From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2009-01-23 11:58:11 By user: PeterYim)
Line 5: Line 5:
 
... please refer to proceedings of the last meeting at: [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_09]]  
 
... please refer to proceedings of the last meeting at: [[OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_09]]  
  
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details: ===
+
=== [[MeetingsCalls|Conference Call]] Details  ===
  
 
* Date: '''Friday, Jan. 23, 2009 '''  
 
* Date: '''Friday, Jan. 23, 2009 '''  
Line 39: Line 39:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[PeterYim]]
+
** PeterYim  
** [[ToddSchneider]] (chair)  
+
** ToddSchneider (chair)  
** [[KenBaclawski]]
+
** KenBaclawski  
** [[MichaelGruninger]]
+
** MichaelGruninger  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** [[DeniseBedford]]
+
** DeniseBedford  
 
*   
 
*   
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
 
** ... ''if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation.'' ...  
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** [[MikeDean]]
+
** MikeDean  
** [[LeoObrst]]
+
** LeoObrst  
  
== Agenda Ideas: ==
+
== Agenda Ideas  ==
  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
 
''please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)''  
  
* Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with [[MichaelGruninger]] abd (possibly) [[KathyLaskey]]
+
* Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with MichaelGruninger abd (possibly) KathyLaskey  
 
* Peter: partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort  
 
* Peter: partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort  
 
* Tweaking our implementation approach  
 
* Tweaking our implementation approach  
  
== Agenda & Proceedings: ==
+
== Agenda & Proceedings  ==
  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
 
1. Meeting called to order:  
  
* [[ToddSchneider]] takes the chair and welcomed everyone  
+
* ToddSchneider takes the chair and welcomed everyone  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
+
* PeterYim volunteers to take minutes of the meeting  
  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
 
* review and adopt agenda  
Line 81: Line 81:
 
* Todd: current discussion on [ontolog-forum] is interesting, and is pertinent to OOR  
 
* Todd: current discussion on [ontolog-forum] is interesting, and is pertinent to OOR  
 
** among them, governance issue could be a research issue  
 
** among them, governance issue could be a research issue  
*** ref. [[KathyLaskey]] - evidentiary information  
+
*** ref. KathyLaskey - evidentiary information  
  
 
* '''Logistics and Communications'''  
 
* '''Logistics and Communications'''  
Line 90: Line 90:
 
Suggested '''topics to be covered:'''  
 
Suggested '''topics to be covered:'''  
  
* '''Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with [[MichaelGruninger]] and (possibly) [[KathyLaskey]]'''  
+
* '''Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with MichaelGruninger and (possibly) KathyLaskey'''  
 
** Given the addition of US-EU collaboration and student efforts, suggest we get a chance to collectively re-assess who is actively "on" now, what resources they are bringing to the table, and then tweaking and fine tune our implementation approach again  
 
** Given the addition of US-EU collaboration and student efforts, suggest we get a chance to collectively re-assess who is actively "on" now, what resources they are bringing to the table, and then tweaking and fine tune our implementation approach again  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Todd and Mike will go check on possibility of companies to sponsor project and provide some small funding for student travel (to report on their projects) and the like  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Todd and Mike will go check on possibility of companies to sponsor project and provide some small funding for student travel (to report on their projects) and the like  
 
*** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)''Todd: No (not for now) from his company  
 
*** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)''Todd: No (not for now) from his company  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Rex can provide contacts who have real needs for an OOR type product  
 
** ''(from the 2008.12.12 call)'' Rex can provide contacts who have real needs for an OOR type product  
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' [[ToddSchneider]] will ping [[KathyLaskey]] and [[MichaelGruninger]] and report back at the next call  
+
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' ToddSchneider will ping KathyLaskey and MichaelGruninger and report back at the next call  
 
** Peter: check out our panel discussion on "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
 
** Peter: check out our panel discussion on "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_08_22  
*** and, in particular, the panelists' [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22|slides]] and [[MikeDean]]'s [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR-prototype--MikeDean_20080606/doc/ his architecture prototype]  
+
*** and, in particular, the panelists' [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22|slides]] and MikeDean's [http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR-prototype--MikeDean_20080606/doc/ his architecture prototype]  
  
 
*   
 
*   
Line 116: Line 116:
 
*** Todd: if I remember correctly, Kathy even suggested that a whole class would work on a piece like that  
 
*** Todd: if I remember correctly, Kathy even suggested that a whole class would work on a piece like that  
 
*** Todd will champion this take-2 event - now scheduled for Thursday 2009.02.19 1:30~3:30pm EST  
 
*** Todd will champion this take-2 event - now scheduled for Thursday 2009.02.19 1:30~3:30pm EST  
**** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: [[ToddSchneider]]; Panelists: [[MarkMusen]], [[NatashaNoy]], [[MikeDean]], [[PaulBuitelaar]] / [[AndreasHarth]], [[MathieuDaquin]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[MichaelGruninger]] - [[ConferenceCall_2009_02_19]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
**** 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: ToddSchneider; Panelists: MarkMusen, NatashaNoy, MikeDean, PaulBuitelaar / AndreasHarth, MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
**** format: invited panelists with 10~15 min. briefing to seed the discussion, an extended open discussion to address the specific issues and goals, augmented with chat session to capture participant inputs  
 
**** format: invited panelists with 10~15 min. briefing to seed the discussion, an extended open discussion to address the specific issues and goals, augmented with chat session to capture participant inputs  
 
*** ALL: we need a place the the project (which is available now at [[SemWebCentral]]) and a 'repository" where people can submit their ontologies,(which we don't have yet)!  
 
*** ALL: we need a place the the project (which is available now at [[SemWebCentral]]) and a 'repository" where people can submit their ontologies,(which we don't have yet)!  
Line 130: Line 130:
  
 
* '''Funding and proposals'''  
 
* '''Funding and proposals'''  
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Bruce still working toward some collaborative effort with [[MarkMusen]] - will let everyone know when some progress is made  
+
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Bruce still working toward some collaborative effort with MarkMusen - will let everyone know when some progress is made  
 
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Peter: ALL - don't forget to use the "OOR" label (so we can help build the "brand" recognition and each other)!  
 
** ''(from the 2009.01.09 call)'' Peter: ALL - don't forget to use the "OOR" label (so we can help build the "brand" recognition and each other)!  
  
Line 154: Line 154:
  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:00 am PST  
 
* Call adjourned at: 10:00 am PST  
 
  
 
--
 
--
notes taken by: [[PeterYim]] / 2009.01.23-10:01am PST
 
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
 
  
 +
notes taken by: PeterYim / 2009.01.23-10:01am PST
 +
 +
All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.
  
 
----
 
----
Line 202: Line 202:
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/ oor-forum] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/ oor-forum] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/oor-forum/  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
 
* the four '''joint [[OOR]]-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussions''':  
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FrankOlken]]; Panelists: [[BruceBargmeyer]], [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]], [[FarrukhNajmi]] &amp; [[PeterYim]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_02_28]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_02_28 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Ontology Registry and Repository Technology &amp; Infrastructure Landscape" - Co-chairs: LeoObrst &amp; FrankOlken; Panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MikeDean, MarkMusen, FarrukhNajmi &amp; PeterYim - ConferenceCall_2008_02_28 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[WilliamBug]], [[EvanWallace]], [[JohnLMcCarthy]], [[KenBaclawski]], [[PeterBenson]] &amp; [[RexBrooks]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_03_27]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_03_27 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-1" - Chair: LeoObrst &amp; FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: WilliamBug, EvanWallace, [[JohnLMcCarthy]], KenBaclawski, PeterBenson &amp; RexBrooks - ConferenceCall_2008_03_27 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: [[LeoObrst]] &amp; [[FabianNeuhaus]]; Panelists: [[DougLenat]], [[DekeSmith]], [[MarciaZeng]], [[DeniseBedford]], [[PatHayes]], [[MalaMehrotra]] &amp; [[RobRaskin]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_03]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_03 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "An Open Ontology Repository: Rationale, Expectations &amp; Requirements - Session-2" - Chair: LeoObrst &amp; FabianNeuhaus; Panelists: DougLenat, DekeSmith, MarciaZeng, DeniseBedford, PatHayes, MalaMehrotra &amp; RobRaskin - ConferenceCall_2008_04_03 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-[[OntologySummit2008]] Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: [[BarrySmith]] &amp; [[MichaelGruninger]]; Panelists: [[MichaelGruninger]], [[PeterHaase]], [[NatashaNoy]] &amp;  [[ElisaKendall]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_04_10]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_04_10 - Thursday: Joint OOR-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion: "Developing an Ontology of Ontologies for OOR" - Co-chairs: BarrySmith &amp; MichaelGruninger; Panelists: MichaelGruninger, PeterHaase, NatashaNoy &amp;  ElisaKendall - ConferenceCall_2008_04_10 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
 
* the '''OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps panel session''':  
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: [[LeoObrst]]; Panelists: [[MikeDean]], [[MarkMusen]][[LiDing]], [[BruceBargmeyer]] &amp; [[BillAndersen]] - [[ConferenceCall_2008_08_22]] &nbsp;&nbsp;  
+
** 2008_08_22 - Friday: OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies &amp; Gaps" (Take-1) - Chair: LeoObrst; Panelists: MikeDean, MarkMusen,  LiDing, BruceBargmeyer &amp; BillAndersen - ConferenceCall_2008_08_22 &nbsp;&nbsp;  
* '''[[OntologySummit2008]]''' homepage  
+
* '''OntologySummit2008''' homepage  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
 
** '''[[OntologySummit2008_Communique]]'''  
** '''[[OntologySummit2008]]/[[FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
+
** '''[[OntologySummit2008/FaceToFaceAgenda]]'''  
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the [[OntologySummit2008]] face-to-face workshop)  
+
** The '''[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2008/2008-04-2829_F2F-workshop/OntologySummit2008_OOR-Presentation--MikeDean-LeoObrst-PeterYim_20080429.ppt OOR Project] Presentation''' (delivered at the OntologySummit2008 face-to-face workshop)  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* '''[ [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/ ontology-summit] ]''' discussion archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* Our key content pages:  
 
* Our key content pages:  
Line 227: Line 227:
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_Funding]]'''  
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_Funding]]'''  
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_ResearchIssues]]'''  
 
** '''[[OpenOntologyRepository_ResearchIssues]]'''  
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org
+
* '''OOR Project site at [[SemWebCentral]]''' - http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]    [[Category:OOR]]
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_23 here] for original page

Revision as of 00:50, 14 December 2015

[ ]

Contents

OpenOntologyRepository: OOR Team Conference Call - Fri 2009-01-23     (1)

OpenOntologyRepository team conference call, Fri 2009.01.23, 1.0~1.5 Hr. call starting 12:00pm EST / 9:00am PST / 6pm CET / 17:00 UTC     (1A)

... please refer to proceedings of the last meeting at: OOR/ConferenceCall_2009_01_09     (1B)

  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1C5)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1C5A)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1C5B)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendee" list below (if you are a member of the team.)     (1C6)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1C8)

Attendees     (1E)

  • Expecting:     (1E2)
    • ... if you are coming to the meeting, please add your name above (plus your affiliation, if you aren't already a member of the community) above, or e-mail <peter.yim@cim3.com> so that we can reserve enough resources to support everyone's participation. ...     (1E3A)

Agenda Ideas     (1F)

please insert below (along with your name for follow-up purposes)     (1F1)

  • Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with MichaelGruninger abd (possibly) KathyLaskey     (1F2)
  • Peter: partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort     (1F3)
  • Tweaking our implementation approach     (1F4)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

  • ToddSchneider takes the chair and welcomed everyone     (1G2)
  • PeterYim volunteers to take minutes of the meeting     (1G3)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status Review and Discussion:     (1G7)

  • Todd: current discussion on [ontolog-forum] is interesting, and is pertinent to OOR     (1G9)

Suggested topics to be covered:     (1G12)

  • Re-assessing our resources & discuss student support with MichaelGruninger and (possibly) KathyLaskey     (1G13)
    • Given the addition of US-EU collaboration and student efforts, suggest we get a chance to collectively re-assess who is actively "on" now, what resources they are bringing to the table, and then tweaking and fine tune our implementation approach again     (1G13A)
    • (from the 2008.12.12 call) Todd and Mike will go check on possibility of companies to sponsor project and provide some small funding for student travel (to report on their projects) and the like     (1G13B)
      • (from the 2009.01.09 call)Todd: No (not for now) from his company     (1G13B1)
    • (from the 2008.12.12 call) Rex can provide contacts who have real needs for an OOR type product     (1G13C)
    • (from the 2009.01.09 call) ToddSchneider will ping KathyLaskey and MichaelGruninger and report back at the next call     (1G13D)
    • Peter: check out our panel discussion on "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     (1G13E)
    • Michael: have one student available now, and another available in April     (1G14A)
      • inclination towards first order logic ... starting up a project called COLORE - common logic ontology repository (the student available in April does not even have to be working on this)     (1G14A1)
    • Todd / Michael: focus on implementation and functional issues     (1G14B)
    • Peter: we still don't have a OOR repository for people to put ontologies into yet! That should be among our first steps     (1G14C)
    • Ken / Peter: this group is still working on an NSF proposal, but we are not waiting ... should move the OOR project with volunteer work and passion     (1G14D)
    • Michael: maybe we should explore what is the simplest things we can do in the next six months that could help move the project forward     (1G14E)
    • maybe we should do a take-2 on "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying Synergies & Gaps" - ref: take-1: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_08_22     (1G14F)
      • this time around we pre-define what we needs to walk out of that meeting with     (1G14F1)
      • Todd: I'll do a roll up of what needs to be addressed in stage one, and to articulate the 'goal'     (1G14F2)
      • Ken: I am sure there are people who would want to contribute, but we need to identify the "gaps" that they can fill in     (1G14F3)
      • Todd: if I remember correctly, Kathy even suggested that a whole class would work on a piece like that     (1G14F4)
      • Todd will champion this take-2 event - now scheduled for Thursday 2009.02.19 1:30~3:30pm EST     (1G14F5)
        • 2009_02_19 - Thursday: Joint Ontolog-OOR Panel Discussion: "Getting OOR Development Off the Ground (Take-2): the work begins" - Chair: ToddSchneider; Panelists: MarkMusen, NatashaNoy, MikeDean, PaulBuitelaar / AndreasHarth, MathieuDaquin, KenBaclawski, MichaelGruninger - ConferenceCall_2009_02_19        (1G14F5A)
        • format: invited panelists with 10~15 min. briefing to seed the discussion, an extended open discussion to address the specific issues and goals, augmented with chat session to capture participant inputs     (1G14F5B)
      • ALL: we need a place the the project (which is available now at SemWebCentral) and a 'repository" where people can submit their ontologies,(which we don't have yet)!     (1G14F6)
  • partitioning the join OOR-Ontolog mini-series championship effort     (1G15)
    • Peter to try resuming conversation with the rest of the champions and report back at the next call     (1G15A)
  • Funding and proposals     (1G19)
    • (from the 2009.01.09 call) Bruce still working toward some collaborative effort with MarkMusen - will let everyone know when some progress is made     (1G19A)
    • (from the 2009.01.09 call) Peter: ALL - don't forget to use the "OOR" label (so we can help build the "brand" recognition and each other)!     (1G19B)

4. New Issues:     (1G21)

5. Any Other Business:     (1G22)

6. Action items:     (1G23)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G25)

notes taken by: PeterYim / 2009.01.23-10:01am PST     (1G29)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G30)


Resources     (1H)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1H18)