A)
    • Ken will be in the DC Area Jul-13 for an NIH panel. Ken and K could meet up and do some coordination during that visit     (1F30B)

4. New Issues:     (1F32)

5. Any Other Business:     (1F33)

6. Action items:     (1F34)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F36)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.06.26-10:28am PDT     (1F40)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F41)


Resources     (1G)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G20)