From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
... please refer to proceedings of the last meeting at: [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_09]]  
 
... please refer to proceedings of the last meeting at: [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_09]]  
  
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details: ===
+
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ===
  
 
* Date: '''Friday, Jan. 23, 2009 '''  
 
* Date: '''Friday, Jan. 23, 2009 '''  
Line 39: Line 39:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[PeterYim]]  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** [[ToddSchneider]] (chair)  
+
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] (chair)  
** [[KenBaclawski]]  
+
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
** [[MichaelGruninger]]  
+
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** [[DeniseBedford]]  
+
** [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]]  
 
*   
 
*   
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** [[MikeDean]]  
+
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]  
** [[LeoObrst]]  
+
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]  
  
== Agenda Ideas: ==
+
== Agenda Ideas  ==
  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
  
* Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with [[MichaelGruninger]] abd (possibly) [[KathyLaskey]]  
+
* Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] abd (possibly) [[KathyLaskey|Kathy Laskey]]  
 
* Peter: partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort  
 
* Peter: partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort  
 
* Tweaking our implementation approach  
 
* Tweaking our implementation approach  
  
== Agenda & Proceedings: ==
+
== Agenda & Proceedings  ==
  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[ToddSchneider]] takes the chair and welcomed everyone  
+
* [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] takes the chair and welcomed everyone  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 81: Line 81:
 
* Todd: current discussion on [ontolog-forum] is interesting, and is pertinent to OOR  
 
* Todd: current discussion on [ontolog-forum] is interesting, and is pertinent to OOR  
 
** among them, governance issue could be a research issue  
 
** among them, governance issue could be a research issue  
*** ref. [[KathyLaskey]] - evidentiary information  
+
*** ref. [[KathyLaskey|Kathy Laskey]] - evidentiary information  
  
 
* '''Logistics and Communications'''  
 
* '''Logistics and Communications'''  
Line 90: Line 90:
 
Suggested '''topics to be covered:'''  
 
Suggested '''topics to be covered:'''  
  
* '''Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with [[MichaelGruninger]] and (possibly) [[KathyLaskey]]'''  
+
* '''Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] and (possibly) KathyLaskey'''  
 
** Given the addition of US-EU collaboration and student efforts, suggest we get a chance to collectively re-assess who is actively "on" now, what resources they are bringing to the table, and then tweaking and fine tune our implementation approach again  
 
** Given the addition of US-EU collaboration and student efforts, suggest we get a chance to collectively re-assess who is actively "on" now, what resources they are bringing to the table, and then tweaking and fine tune our implementation approach again  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Todd and Mike will go check on possibility of companies to sponsor project and provide some small funding for student travel (to report on their projects) and the like  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Todd and Mike will go check on possibility of companies to sponsor project and provide some small funding for student travel (to report on their projects) and the like  
 
*** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)''Todd: No (not for now) from his company  
 
*** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)''Todd: No (not for now) from his company  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Rex can provide contacts who have real needs for an OOR type product  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Rex can provide contacts who have real needs for an OOR type product  
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' [[ToddSchneider]] will ping [[KathyLaskey]] and [[MichaelGruninger]] and report back at the next call  
+
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] will ping [[KathyLaskey|Kathy Laskey]] and [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] and report back at the next call  
 
** Peter: check out our panel discussion on "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
 
** Peter: check out our panel discussion on "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
*** and, in particular, the panelists' [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22|slides]] and [[MikeDean]]'s [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR-prototype--MikeDean_20080606/doc/ his architecture prototype]  
+
*** and, in particular, the panelists' [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22|slides]] and MikeDean's [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR-prototype--MikeDean_20080606/doc/ his architecture prototype]  
  
 
*   
 
*   
Line 116: Line 116:
 
*** Todd: if I remember correctly, Kathy even suggested that a whole class would work on a piece like that  
 
*** Todd: if I remember correctly, Kathy even suggested that a whole class would work on a piece like that  
 
*** Todd will champion this take-2 event - now scheduled for Thursday 2009.02.19 1:30~3:30pm EST  
 
*** Todd will champion this take-2 event - now scheduled for Thursday 2009.02.19 1:30~3:30pm EST  
**** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider]]; Panelists: [[MarkMusen]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[MikeDean]], [[PaulBuitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_02_19]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
**** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]; Panelists: Mark Musen, Natasha Noy, [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[PaulBuitelaar|Paul Buitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth|Andreas Harth]], [[MathieuDaquin|Mathieu Daquin]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
**** format: invited panelists with 10~15 min. briefing to seed the discussion, an extended open discussion to address the specific issues and goals, augmented with chat session to capture participant inputs  
 
**** format: invited panelists with 10~15 min. briefing to seed the discussion, an extended open discussion to address the specific issues and goals, augmented with chat session to capture participant inputs  
 
*** ALL: we need a place the the project (which is available now at [[SemWebCentral]]) and a 'repository" where people can submit their ontologies,(which we don't have yet)!  
 
*** ALL: we need a place the the project (which is available now at [[SemWebCentral]]) and a 'repository" where people can submit their ontologies,(which we don't have yet)!  
Line 130: Line 130:
  
 
* '''Funding and proposals'''  
 
* '''Funding and proposals'''  
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Bruce still working toward some collaborative effort with [[MarkMusen]] - will let everyone know when some progress is made  
+
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Bruce still working toward some collaborative effort with Mark Musen - will let everyone know when some progress is made  
 
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Peter: ALL - don't forget to use the "OOR" label (so we can help build the "brand" recognition and each other)!  
 
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Peter: ALL - don't forget to use the "OOR" label (so we can help build the "brand" recognition and each other)!  
  
Line 154: Line 154:
  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:00 am PST  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:00 am PST  
 
  
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2009.01.23-10:01am PST
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
 
  
 +
notes taken by: [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / 2009.01.23-10:01am PST
 +
 +
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
  
 
----
 
----
Line 202: Line 202:
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/ oor-forum] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/ oor-forum] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken]]; Panelists: [[BruceBargmeyer]], [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]], [[FarrukhNajmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_02_28]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]; Panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen, [[FarrukhNajmi|Farrukh Najmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug]], [[EvanWallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[PeterBenson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug|William Bug]], [[EvanWallace|Evan Wallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[PeterBenson|Peter Benson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat]], [[DekeSmith]], [[MarciaZeng]], [[DeniseBedford]], [[PatHayes]], [[MalaMehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]], [[DekeSmith|Deke Smith]], [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[DeniseBedford|Denise Bedford]], [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[MalaMehrotra|Mala Mehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin|Rob Raskin]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger]], [[PeterHaase]], [[NatashaNoy]] &amp;  [[ElisaKendall]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]], [[PeterHaase|Peter Haase]], Natasha Noy &amp;  [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]] - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]],  [[LiDing]], [[BruceBargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], Mark Musen,  [[LiDing|Li Ding]], [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
* '''[[OntologySummit2008]]''' homepage  
+
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
** '''[[OntologySummit2008]]/[[FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
+
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008|Ontology Summit 2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  
Line 227: Line 227:
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_Funding]]'''  
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_Funding]]'''  
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_ResearchIssues]]'''  
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_ResearchIssues]]'''  
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org
+
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]    [[Category:OOR]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_23 here] for original page

Latest revision as of 03:23, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-01-23     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009.01.23, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6pm CET / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

... please refer to proceedings of the last meeting at: OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_09     (1B)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1C5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1C5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1C5B)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1C6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1C8)

[edit] Attendees     (1E)

  • Expecting:     (1E2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1E3A)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1F)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1F1)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1G7)

Suggested topics to be covered:     (1G12)

  • partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort     (1G15)
    • Peter to try resuming conversation with the rest of the champions and report back at the next call     (1G15A)
  • Funding and proposals     (1G19)
    • (from the 2009.01.09 call) Bruce still working toward some collaborative effort with Mark Musen - will let everyone know when some progress is made     (1G19A)
    • (from the 2009.01.09 call) Peter: ALL - don't forget to use the "OOR" label (so we can help build the "brand" recognition and each other)!     (1G19B)

4. New Issues:     (1G21)

5. Any Other Business:     (1G22)

6. Action items:     (1G23)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G25)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2009.01.23-10:01am PST     (1G29)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G30)


[edit] Resources     (1H)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1H18)