From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]MikeDean[ ]" to " Mike Dean ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
(2 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
= OntologySummit2014 Launch Event - Thu 2014-01-16  =
+
= [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] Launch Event - Thu 2014-01-16  =
  
 
* Summit Theme: '''OntologySummit2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"'''  
 
* Summit Theme: '''OntologySummit2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"'''  
Line 13: Line 13:
 
** '''[[ONTOLOG]] - Mr. PeterYim''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Yim-ONTOLOG_OntologySummit2014-launch-remarks_20140116.pdf slides])  
 
** '''[[ONTOLOG]] - Mr. PeterYim''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Yim-ONTOLOG_OntologySummit2014-launch-remarks_20140116.pdf slides])  
  
* Introducing our Champions and the OntologySummit2014 program:  
+
* Introducing our Champions and the [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] program:  
** Track A: '''Common Reusable Semantic Content''' - Co-Champions: '''Mr. MikeBennett, Ms. AndreaWesterinen, Dr. [[GaryBergCross]]''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-A_Content_OntologySummit2014_launch--AndreaWesterinen-GaryBergCross-MikeBennett_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Track A: '''Common Reusable Semantic Content''' - Co-Champions: '''Mr. [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], Ms. [[AndreaWesterinen|Andrea Westerinen]], Dr. [[GaryBergCross]]''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-A_Content_OntologySummit2014_launch--AndreaWesterinen-GaryBergCross-MikeBennett_20140116.pdf slides])  
** Track B: '''Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques''' - Co-Champions: '''Dr. ChristophLange, Professor AlanRector, ...''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-B_Ontology-Tools-Services-techniques_OntologySummit2014-launch_ChristophLange_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Track B: '''Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques''' - Co-Champions: '''Dr. [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]], Professor [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], ...''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-B_Ontology-Tools-Services-techniques_OntologySummit2014-launch_ChristophLange_20140116.pdf slides])  
** Track C: '''Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks''' - Co-Champions: '''Professor KrzysztofJanowicz, Professor PascalHitzler, Dr. MatthewWest''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-C_Bottlenecks_OntologySummit2014-launch--PascalHitzler-MatthewWest-KrzysztofJanowicz_21040116.pdf slides])  
+
** Track C: '''Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks''' - Co-Champions: '''Professor [[KrzysztofJanowicz|Krzysztof Janowicz]], Professor [[PascalHitzler|Pascal Hitzler]], Dr. MatthewWest''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-C_Bottlenecks_OntologySummit2014-launch--PascalHitzler-MatthewWest-KrzysztofJanowicz_21040116.pdf slides])  
** Track D: '''Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data''' - Co-Champions: '''Professor KenBaclawski, ...''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-D_Tackling-Variety-In-BigData_OntologySummit2014-launch--KenBaclawski_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Track D: '''Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data''' - Co-Champions: '''Professor [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], ...''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-D_Tackling-Variety-In-BigData_OntologySummit2014-launch--KenBaclawski_20140116.pdf slides])  
** Track E: '''Hackathon (and related activities)''' - Co-Champions: '''Mr. DanBrickley, Mr. AnatolyLevenchuk, ..., (Professor KenBaclawski)''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-E_Hackathon_OntologySummit2014_launch--DanBrickley-AnatolyLevenchuk_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Track E: '''Hackathon (and related activities)''' - Co-Champions: '''Mr. [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]], Mr. [[AnatolyLevenchuk|Anatoly Levenchuk]], ..., (Professor KenBaclawski)''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-E_Hackathon_OntologySummit2014_launch--DanBrickley-AnatolyLevenchuk_20140116.pdf slides])  
** Track F: '''Communique and Publications''' - Lead-Editors: '''Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. LeoObrst'''; Co-champions: '''Dr. ToddSchneider, Ms. FrancescaQuattri''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-F_CommuniquePublications_OntologySummit2014-launch--ToddSchneider-FrancescaQuattri_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Track F: '''Communique and Publications''' - Lead-Editors: '''Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. LeoObrst'''; Co-champions: '''Dr. [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], Ms. FrancescaQuattri''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-F_CommuniquePublications_OntologySummit2014-launch--ToddSchneider-FrancescaQuattri_20140116.pdf slides])  
** Track G: '''Community Resources (Library, Data Collection, Ontology Repository, etc.) - Co-champions: Dr. AmandaVizedom, Dr. OliverKutz''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-G_CommunityResources_OntologySummit2014-launch--AmandaVizedom-OliverKutz_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Track G: '''Community Resources (Library, Data Collection, Ontology Repository, etc.) - Co-champions: Dr. [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]], Dr. OliverKutz''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Track-G_CommunityResources_OntologySummit2014-launch--AmandaVizedom-OliverKutz_20140116.pdf slides])  
** Team R: '''Public Relations (includes Sponsor Relations & Website Development)''' - Co-champions: '''___, Professor MarcelaVegetti, ..., (Dr. MatthewWest)''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Team-R_PublicRelations_OntologySummit2014--Yim-Vegetti_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Team R: '''Public Relations (includes Sponsor Relations & Website Development)''' - Co-champions: '''___, Professor [[MarcelaVegetti|Marcela Vegetti]], ..., (Dr. MatthewWest)''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Team-R_PublicRelations_OntologySummit2014--Yim-Vegetti_20140116.pdf slides])  
** Team M: '''Program management (includes operations, logistics, production)''' - Co-champions: '''Mr. PeterYim, ...''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Team-M_ProgramManagement_OntologySummit2014--PeterYim_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
** Team M: '''Program management (includes operations, logistics, production)''' - Co-champions: '''Mr. [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ...''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Team-M_ProgramManagement_OntologySummit2014--PeterYim_20140116.pdf slides])  
  
* '''Symposium Co-chairs - Dr. RamSriram & Professor TimFinin''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Symposium_OntologySummit2014-launch--TimFinin-RamSriram_20140116.pdf slides])  
+
* '''Symposium Co-chairs - Dr. [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]] & Professor TimFinin''' . ([http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/Symposium_OntologySummit2014-launch--TimFinin-RamSriram_20140116.pdf slides])  
  
 
* ==[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/ Archives]==  
 
* ==[http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2014/2014-01-16_Launch/ Archives]==  
Line 39: Line 39:
 
'''OntologySummit2014 Theme: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"'''  
 
'''OntologySummit2014 Theme: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"'''  
  
This is our 9th OntologySummit, a joint initiative by NIST, Ontolog, NCOR, NCBO, IAOA & NCO_NITRD with the support of our co-sponsors.  
+
This is our 9th [[OntologySummit|Ontology Summit]], a joint initiative by NIST, Ontolog, NCOR, NCBO, IAOA & NCO_NITRD with the support of our co-sponsors.  
  
 
Since the beginnings of the Semantic Web, ontologies have played key roles in the design and deployment of new semantic technologies. Yet over the years, the level of collaboration between the Semantic Web and Applied Ontology communities has been much less than expected. Within Big Data applications, ontologies appear to have had little impact.  
 
Since the beginnings of the Semantic Web, ontologies have played key roles in the design and deployment of new semantic technologies. Yet over the years, the level of collaboration between the Semantic Web and Applied Ontology communities has been much less than expected. Within Big Data applications, ontologies appear to have had little impact.  
Line 45: Line 45:
 
This year's Ontology Summit is an opportunity for building bridges between the Semantic Web, Linked Data, Big Data, and Applied Ontology communities. On the one hand, the Semantic Web, Linked Data, and Big Data communities can bring a wide array of real problems (such as performance and scalability challenges and the variety problem in Big Data) and technologies (automated reasoning tools) that can make use of ontologies. On the other hand, the Applied Ontology community can bring a large body of common reusable content (ontologies) and ontological analysis techniques. Identifying and overcoming ontology engineering bottlenecks is critical for all communities.  
 
This year's Ontology Summit is an opportunity for building bridges between the Semantic Web, Linked Data, Big Data, and Applied Ontology communities. On the one hand, the Semantic Web, Linked Data, and Big Data communities can bring a wide array of real problems (such as performance and scalability challenges and the variety problem in Big Data) and technologies (automated reasoning tools) that can make use of ontologies. On the other hand, the Applied Ontology community can bring a large body of common reusable content (ontologies) and ontological analysis techniques. Identifying and overcoming ontology engineering bottlenecks is critical for all communities.  
  
OntologySummit2014 will pose and address the primary challenges in these areas of interaction among the different communities. The Summit activities will bring together insights and methods from these different communities, synthesize new insights, and disseminate knowledge across field boundaries.  
+
[[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] will pose and address the primary challenges in these areas of interaction among the different communities. The Summit activities will bring together insights and methods from these different communities, synthesize new insights, and disseminate knowledge across field boundaries.  
  
 
Following earlier Ontology Summit practice, the synthesized results of this season's discourse will be published as a Communique.  
 
Following earlier Ontology Summit practice, the synthesized results of this season's discourse will be published as a Communique.  
Line 57: Line 57:
 
* '''Session Format:''' this is a virtual session conducted over an augmented conference call - [ [[ConferenceCall_2014_01_16|slides]] ]  
 
* '''Session Format:''' this is a virtual session conducted over an augmented conference call - [ [[ConferenceCall_2014_01_16|slides]] ]  
  
* 0. Opening and overall vision and structure of this year's OntologySummit (General Co-chairs) - [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] [10 min.]  
+
* 0. Opening and overall vision and structure of this year's [[OntologySummit|Ontology Summit]] (General Co-chairs) - [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] [10 min.]  
 
* 1. Aspirations for this Summit - remarks from the leadership of our co-organizers [5 min. each]  
 
* 1. Aspirations for this Summit - remarks from the leadership of our co-organizers [5 min. each]  
** GeorgeStrawn ([[NCO_NITRD]]), RamSriram ([[NIST]]), [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] ([[IAOA]]), MarkMusen ([[NCBO]]), BarrySmith ([[NCOR]]), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] ([[ONTOLOG]])  
+
** [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] ([[NCO_NITRD]]), [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]] ([[NIST]]), [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] ([[IAOA]]), Mark Musen ([[NCBO]]), [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] ([[NCOR]]), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] ([[ONTOLOG]])  
 
* 2. Introducing the Structure of the Summit Discourse by the track champions [5 min. ea.]  
 
* 2. Introducing the Structure of the Summit Discourse by the track champions [5 min. ea.]  
** Track A: Common Reusable Semantic Content - Co-Champions: MikeBennett, AndreaWesterinen, [[GaryBergCross]]  
+
** Track A: Common Reusable Semantic Content - Co-Champions: [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], [[AndreaWesterinen|Andrea Westerinen]], [[GaryBergCross]]  
** Track B: Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques - Co-Champions: ChristophLange, AlanRector, ...  
+
** Track B: Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques - Co-Champions: [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]], [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], ...  
** Track C: Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks - Co-Champions: KrzysztofJanowicz, PascalHitzler, MatthewWest  
+
** Track C: Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks - Co-Champions: [[KrzysztofJanowicz|Krzysztof Janowicz]], [[PascalHitzler|Pascal Hitzler]], [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]]
** Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - Co-Champions: KenBaclawski, ...  
+
** Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - Co-Champions: [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], ...  
 
* 3. Introducing additional aspects of the Summit program by their track champions [5 min. ea.]  
 
* 3. Introducing additional aspects of the Summit program by their track champions [5 min. ea.]  
** Track E: Hackathon (and related activities) - Co-Champions: DanBrickley, AnatolyLevenchuk, ... (KenBaclawski)  
+
** Track E: Hackathon (and related activities) - Co-Champions: [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]], [[AnatolyLevenchuk|Anatoly Levenchuk]], ... (KenBaclawski)  
** Track F: Communique and Publications - Lead-Editors: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] ; Co-champions: ToddSchneider, FrancescaQuattri  
+
** Track F: Communique and Publications - Lead-Editors: [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] ; Co-champions: [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]
** Track G: Community Resources (Library, Data Collection, Ontology Repository, etc.) - Co-champions: AmandaVizedom, OliverKutz  
+
** Track G: Community Resources (Library, Data Collection, Ontology Repository, etc.) - Co-champions: [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]], [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]]
 
* 4. Introducing the process, logistics and other support the team champions:  
 
* 4. Introducing the process, logistics and other support the team champions:  
** Team R: Public Relations (includes Sponsor Relations & Website Development) - Co-champions: ..., MarcelaVegetti, (MatthewWest)  
+
** Team R: Public Relations (includes Sponsor Relations & Website Development) - Co-champions: ..., [[MarcelaVegetti|Marcela Vegetti]], (MatthewWest)  
** Team M: Program management (includes operations, logistics, production) - Co-champions: Mr. PeterYim, ...  
+
** Team M: Program management (includes operations, logistics, production) - Co-champions: Mr. [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ...  
* 5. Symposium overview and vision from the Symposium Co-chairs - Dr. RamSriram & Professor TimFinin  [5 min.]  
+
* 5. Symposium overview and vision from the Symposium Co-chairs - Dr. [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]] & Professor [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]] [5 min.]  
 
* 6. Q & A and open discussion on what the community wants to achieve in this Summit [All: 20~30 min.] -- please refer to [[ConferenceCall_2014_01_16|process above]]   
 
* 6. Q & A and open discussion on what the community wants to achieve in this Summit [All: 20~30 min.] -- please refer to [[ConferenceCall_2014_01_16|process above]]   
 
* 7. Conclusion / Follow-up / Announcements - (co-chairs) [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] / [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  [3 min.]  
 
* 7. Conclusion / Follow-up / Announcements - (co-chairs) [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] / [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]  [3 min.]  
Line 98: Line 98:
 
------  
 
------  
  
[8:54] PeterYim: Welcome to the  
+
[8:54] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Welcome to the  
  
''' OntologySummit2014 Launch Event - Thu 2014-01-16 '''  
+
''' [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] Launch Event - Thu 2014-01-16 '''  
  
Summit Theme: OntologySummit2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"    (427U)  
+
Summit Theme: [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]]: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"    (427U)  
  
 
Summit General Co-chairs: Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]  
 
Summit General Co-chairs: Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]  
  
Symposium Co-chairs - Dr. RamSriram & Professor TimFinin  
+
Symposium Co-chairs - Dr. [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]] & Professor [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]]
  
Opening remarks from the leadership of the OntologySummit co-organizers:  
+
Opening remarks from the leadership of the [[OntologySummit|Ontology Summit]] co-organizers:  
  
* NCO_NITRD - Dr. GeorgeStrawn
+
* NCO_NITRD - Dr. [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]]
  
* NIST - Dr. RamSriram
+
* NIST - Dr. [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]]
  
* IAOA - Professor MichaelGruninger
+
* IAOA - Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]
  
* NCBO - Professor MarkMusen
+
* NCBO - Professor Mark Musen
  
* NCOR - Professor BarrySmith
+
* NCOR - Professor [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]]
  
 
* ONTOLOG - Mr. [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
* ONTOLOG - Mr. [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
  
Introducing our Champions and the OntologySummit2014 program:  
+
Introducing our Champions and the [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] program:  
  
* Track A: Common Reusable Semantic Content - Co-Champions: Mr. MikeBennett, Ms. AndreaWesterinen, Dr. [[GaryBergCross]]
+
* Track A: Common Reusable Semantic Content - Co-Champions: Mr. [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], Ms. [[AndreaWesterinen|Andrea Westerinen]], Dr. [[GaryBergCross]]
  
* Track B: Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques - Co-Champions: Dr. ChristophLange, Professor AlanRector, ...  
+
* Track B: Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques - Co-Champions: Dr. [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]], Professor [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]], ...  
  
* Track C: Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks - Co-Champions: Professor KrzysztofJanowicz, Professor PascalHitzler, Dr. MatthewWest    (43T3)
+
* Track C: Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks - Co-Champions: Professor [[KrzysztofJanowicz|Krzysztof Janowicz]], Professor [[PascalHitzler|Pascal Hitzler]], Dr. [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]]     (43T3)
  
* Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - Co-Champions: Professor KenBaclawski, ...  
+
* Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - Co-Champions: Professor [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], ...  
  
* Track E: Hackathon (and related activities) - Co-Champions: Mr. DanBrickley, Mr. AnatolyLevenchuk, ..., (Professor KenBaclawski)
+
* Track E: Hackathon (and related activities) - Co-Champions: Mr. [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]], Mr. [[AnatolyLevenchuk|Anatoly Levenchuk]], ..., (Professor KenBaclawski)
  
* Track F: Communique and Publications - Lead-Editors: Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. LeoObrst; Co-champions: Dr. ToddSchneider, Ms. FrancescaQuattri
+
* Track F: Communique and Publications - Lead-Editors: Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]; Co-champions: Dr. [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]], Ms. [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]
  
* Track G: Community Resources (Library, Data Collection, Ontology Repository, etc.) - Co-champions: Dr. AmandaVizedom, Dr. OliverKutz  
+
* Track G: Community Resources (Library, Data Collection, Ontology Repository, etc.) - Co-champions: Dr. [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]], Dr. [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]]
  
* Team R: Public Relations (includes Sponsor Relations & Website Development) - Co-champions: ___, Professor MarcelaVegetti, ..., (Dr. MatthewWest)
+
* Team R: Public Relations (includes Sponsor Relations & Website Development) - Co-champions: ___, Professor [[MarcelaVegetti|Marcela Vegetti]], ..., (Dr. MatthewWest)
  
* Team M: Program management (includes operations, logistics, production) - Co-champions: Mr. PeterYim, ...  
+
* Team M: Program management (includes operations, logistics, production) - Co-champions: Mr. [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]], ...  
  
 
Logistics:  
 
Logistics:  
Line 168: Line 168:
 
*** for Linux Skype users: if the dialpad button is not shown in the call window you need to press the "d" hotkey to enable it  
 
*** for Linux Skype users: if the dialpad button is not shown in the call window you need to press the "d" hotkey to enable it  
  
Attendees: AdamShepherd, AleksandraSojic, AmandaVizedom, AnatolyLevenchuk, AndreaWesterinen,  
+
Attendees: [[AdamShepherd|Adam Shepherd]], [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]], [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]], [[AnatolyLevenchuk|Anatoly Levenchuk]], [[AndreaWesterinen|Andrea Westerinen]],  
  
AnneThessen, BarrySmith, BiplabSarker, BobbinTeegarden, BruceSpencer, CarmenChui, ChristineKapp,  
+
[[AnneThessen|Anne Thessen]], [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]], [[BiplabSarker|Biplab Sarker]], [[BobbinTeegarden|Bobbin Teegarden]], [[BruceSpencer|Bruce Spencer]], [[CarmenChui|Carmen Chui]], [[ChristineKapp|Christine Kapp]],  
  
ChristophLange, DanCarey, DanGant, [[DanMcShan]], DanBrickley, [[DanielMcShan]], DennisWisnosky,  
+
[[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]], [[DanCarey|Dan Carey]], DanGant, [[DanMcShan]], [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]], [[DanielMcShan]], [[DennisWisnosky|Dennis Wisnosky]],  
  
DennisPierson, EarlGlynn, EdBernot, [[ElieAbiLahoud]], Emanuele, EricStephan, FabianNeuhaus,  
+
[[DennisPierson|Dennis Pierson]], [[EarlGlynn|Earl Glynn]], [[EdBernot|Ed Bernot]], [[ElieAbiLahoud]], Emanuele, [[EricStephan|Eric Stephan]], [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]],  
  
FranLightsom, FrancescaQuattri, FrankOlken, FrankLoebe, [[GaryBergCross]], HaroldBoley, JensOrtmann,  
+
[[FranLightsom|Fran Lightsom]], [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]], [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]], [[FrankLoebe|Frank Loebe]], [[GaryBergCross]], [[HaroldBoley|Harold Boley]], [[JensOrtmann|Jens Ortmann]],  
  
JoelSachs, JoelBender, JohnYanosy, [[JohnMcClure]], JonathanBona, [[JuanGomezRomero]], JulienCorman,  
+
[[JoelSachs|Joel Sachs]], [[JoelBender|Joel Bender]], [[JohnYanosy|John Yanosy]], [[JohnMcClure]], [[JonathanBona|Jonathan Bona]], [[JuanGomezRomero]], [[JulienCorman|Julien Corman]],  
  
KenAllgood, KenBaclawski, KrzysztofJanowicz, LamarHenderson, LeoObrst, LesMorgan, LianaKiff,  
+
[[KenAllgood|Ken Allgood]], [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], [[KrzysztofJanowicz|Krzysztof Janowicz]], [[LamarHenderson|Lamar Henderson]], [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]], [[LesMorgan|Les Morgan]], [[LianaKiff|Liana Kiff]],  
  
LynneBaer, MarciaZeng, MarwanGhabin, MatthewWest, MatthewLange, MeganKatsumi, MichaelGruninger,  
+
LynneBaer, [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]], [[MarwanGhabin|Marwan Ghabin]], [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]], [[MatthewLange|Matthew Lange]], [[MeganKatsumi|Megan Katsumi]], [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]],  
  
MichaelRiben, MikeBennett, MikeDean, NatalieMeyers, OliverKutz, PavithraKenjige, PeterYim,  
+
[[MichaelRiben|Michael Riben]], [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]], [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]], [[NatalieMeyers|Natalie Meyers]], [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]], [[PavithraKenjige|Pavithra Kenjige]], [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]],  
  
QuentinReul, RamSriram, RexBrooks, Rishi, [[RobinMcEntire]], ScottHills, SergeMaslyukov, SiewLam,  
+
QuentinReul, [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]], [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]], Rishi, [[RobinMcEntire]], [[ScottHills|Scott Hills]], SergeMaslyukov, [[SiewLam|Siew Lam]],  
  
SimonSpero, SimonaCarini, SteveRay, Sub, SundayOjo,TerryLongstreth, TimFinin, ToddSchneider,  
+
[[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]], [[SimonaCarini|Simona Carini]], [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]], Sub, [[SundayOjo|Sunday Ojo]],TerryLongstreth, [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]], [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]],  
  
TomTinsley, TonySeale, VeruskaZamborlini, VictorAgroskin, Zhili, anonymous, uams-dbmi, wtm,  
+
[[TomTinsley|Tom Tinsley]], TonySeale, [[VeruskaZamborlini|Veruska Zamborlini]], [[VictorAgroskin|Victor Agroskin]], Zhili, anonymous, uams-dbmi, wtm,  
  
 
''' proceedings '''  
 
''' proceedings '''  
  
[9:18] anonymous1 morphed into MarciaZeng  
+
[9:18] anonymous1 morphed into [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]]
  
[9:19] PeterYim: Hello Marcia ... thanks for joining us today  
+
[9:19] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Hello Marcia ... thanks for joining us today  
  
[9:20] KrzysztofJanowicz: Hi  
+
[9:20] [[KrzysztofJanowicz|Krzysztof Janowicz]]: Hi  
  
 
[9:20] anonymous1 morphed into [[DanMcShan]]  
 
[9:20] anonymous1 morphed into [[DanMcShan]]  
  
[9:21] EdBernot: Good day!  
+
[9:21] [[EdBernot|Ed Bernot]]: Good day!  
  
[9:25] anonymous1 morphed into AnneThessen  
+
[9:25] anonymous1 morphed into [[AnneThessen|Anne Thessen]]
  
[9:26] anonymous2 morphed into CarmenChui  
+
[9:26] anonymous2 morphed into [[CarmenChui|Carmen Chui]]
  
[9:26] anonymous1 morphed into VeruskaZamborlini  
+
[9:26] anonymous1 morphed into [[VeruskaZamborlini|Veruska Zamborlini]]
  
[9:27] anonymous1 morphed into SundayOjo  
+
[9:27] anonymous1 morphed into [[SundayOjo|Sunday Ojo]]
  
[9:29] SundayOjo: I am Prof Sunday Ojo, Executive Dean of faculty of ICT, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa  
+
[9:29] [[SundayOjo|Sunday Ojo]]: I am Prof Sunday Ojo, Executive Dean of faculty of ICT, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa  
  
[9:30] JensOrtmann: Hello  
+
[9:30] [[JensOrtmann|Jens Ortmann]]: Hello  
  
[9:30] anonymous4 morphed into ChristineKapp  
+
[9:30] anonymous4 morphed into [[ChristineKapp|Christine Kapp]]
  
[9:30] anonymous4 morphed into LamarHenderson  
+
[9:30] anonymous4 morphed into [[LamarHenderson|Lamar Henderson]]
  
[9:30] anonymous3 morphed into LesMorgan  
+
[9:30] anonymous3 morphed into [[LesMorgan|Les Morgan]]
  
[9:30] anonymous2 morphed into JoelSachs  
+
[9:30] anonymous2 morphed into [[JoelSachs|Joel Sachs]]
  
[9:31] anonymous6 morphed into LianaKiff  
+
[9:31] anonymous6 morphed into [[LianaKiff|Liana Kiff]]
  
[9:31] AmandaVizedom: Folks on the call: if you aren't actively talking, it would help if you would  
+
[9:31] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: Folks on the call: if you aren't actively talking, it would help if you would  
  
 
mute yourself locally. We're getting lots of background sounds.  
 
mute yourself locally. We're getting lots of background sounds.  
Line 232: Line 232:
 
[9:31] anonymous5 morphed into DanGant  
 
[9:31] anonymous5 morphed into DanGant  
  
[9:31] JoelSachs: shouldn't have happened. messages out of order.  
+
[9:31] [[JoelSachs|Joel Sachs]]: shouldn't have happened. messages out of order.  
  
[9:31] anonymous1 morphed into JohnYanosy  
+
[9:31] anonymous1 morphed into [[JohnYanosy|John Yanosy]]
  
[9:31] Matthew West morphed into MatthewWest  
+
[9:31] Matthew West morphed into [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]]
  
 
[9:32] [[DanMcShan]] morphed into [[DanielMcShan]]  
 
[9:32] [[DanMcShan]] morphed into [[DanielMcShan]]  
  
[9:32] anonymous3 morphed into BobbinTeegarden  
+
[9:32] anonymous3 morphed into [[BobbinTeegarden|Bobbin Teegarden]]
  
 
[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into [[GaryBergCross]]  
 
[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into [[GaryBergCross]]  
  
[9:32] MikeBennett: I have to leave at 2pm Eastern US Time FYI.  
+
[9:32] [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]: I have to leave at 2pm Eastern US Time FYI.  
  
[9:32] anonymous2 morphed into AdamShepherd  
+
[9:32] anonymous2 morphed into [[AdamShepherd|Adam Shepherd]]
  
[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into BruceSpencer  
+
[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into [[BruceSpencer|Bruce Spencer]]
  
[9:32] anonymous4 morphed into SimonaCarini  
+
[9:32] anonymous4 morphed into [[SimonaCarini|Simona Carini]]
  
[9:32] anonymous2 morphed into EarlGlynn  
+
[9:32] anonymous2 morphed into [[EarlGlynn|Earl Glynn]]
  
 
[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into [[RobinMcEntire]]  
 
[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into [[RobinMcEntire]]  
  
[9:33] anonymous1 morphed into EricStephan  
+
[9:33] anonymous1 morphed into [[EricStephan|Eric Stephan]]
  
 
[9:34] anonymous2 morphed into [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
 
[9:34] anonymous2 morphed into [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]]  
  
[9:35] anonymous3 morphed into MichaelRiben  
+
[9:35] anonymous3 morphed into [[MichaelRiben|Michael Riben]]
  
[9:35] anonymous4 morphed into FrancescaQuattri  
+
[9:35] anonymous4 morphed into [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]
  
[9:35] anonymous2 morphed into JulienCorman  
+
[9:35] anonymous2 morphed into [[JulienCorman|Julien Corman]]
  
 
[9:35] anonymous1 morphed into uams-dbmi  
 
[9:35] anonymous1 morphed into uams-dbmi  
Line 274: Line 274:
 
[9:36] anonymous3 morphed into SergeMaslyukov  
 
[9:36] anonymous3 morphed into SergeMaslyukov  
  
[9:36] anonymous1 morphed into SimonSpero  
+
[9:36] anonymous1 morphed into [[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]]
  
[9:36] anonymous1 morphed into FabianNeuhaus  
+
[9:36] anonymous1 morphed into [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]
  
[9:34] PeterYim: == Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] starts the session ...  
+
[9:34] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == Professor [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] & Dr. [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] starts the session ...  
  
[9:36] PeterYim: Dr. [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] presenting an overview of the Summit and agenda of this session see  
+
[9:36] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Dr. [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] presenting an overview of the Summit and agenda of this session see  
  
 
slides at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2014_01_16#nid43TE  
 
slides at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2014_01_16#nid43TE  
Line 286: Line 286:
 
[9:36] anonymous2 morphed into [[ElieAbiLahoud]]  
 
[9:36] anonymous2 morphed into [[ElieAbiLahoud]]  
  
[9:37] anonymous1 morphed into DanBrickley  
+
[9:37] anonymous1 morphed into [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]
  
[9:37] anonymous1 morphed into DennisPierson  
+
[9:37] anonymous1 morphed into [[DennisPierson|Dennis Pierson]]
  
 
[9:37] anonymous2 morphed into Emanuele  
 
[9:37] anonymous2 morphed into Emanuele  
  
[9:38] anonymous1 morphed into DennisWisnosky  
+
[9:38] anonymous1 morphed into [[DennisWisnosky|Dennis Wisnosky]]
  
[9:40] anonymous1 morphed into MeganKatsumi  
+
[9:40] anonymous1 morphed into [[MeganKatsumi|Megan Katsumi]]
  
 
[9:42] anonymous morphed into Rishi  
 
[9:42] anonymous morphed into Rishi  
Line 302: Line 302:
 
[9:43] anonymous morphed into LynneBaer  
 
[9:43] anonymous morphed into LynneBaer  
  
[9:44] DennisPierson morphed into DennisPierson  
+
[9:44] [[DennisPierson|Dennis Pierson]] morphed into [[DennisPierson|Dennis Pierson]]
  
[9:44] anonymous3 morphed into DanCarey  
+
[9:44] anonymous3 morphed into [[DanCarey|Dan Carey]]
  
[9:47] PeterYim: == Remarks from the leadership of our co-organizers ...  
+
[9:47] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == Remarks from the leadership of our co-organizers ...  
  
[9:49] PeterYim: briefs from GeorgeStrawn (NCO_NITRD), RamSriram (NIST), [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] (IAOA),  
+
[9:49] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: briefs from [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] (NCO_NITRD), [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]] (NIST), [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] (IAOA),  
  
MarkMusen (NCBO), BarrySmith (NCOR), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (ONTOLOG) [9:50] anonymous morphed into MatthewLange  
+
Mark Musen (NCBO), [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] (NCOR), [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (ONTOLOG) [9:50] anonymous morphed into [[MatthewLange|Matthew Lange]]
  
[9:56] anonymous morphed into TimFinin  
+
[9:56] anonymous morphed into [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]]
  
[10:01] anonymous morphed into BarrySmith  
+
[10:01] anonymous morphed into [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]]
  
[9:59] DennisWisnosky: How many members are in IAOA?  
+
[9:59] [[DennisWisnosky|Dennis Wisnosky]]: How many members are in IAOA?  
  
[10:02] FrankLoebe: @DennisWisnosky: Hi, it's ca. 150 members usually, often extending in years of  
+
[10:02] [[FrankLoebe|Frank Loebe]]: @DennisWisnosky: Hi, it's ca. 150 members usually, often extending in years of  
  
 
IAOA's flagship conference FOIS to more than 200  
 
IAOA's flagship conference FOIS to more than 200  
  
[10:07] anonymous morphed into NatalieMeyers  
+
[10:07] anonymous morphed into [[NatalieMeyers|Natalie Meyers]]
  
[10:08] anonymous morphed into KenAllgood  
+
[10:08] anonymous morphed into [[KenAllgood|Ken Allgood]]
  
[10:19] anonymous morphed into PavithraKenjige  
+
[10:19] anonymous morphed into [[PavithraKenjige|Pavithra Kenjige]]
  
[10:23] PeterYim: == Introducing the Champions and the OntologySummit2014 program ...  
+
[10:23] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: == Introducing the Champions and the [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] program ...  
  
[10:23] anonymous morphed into LianaKiff  
+
[10:23] anonymous morphed into [[LianaKiff|Liana Kiff]]
  
 
[10:30] Juan Gomez-Romero morphed into [[JuanGomezRomero]]  
 
[10:30] Juan Gomez-Romero morphed into [[JuanGomezRomero]]  
Line 336: Line 336:
 
[10:36] [[GaryBergCross]]: Note, for the 2nd session of track A Content Reuse, John Sowa has agreed to be a speaker.  
 
[10:36] [[GaryBergCross]]: Note, for the 2nd session of track A Content Reuse, John Sowa has agreed to be a speaker.  
  
[10:36] MikeBennett: @Gary great!  
+
[10:36] [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]: @Gary great!  
  
 
[10:37] [[GaryBergCross]]: On the site the Track A references have links to pages and documents.  
 
[10:37] [[GaryBergCross]]: On the site the Track A references have links to pages and documents.  
  
[10:36] anonymous morphed into LamarHenderson  
+
[10:36] anonymous morphed into [[LamarHenderson|Lamar Henderson]]
  
[10:36] DanBrickley: does anyone have VNC working on OSX?  
+
[10:36] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: does anyone have VNC working on OSX?  
  
[10:47] PeterYim: @DanBrickley ... yes, I have vnc working on my Macbook Air ... I have been  
+
[10:47] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @DanBrickley ... yes, I have vnc working on my Macbook Air ... I have been  
  
 
successfully using "Chicken of the VNC (cotvnc)" as my vnc client there (  
 
successfully using "Chicken of the VNC (cotvnc)" as my vnc client there (  
Line 352: Line 352:
 
http://community.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CweAdmin/CollaborationToolSupport#nidAR3  
 
http://community.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CweAdmin/CollaborationToolSupport#nidAR3  
  
[10:48] PeterYim: @DanBrickley ... your problem (with vnc) may be in your corporate firewall and not the viewer, though  
+
[10:48] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @DanBrickley ... your problem (with vnc) may be in your corporate firewall and not the viewer, though  
  
[10:49] DanBrickley: I'm on home ISP. Can discuss later :)  
+
[10:49] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: I'm on home ISP. Can discuss later :)  
  
[10:48] DanBrickley: thanks PeterYim. For today I'll present slides without seeing what you see.  
+
[10:48] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: thanks PeterYim. For today I'll present slides without seeing what you see.  
  
[10:49] PeterYim: that's perfectly fine ... vnc shared-screen is strictly optional (helps make sure  
+
[10:49] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: that's perfectly fine ... vnc shared-screen is strictly optional (helps make sure  
  
 
you prompt slide advances, though)  
 
you prompt slide advances, though)  
  
[10:41] FabianNeuhaus-1 morphed into FabianNeuhaus  
+
[10:41] FabianNeuhaus-1 morphed into [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]
  
[10:42] anonymous1 morphed into SiewLam  
+
[10:42] anonymous1 morphed into [[SiewLam|Siew Lam]]
  
[10:42] TimFinin: Here's a question I think we must address: Many big data applications require or  
+
[10:42] [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]]: Here's a question I think we must address: Many big data applications require or  
  
 
invite statistical and probabilistic models and reasoning. How can/will be address this?  
 
invite statistical and probabilistic models and reasoning. How can/will be address this?  
  
[10:50] AmandaVizedom: @Tim, I agree; many are pursuing statistical *or* ontological reasoning  
+
[10:50] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: @Tim, I agree; many are pursuing statistical *or* ontological reasoning  
  
 
approaches, but few are pursuing the hybrid approaches that seem to have so much potential. The  
 
approaches, but few are pursuing the hybrid approaches that seem to have so much potential. The  
Line 378: Line 378:
 
know to what extent they have worked with Big Data problems.  
 
know to what extent they have worked with Big Data problems.  
  
[10:54] PeterYim: @TimFinin ... I trust KenBaclawski, (one of) our Track D co-champion(s), should  
+
[10:54] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @TimFinin ... I trust [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]], (one of) our Track D co-champion(s), should  
  
 
have a lot (knowledge and connections) to bring to the table in those aspects  
 
have a lot (knowledge and connections) to bring to the table in those aspects  
  
[11:28] KenBaclawski: @TimFinin: Regarding your earlier questions, these issues would fit in Track D.  
+
[11:28] [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]: @TimFinin: Regarding your earlier questions, these issues would fit in Track D.  
  
 
I have examined these issues in the past, and it would be good to try dealing with them in the context of Big Data.  
 
I have examined these issues in the past, and it would be good to try dealing with them in the context of Big Data.  
  
[10:48] TimFinin: Another problem that axioms can introduce is producing inconsistencies ...  
+
[10:48] [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]]: Another problem that axioms can introduce is producing inconsistencies ...  
  
[10:49] DanBrickley: (re global constraints, - yes that's why schema.org property/type associations  
+
[10:49] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: (re global constraints, - yes that's why schema.org property/type associations  
  
 
don't use rdfs:domain + rdfs:range)  
 
don't use rdfs:domain + rdfs:range)  
Line 396: Line 396:
 
implmentation) and re-use difficult  
 
implmentation) and re-use difficult  
  
[10:50] MikeBennett: @Quentin good point, perhaps we can draw this point out in the Track A  
+
[10:50] [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]: @Quentin good point, perhaps we can draw this point out in the Track A  
  
 
conversations?  
 
conversations?  
Line 404: Line 404:
 
[10:53] QuentinReul: DL is one potential issue, but deep biding to philosophical entities (e.g. DOLCE) is another one  
 
[10:53] QuentinReul: DL is one potential issue, but deep biding to philosophical entities (e.g. DOLCE) is another one  
  
[10:55] MikeBennett: @Quentin quite so. What is most appropriate for an ontology for a given  
+
[10:55] [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]: @Quentin quite so. What is most appropriate for an ontology for a given  
  
 
application may work for or against its re-use by someone in another application. Likewise the  
 
application may work for or against its re-use by someone in another application. Likewise the  
Line 412: Line 412:
 
partitions / theories.  
 
partitions / theories.  
  
[10:55] AnatolyLevenchuk: @Tim, Amanda: it can be good to know about "hybrid" methods. E.g. usual  
+
[10:55] [[AnatolyLevenchuk|Anatoly Levenchuk]]: @Tim, Amanda: it can be good to know about "hybrid" methods. E.g. usual  
  
 
statistical data is in arrays/tables. How we can help with triples and ontologies?! Or we have deep  
 
statistical data is in arrays/tables. How we can help with triples and ontologies?! Or we have deep  
Line 424: Line 424:
 
guidelines on tools / mechanisms to dissiminate the model and thus increase re-use  
 
guidelines on tools / mechanisms to dissiminate the model and thus increase re-use  
  
[10:59] MikeBennett: @Quentin I have not. We should look into this as part of our deliberations.  
+
[10:59] [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]: @Quentin I have not. We should look into this as part of our deliberations.  
  
[10:59] MikeBennett: Apologies, have to drop off now.  
+
[10:59] [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]: Apologies, have to drop off now.  
  
 
[11:00] QuentinReul: I also have to drop off  
 
[11:00] QuentinReul: I also have to drop off  
  
[11:01] EdBernot: Sorry, I too have to drop off. Great session, thanks!  
+
[11:01] [[EdBernot|Ed Bernot]]: Sorry, I too have to drop off. Great session, thanks!  
  
 
[11:00] anonymous morphed into Sub  
 
[11:00] anonymous morphed into Sub  
  
[11:05] DanBrickley: [referring to Dan's own Track E presentation] shortest talk yet?  
+
[11:05] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: [referring to Dan's own Track E presentation] shortest talk yet?  
  
[11:05] DanBrickley: I was tempted to give a Google perspective, but will do that later, with  
+
[11:05] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: I was tempted to give a Google perspective, but will do that later, with  
  
 
datasets / APIs and other materials.  
 
datasets / APIs and other materials.  
  
[11:05] AmandaVizedom: @Dan, you must have lightening talk experience. :-)  
+
[11:05] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: @Dan, you must have lightening talk experience. :-)  
  
[11:08] DanBrickley: We used to do a lot of lightning talk sessions at W3C in the RDF Interest Group, yes :)  
+
[11:08] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: We used to do a lot of lightning talk sessions at W3C in the RDF Interest Group, yes :)  
  
[11:10] AmandaVizedom: [amused by my own typo. perhaps "lightening" is some mix of "lightning" and "enlightening." ;-)]  
+
[11:10] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: [amused by my own typo. perhaps "lightening" is some mix of "lightning" and "enlightening." ;-)]  
  
[11:07] MarciaZeng: @DanBrickley: What will be Schema.org's role in relation to this Summit's theme?  
+
[11:07] [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]]: @DanBrickley: What will be Schema.org's role in relation to this Summit's theme?  
  
[11:10] DanBrickley: Re schema.org, I'll put together some materials. It is a little difficult for  
+
[11:10] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: Re schema.org, I'll put together some materials. It is a little difficult for  
  
 
teams who don't have a complete Web crawl since the data is scattered over 5+ million sites, but  
 
teams who don't have a complete Web crawl since the data is scattered over 5+ million sites, but  
Line 454: Line 454:
 
there are some possibilities. It might be particularly interesting for the 'variety' problem.  
 
there are some possibilities. It might be particularly interesting for the 'variety' problem.  
  
[11:11] DanBrickley: Do you think this could be useful? here is a Google custom search -  
+
[11:11] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: Do you think this could be useful? here is a Google custom search -  
  
 
https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=003736913799082383568:8pkugzvixsw - over (200 or so) sites  
 
https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=003736913799082383568:8pkugzvixsw - over (200 or so) sites  
Line 460: Line 460:
 
that use the type http://schema.org/Museum  
 
that use the type http://schema.org/Museum  
  
[11:11] MarciaZeng: @Dan, thanks for the answer.  
+
[11:11] [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]]: @Dan, thanks for the answer.  
  
[11:11] DanBrickley: (Easy to make such engines for any schema.org type)  
+
[11:11] [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]: (Easy to make such engines for any schema.org type)  
  
[11:13] MarciaZeng: @Dan, I think it is useful. A way to 'filter in' first.  
+
[11:13] [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]]: @Dan, I think it is useful. A way to 'filter in' first.  
  
[11:15] MarciaZeng: @Dan, we found Google Image kind of search very useful for cultural heritage  
+
[11:15] [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]]: @Dan, we found Google Image kind of search very useful for cultural heritage  
  
 
related sources. That is a kind of typed search.  
 
related sources. That is a kind of typed search.  
  
[11:14] MichaelGruninger: @QuentinReul: I didn't quite get your point -- are you saying that axioms  
+
[11:14] [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]]: @QuentinReul: I didn't quite get your point -- are you saying that axioms  
  
 
make reuse difficult?!  
 
make reuse difficult?!  
  
[11:14] EricStephan: Thank you! Sorry I have to drop off early.  
+
[11:14] [[EricStephan|Eric Stephan]]: Thank you! Sorry I have to drop off early.  
  
[11:16] LeoObrst: @All: we are looking for additional co-champions for some of the tracks, including  
+
[11:16] [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]: @All: we are looking for additional co-champions for some of the tracks, including  
  
 
Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data, Team R: Public Relations, and Team M: Program  
 
Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data, Team R: Public Relations, and Team M: Program  
Line 484: Line 484:
 
have greater input into this Ontology Summit.  
 
have greater input into this Ontology Summit.  
  
[11:17] OliverKutz: trying  
+
[11:17] [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]]: trying  
  
[11:20] MarciaZeng: Have to drop off now. Thanks a lot!  
+
[11:20] [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]]: Have to drop off now. Thanks a lot!  
  
[11:25] TimFinin: I think an OntologySummit Facebook group or page would be a good way to get  
+
[11:25] [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]]: I think an [[OntologySummit|Ontology Summit]] Facebook group or page would be a good way to get  
  
 
announcements and reminders to the participants and wider community  
 
announcements and reminders to the participants and wider community  
  
[11:28] SimonSpero: @PeterYim: I can help on getting the semantic wiki instance going  
+
[11:28] [[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]]: @PeterYim: I can help on getting the semantic wiki instance going  
  
[--:--] PeterYim: (responded later on email) great, Simon! come to our organizing committee meeting  
+
[--:--] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: (responded later on email) great, Simon! come to our organizing committee meeting  
  
 
tomorrow, so we can talk more about it  
 
tomorrow, so we can talk more about it  
  
[11:28] AmandaVizedom: Tweeting has begun using #ontologysummit2014  
+
[11:28] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: Tweeting has begun using #ontologysummit2014  
  
[11:29] RamSriram: I need to leave right now. TimFinin will be giving the Symposium Co-chair  
+
[11:29] [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]]: I need to leave right now. [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]] will be giving the Symposium Co-chair  
  
 
remarks.  
 
remarks.  
  
[11:30] AmandaVizedom: I have also started using the #ontologysummit2014 hashtag on Google+, though  
+
[11:30] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: I have also started using the #ontologysummit2014 hashtag on Google+, though  
  
 
I may be the only one so far.  
 
I may be the only one so far.  
  
[11:31] ChristineKapp: Thank you Peter I have emailed you a question about Program Management and  
+
[11:31] [[ChristineKapp|Christine Kapp]]: Thank you Peter I have emailed you a question about Program Management and  
  
 
administrivia - I need to drop now thank you very much  
 
administrivia - I need to drop now thank you very much  
  
[--:--] PeterYim: (responded later on email) great, Christi! come to our organizing committee  
+
[--:--] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: (responded later on email) great, Christi! come to our organizing committee  
  
 
meeting tomorrow, so we can talk more about it  
 
meeting tomorrow, so we can talk more about it  
  
[11:33] TimFinin: The #ontologysummit2014 tag uses up 1/2 a tweet! How about something shorter, e.g. #ontosum  
+
[11:33] [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]]: The #ontologysummit2014 tag uses up 1/2 a tweet! How about something shorter, e.g. #ontosum  
  
[11:35] AmandaVizedom: @Tim, indeed, I have been saying so for a couple of years, to no consensus.  
+
[11:35] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: @Tim, indeed, I have been saying so for a couple of years, to no consensus.  
  
 
Perhaps we can make that suggestion and try to get sufficient agreement via the mailing list.  
 
Perhaps we can make that suggestion and try to get sufficient agreement via the mailing list.  
  
[11:39] FrankLoebe: @Amanda: You may consider a vote on the hashtag within this chatroom, for  
+
[11:39] [[FrankLoebe|Frank Loebe]]: @Amanda: You may consider a vote on the hashtag within this chatroom, for  
  
 
immediate feedback from the current audience. But perhaps this does not include everyone intended.  
 
immediate feedback from the current audience. But perhaps this does not include everyone intended.  
  
[11:40] AmandaVizedom: @Frank, not a bad idea. I'd say that would be in the domain of the PR team. Peter?  
+
[11:40] [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]: @Frank, not a bad idea. I'd say that would be in the domain of the PR team. Peter?  
  
[11:39] LesMorgan: Does the project have a Google+ presence? Many tech folk would follow it there.  
+
[11:39] [[LesMorgan|Les Morgan]]: Does the project have a Google+ presence? Many tech folk would follow it there.  
  
[11:40] LesMorgan: I already circulated an item about the Summit there and got a few nibbles.  
+
[11:40] [[LesMorgan|Les Morgan]]: I already circulated an item about the Summit there and got a few nibbles.  
  
[11:40] PeterYim: ALL: if you are not subscribed to the [ontology-summit] mailing list yet, please  
+
[11:40] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: ALL: if you are not subscribed to the [ontology-summit] mailing list yet, please  
  
 
do so - http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontology-summit ( or drop me a line - peter.yim [at] cim3.com )  
 
do so - http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontology-summit ( or drop me a line - peter.yim [at] cim3.com )  
  
[11:40] PavithraKenjige: I can volunteer for Big Data  
+
[11:40] [[PavithraKenjige|Pavithra Kenjige]]: I can volunteer for Big Data  
  
[11:40] PavithraKenjige: and for Program management too  
+
[11:40] [[PavithraKenjige|Pavithra Kenjige]]: and for Program management too  
  
[--:--] PeterYim: (response added later) great, Pavithra! come to our organizing committee meeting  
+
[--:--] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: (response added later) great, Pavithra! come to our organizing committee meeting  
  
 
tomorrow, so we can talk more about it  
 
tomorrow, so we can talk more about it  
  
[11:41] PeterYim: Please mark you calendars and reserve this time, every Thursday, for the  
+
[11:41] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Please mark you calendars and reserve this time, every Thursday, for the  
  
OntologySummit2014 virtual panel session series. Session-02 will be up next Thursday- Thu 2014.01.23  
+
[[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] virtual panel session series. Session-02 will be up next Thursday- Thu 2014.01.23  
  
 
(same time) - see developing details at:  
 
(same time) - see developing details at:  
Line 552: Line 552:
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2014_01_23  
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2014_01_23  
  
[11:41] PeterYim: Reminder to those in the organizing committee, and those interested to join, our  
+
[11:41] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Reminder to those in the organizing committee, and those interested to join, our  
  
 
4th meeting is coming up tomorrow - Fri 2014.01.17 - see details at:  
 
4th meeting is coming up tomorrow - Fri 2014.01.17 - see details at:  
Line 558: Line 558:
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014/GettingOrganized#nid43OH  
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014/GettingOrganized#nid43OH  
  
[11:41] MatthewLange: @Leo and @Peter I am interested in helping w PR  
+
[11:41] [[MatthewLange|Matthew Lange]]: @Leo and @Peter I am interested in helping w PR  
  
[11:42] PeterYim: @MatthewLange ... great! ... come to our organizing committee meeting tomorrow,  
+
[11:42] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @MatthewLange ... great! ... come to our organizing committee meeting tomorrow,  
  
 
and we cam talk more about it - details at:  
 
and we cam talk more about it - details at:  
Line 566: Line 566:
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014/GettingOrganized#nid43OH  
 
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014/GettingOrganized#nid43OH  
  
[11:47] MatthewLange: @PeterYim OK--expect me to be late though, that is school drop-off time out  
+
[11:47] [[MatthewLange|Matthew Lange]]: @PeterYim OK--expect me to be late though, that is school drop-off time out  
  
 
here on the left coast  
 
here on the left coast  
  
[11:52] PeterYim: @MatthewLange - not a problem, log into the chat-room, and grab our attention,  
+
[11:52] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: @MatthewLange - not a problem, log into the chat-room, and grab our attention,  
  
 
once you are able to join the call  
 
once you are able to join the call  
  
[11:41] PavithraKenjige: bye  
+
[11:41] [[PavithraKenjige|Pavithra Kenjige]]: bye  
  
[11:41] LeoObrst: Thanks, all!  
+
[11:41] [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]]: Thanks, all!  
  
[11:42] FrancescaQuattri: Thank you All, great presentations!  
+
[11:42] [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]: Thank you All, great presentations!  
  
[11:41] PeterYim: -- session ended: 11:41am PST --  
+
[11:41] [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: -- session ended: 11:41am PST --  
  
 
-- end of in-session chat-transcript --  
 
-- end of in-session chat-transcript --  
Line 594: Line 594:
  
 
* Homepage of '''OntologySummit2014'''  
 
* Homepage of '''OntologySummit2014'''  
** OntologySummit2014 (Pre-Launch) Community Brainstorm Session Proceedings - ConferenceCall_2013_12_05  
+
** [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] (Pre-Launch) Community Brainstorm Session Proceedings - ConferenceCall_2013_12_05  
 
* [ontology-summit] mailing list archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
* [ontology-summit] mailing list archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/  
 
** to subscribe to this discussion list: send a blank message from your subscribing email address to <ontology-summit-join@ontolog.cim3.net> or visit http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontology-summit/ and subscribe yourself there  
 
** to subscribe to this discussion list: send a blank message from your subscribing email address to <ontology-summit-join@ontolog.cim3.net> or visit http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontology-summit/ and subscribe yourself there  
* [http://www.zotero.org/groups/ontologysummit2014 OntologySummit2014 Ontology Summit Community Library] (hosted on Zotero.org) - http://www.zotero.org/groups/ontologysummit2014  
+
* [http://www.zotero.org/groups/ontologysummit2014 [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] Ontology Summit Community Library] (hosted on Zotero.org) - http://www.zotero.org/groups/ontologysummit2014  
* [http://www.ontohub.org/repositories/ontology-summit-2014 OntologySummit2014 Ontology Repository] (hosted on OntoHub) -http://www.ontohub.org/repositories/ontology-summit-2014  
+
* [http://www.ontohub.org/repositories/ontology-summit-2014 [[OntologySummit2014|Ontology Summit 2014]] Ontology Repository] (hosted on OntoHub) -http://www.ontohub.org/repositories/ontology-summit-2014  
 
* Homepage of the Ontology Summits - see: '''OntologySummit'''  
 
* Homepage of the Ontology Summits - see: '''OntologySummit'''  
  
Line 660: Line 660:
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] (co-chair)  
 
** [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Gr&uuml;ninger]] (co-chair)  
 
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] (co-chair)  
 
** [[LeoObrst|Leo Obrst]] (co-chair)  
** RamSriram  
+
** [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]]
** TimFinin  
+
** [[TimFinin|Tim Finin]]
** GeorgeStrawn ''(in absentia)''  
+
** [[GeorgeStrawn|George Strawn]] ''(in absentia)''  
** RamSriram  
+
** [[RamSriram|Ram D. Sriram]]
** MarkMusen ''(in absentia)''  
+
** Mark Musen ''(in absentia)''  
** BarrySmith (joining late)  
+
** [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] (joining late)  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** MikeBennett  
+
** [[MikeBennett|Mike Bennett]]
** AndreaWesterinen  
+
** [[AndreaWesterinen|Andrea Westerinen]]
 
** [[GaryBergCross]]  
 
** [[GaryBergCross]]  
** ChristophLange  
+
** [[ChristophLange|Christoph Lange]]
** KrzysztofJanowicz  
+
** [[KrzysztofJanowicz|Krzysztof Janowicz]]
** MatthewWest  
+
** [[MatthewWest|Matthew West]]
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
 
** [[User:KennethBaclawski|Ken Baclawski]]  
** DanBrickley  
+
** [[DanBrickley|Dan Brickley]]
** AnatolyLevenchuk  
+
** [[AnatolyLevenchuk|Anatoly Levenchuk]]
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] (leaving early)  
 
** [[ToddSchneider|Todd Schneider]] (leaving early)  
** FrancescaQuattri  
+
** [[FrancescaQuattri|Francesca Quattri]]
** AmandaVizedom  
+
** [[AmandaVizedom|Amanda Vizedom]]
** OliverKutz  
+
** [[OliverKutz|Oliver Kutz]]
** SteveRay  
+
** [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]]
** MichaelRiben  
+
** [[MichaelRiben|Michael Riben]]
** FranLightsom  
+
** [[FranLightsom|Fran Lightsom]]
 
** QuentinReul  
 
** QuentinReul  
** NatalieMeyers  
+
** [[NatalieMeyers|Natalie Meyers]]
** ChristiKapp  
+
** [[ChristiKapp|Christi Kapp]]
** NancyWiegand  
+
** [[NancyWiegand|Nancy Wiegand]]
** ScottHills  
+
** [[ScottHills|Scott Hills]]
** MarciaZeng  
+
** [[MarciaZeng|Marcia Zeng]]
** SimonaCarini  
+
** [[SimonaCarini|Simona Carini]]
** SiewLam  
+
** [[SiewLam|Siew Lam]]
** TerryLongstreth  
+
** [[TerryLongstreth|Terry Longstreth]]
** JensOrtmann  
+
** [[JensOrtmann|Jens Ortmann]]
** BiplabSarker  
+
** [[BiplabSarker|Biplab Sarker]]
** DanielGant  
+
** [[DanielGant|Daniel Gant]]
** CarmenChui  
+
** [[CarmenChui|Carmen Chui]]
** MeganKatsumi  
+
** [[MeganKatsumi|Megan Katsumi]]
 
** [[JuanGomezRomero]]  
 
** [[JuanGomezRomero]]  
** KenAllgood  
+
** [[KenAllgood|Ken Allgood]]
** BruceSpencer  
+
** [[BruceSpencer|Bruce Spencer]]
** JonathanBona  
+
** [[JonathanBona|Jonathan Bona]]
** AnneThessen  
+
** [[AnneThessen|Anne Thessen]]
 
** [[DanMcShan]]  
 
** [[DanMcShan]]  
** EdBernot  
+
** [[EdBernot|Ed Bernot]]
 
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]  
 
** [[MikeDean|Mike Dean]]  
** TomTinsley  
+
** [[TomTinsley|Tom Tinsley]]
** JohnYanosy  
+
** [[JohnYanosy|John Yanosy]]
** JoelSachs  
+
** [[JoelSachs|Joel Sachs]]
** FrankLoebe  
+
** [[FrankLoebe|Frank Loebe]]
** MarwanGhabin  
+
** [[MarwanGhabin|Marwan Ghabin]]
** EricStephan  
+
** [[EricStephan|Eric Stephan]]
** EarlGlynn  
+
** [[EarlGlynn|Earl Glynn]]
** AdamShepherd  
+
** [[AdamShepherd|Adam Shepherd]]
** BobbinTeegarden  
+
** [[BobbinTeegarden|Bobbin Teegarden]]
** PavithraKenjige  
+
** [[PavithraKenjige|Pavithra Kenjige]]
 
** [[ElieAbiLahoud]]  
 
** [[ElieAbiLahoud]]  
** DanielMekonnen  
+
** [[DanielMekonnen|Daniel Mekonnen]]
 
** DavidHarris  
 
** DavidHarris  
** MaxGillmore  
+
** [[MaxGillmore|Max Gillmore]]
** JamesWilson  
+
** [[JamesWilson|James Wilson]]
** AleksandraSojic  
+
** [[AleksandraSojic|Aleksandra Sojic]]
** DanCarey  
+
** [[DanCarey|Dan Carey]]
** DennisWisnosky  
+
** [[DennisWisnosky|Dennis Wisnosky]]
** DennisPierson  
+
** [[DennisPierson|Dennis Pierson]]
** FabianNeuhaus  
+
** [[FabianNeuhaus|Fabian Neuhaus]]
** FrankOlken  
+
** [[FrankOlken|Frank Olken]]
** HaroldBoley  
+
** [[HaroldBoley|Harold Boley]]
** JoelBender  
+
** [[JoelBender|Joel Bender]]
 
** [[JohnMcClure]]  
 
** [[JohnMcClure]]  
** JulienCorman  
+
** [[JulienCorman|Julien Corman]]
** LamarHenderson  
+
** [[LamarHenderson|Lamar Henderson]]
** LesMorgan  
+
** [[LesMorgan|Les Morgan]]
** LianaKiff  
+
** [[LianaKiff|Liana Kiff]]
 
** LynneBaer  
 
** LynneBaer  
** MatthewLange  
+
** [[MatthewLange|Matthew Lange]]
** RexBrooks  
+
** [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]]
 
** [[RobinMcEntire]]  
 
** [[RobinMcEntire]]  
 
** SergeMaslyukov  
 
** SergeMaslyukov  
** SimonSpero  
+
** [[SimonSpero|Simon Spero]]
** SundayOjo  
+
** [[SundayOjo|Sunday Ojo]]
 
** TonySeale  
 
** TonySeale  
** VeruskaZamborlini  
+
** [[VeruskaZamborlini|Veruska Zamborlini]]
** VictorAgroskin  
+
** [[VictorAgroskin|Victor Agroskin]]
 
** ZhiliZhao  
 
** ZhiliZhao  
** KurtConrad  
+
** [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]]
 
** Emanuele  
 
** Emanuele  
 
** Rishi  
 
** Rishi  
Line 750: Line 750:
 
** uams-dbmi  
 
** uams-dbmi  
 
** wtm  
 
** wtm  
** CarolBean  
+
** [[CarolBean|Carol Bean]]
** DavidNewman  
+
** [[DavidNewman|David Newman]]
 
** [[EricPrudHommeaux]]  
 
** [[EricPrudHommeaux]]  
** FrancoisScharffe  
+
** [[FrancoisScharffe|Francois Scharffe]]
 
** GenZou  
 
** GenZou  
** JimDisbrow  
+
** [[JimDisbrow|Jim Disbrow]]
** MaxPetrenko  
+
** [[MaxPetrenko|Max Petrenko]]
** NaicongLi  
+
** [[NaicongLi|Naicong Li]]
** PaulFodor  
+
** [[PaulFodor|Paul Fodor]]
** StefanoBorgo  
+
** [[StefanoBorgo|Stefano Borgo]]
 
** ...  
 
** ...  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
 
** ...  
 
** ...  
** ''(please add yourself to the list if you are a member of the [[WikiHomePage|Ontolog]] or OntologySummit community, or, rsvp to <peter.yim@cim3.com>)''  
+
** ''(please add yourself to the list if you are a member of the [[WikiHomePage|Ontolog]] or [[OntologySummit|Ontology Summit]] community, or, rsvp to <peter.yim@cim3.com>)''  
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** AlanRector  
+
** [[AlanRector|Alan Rector]]
** PascalHitzler  
+
** [[PascalHitzler|Pascal Hitzler]]
** MarcelaVegetti  
+
** [[MarcelaVegetti|Marcela Vegetti]]
** ChristopherSpottiswoode  
+
** [[ChristopherSpottiswoode|Christopher Spottiswoode]]
** JackRing  
+
** [[JackRing|Jack Ring]]
** AliHashemi  
+
** [[AliHashemi|Ali Hashemi]]
 
** ....  
 
** ....  
  

Latest revision as of 01:46, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] Ontology Summit 2014 Launch Event - Thu 2014-01-16     (1)

  • Summit Theme: OntologySummit2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"     (1A)

[edit] Abstract: Goals & Objectives     (1H)

OntologySummit2014 Theme: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"     (1H1)

This is our 9th Ontology Summit, a joint initiative by NIST, Ontolog, NCOR, NCBO, IAOA & NCO_NITRD with the support of our co-sponsors.     (1H2)

Since the beginnings of the Semantic Web, ontologies have played key roles in the design and deployment of new semantic technologies. Yet over the years, the level of collaboration between the Semantic Web and Applied Ontology communities has been much less than expected. Within Big Data applications, ontologies appear to have had little impact.     (1H3)

This year's Ontology Summit is an opportunity for building bridges between the Semantic Web, Linked Data, Big Data, and Applied Ontology communities. On the one hand, the Semantic Web, Linked Data, and Big Data communities can bring a wide array of real problems (such as performance and scalability challenges and the variety problem in Big Data) and technologies (automated reasoning tools) that can make use of ontologies. On the other hand, the Applied Ontology community can bring a large body of common reusable content (ontologies) and ontological analysis techniques. Identifying and overcoming ontology engineering bottlenecks is critical for all communities.     (1H4)

Ontology Summit 2014 will pose and address the primary challenges in these areas of interaction among the different communities. The Summit activities will bring together insights and methods from these different communities, synthesize new insights, and disseminate knowledge across field boundaries.     (1H5)

Following earlier Ontology Summit practice, the synthesized results of this season's discourse will be published as a Communique.     (1H6)

See developing details at: OntologySummit2014 (homepage for this summit)     (1H7)

Ontology Summit 2014 Launch     (1I1)

  • Session Format: this is a virtual session conducted over an augmented conference call - [ slides ]     (1I2)

[edit] Proceedings     (1J)

Please refer to the above     (1J1)

[edit] IM Chat Transcript captured during the session    (1J2)

see raw transcript here.     (1J2A)

(for better clarity, the version below is a re-organized and lightly edited chat-transcript.)     (1J2B)

Participants are welcome to make light edits to their own contributions as they see fit.     (1J2C)

-- begin in-session chat-transcript --     (1J2D)


Chat transcript from room: summit_20140116     (1J2E)

2014-01-16 GMT-08:00 [PST]     (1J2F)


[8:54] Peter P. Yim: Welcome to the     (1J2G)

Ontology Summit 2014 Launch Event - Thu 2014-01-16     (1J2H)

Summit Theme: Ontology Summit 2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology" (427U)     (1J2I)

Summit General Co-chairs: Professor Michael Grüninger & Dr. Leo Obrst     (1J2J)

Symposium Co-chairs - Dr. Ram D. Sriram & Professor Tim Finin     (1J2K)

Opening remarks from the leadership of the Ontology Summit co-organizers:     (1J2L)

Introducing our Champions and the Ontology Summit 2014 program:     (1J2S)

  • Team R: Public Relations (includes Sponsor Relations & Website Development) - Co-champions: ___, Professor Marcela Vegetti, ..., (Dr. MatthewWest)     (1J2AA)

Logistics:     (1J2AC)

  • (if you haven't already done so) please click on "settings" (top center) and morph from "anonymous" to your RealName     (1J2AE)

(i.e. even if it says it is "offline," you should still be able to connect to it.)     (1J2AI)

VoIP line, etc.) either your phone, skype-out or google-voice and call the US dial-in number: +1 (206) 402-0100     (1J2AK)

... when prompted enter Conference ID: 141184#     (1J2AL)

Tom Tinsley, TonySeale, Veruska Zamborlini, Victor Agroskin, Zhili, anonymous, uams-dbmi, wtm,     (1J2AAA)

proceedings     (1J2AAB)

[9:18] anonymous1 morphed into Marcia Zeng     (1J2AAC)

[9:19] Peter P. Yim: Hello Marcia ... thanks for joining us today     (1J2AAD)

[9:20] anonymous1 morphed into DanMcShan     (1J2AAF)

[9:21] Ed Bernot: Good day!     (1J2AAG)

[9:25] anonymous1 morphed into Anne Thessen     (1J2AAH)

[9:26] anonymous2 morphed into Carmen Chui     (1J2AAI)

[9:26] anonymous1 morphed into Veruska Zamborlini     (1J2AAJ)

[9:27] anonymous1 morphed into Sunday Ojo     (1J2AAK)

[9:29] Sunday Ojo: I am Prof Sunday Ojo, Executive Dean of faculty of ICT, Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria, South Africa     (1J2AAL)

[9:30] anonymous4 morphed into Christine Kapp     (1J2AAN)

[9:30] anonymous4 morphed into Lamar Henderson     (1J2AAO)

[9:30] anonymous3 morphed into Les Morgan     (1J2AAP)

[9:30] anonymous2 morphed into Joel Sachs     (1J2AAQ)

[9:31] anonymous6 morphed into Liana Kiff     (1J2AAR)

[9:31] Amanda Vizedom: Folks on the call: if you aren't actively talking, it would help if you would     (1J2AAS)

mute yourself locally. We're getting lots of background sounds.     (1J2AAT)

[9:31] anonymous5 morphed into DanGant     (1J2AAU)

[9:31] Joel Sachs: shouldn't have happened. messages out of order.     (1J2AAV)

[9:31] anonymous1 morphed into John Yanosy     (1J2AAW)

[9:31] Matthew West morphed into Matthew West     (1J2AAX)

[9:32] anonymous3 morphed into Bobbin Teegarden     (1J2AAZ)

[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into GaryBergCross     (1J2AAAA)

[9:32] Mike Bennett: I have to leave at 2pm Eastern US Time FYI.     (1J2AAAB)

[9:32] anonymous2 morphed into Adam Shepherd     (1J2AAAC)

[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into Bruce Spencer     (1J2AAAD)

[9:32] anonymous4 morphed into Simona Carini     (1J2AAAE)

[9:32] anonymous2 morphed into Earl Glynn     (1J2AAAF)

[9:32] anonymous1 morphed into RobinMcEntire     (1J2AAAG)

[9:33] anonymous1 morphed into Eric Stephan     (1J2AAAH)

[9:34] anonymous2 morphed into Todd Schneider     (1J2AAAI)

[9:35] anonymous3 morphed into Michael Riben     (1J2AAAJ)

[9:35] anonymous4 morphed into Francesca Quattri     (1J2AAAK)

[9:35] anonymous2 morphed into Julien Corman     (1J2AAAL)

[9:35] anonymous1 morphed into uams-dbmi     (1J2AAAM)

[9:36] anonymous1 morphed into Juan Gomez-Romero     (1J2AAAN)

[9:36] anonymous2 morphed into QuentinReul     (1J2AAAO)

[9:36] anonymous3 morphed into SergeMaslyukov     (1J2AAAP)

[9:36] anonymous1 morphed into Simon Spero     (1J2AAAQ)

[9:36] anonymous1 morphed into Fabian Neuhaus     (1J2AAAR)

[9:34] Peter P. Yim: == Professor Michael Grüninger & Dr. Leo Obrst starts the session ...     (1J2AAAS)

[9:36] Peter P. Yim: Dr. Leo Obrst presenting an overview of the Summit and agenda of this session see     (1J2AAAT)

[9:36] anonymous2 morphed into ElieAbiLahoud     (1J2AAAV)

[9:37] anonymous1 morphed into Dan Brickley     (1J2AAAW)

[9:37] anonymous1 morphed into Dennis Pierson     (1J2AAAX)

[9:37] anonymous2 morphed into Emanuele     (1J2AAAY)

[9:38] anonymous1 morphed into Dennis Wisnosky     (1J2AAAZ)

[9:40] anonymous1 morphed into Megan Katsumi     (1J2AAAAA)

[9:42] anonymous morphed into Rishi     (1J2AAAAB)

[9:42] anonymous morphed into wtm     (1J2AAAAC)

[9:43] anonymous morphed into LynneBaer     (1J2AAAAD)

[9:44] anonymous3 morphed into Dan Carey     (1J2AAAAF)

[9:47] Peter P. Yim: == Remarks from the leadership of our co-organizers ...     (1J2AAAAG)

[9:49] Peter P. Yim: briefs from George Strawn (NCO_NITRD), Ram D. Sriram (NIST), Michael Grüninger (IAOA),     (1J2AAAAH)

Mark Musen (NCBO), Barry Smith (NCOR), Peter P. Yim (ONTOLOG) [9:50] anonymous morphed into Matthew Lange     (1J2AAAAI)

[9:56] anonymous morphed into Tim Finin     (1J2AAAAJ)

[10:01] anonymous morphed into Barry Smith     (1J2AAAAK)

[9:59] Dennis Wisnosky: How many members are in IAOA?     (1J2AAAAL)

[10:02] Frank Loebe: @DennisWisnosky: Hi, it's ca. 150 members usually, often extending in years of     (1J2AAAAM)

IAOA's flagship conference FOIS to more than 200     (1J2AAAAN)

[10:07] anonymous morphed into Natalie Meyers     (1J2AAAAO)

[10:08] anonymous morphed into Ken Allgood     (1J2AAAAP)

[10:19] anonymous morphed into Pavithra Kenjige     (1J2AAAAQ)

[10:23] Peter P. Yim: == Introducing the Champions and the Ontology Summit 2014 program ...     (1J2AAAAR)

[10:23] anonymous morphed into Liana Kiff     (1J2AAAAS)

[10:30] Juan Gomez-Romero morphed into JuanGomezRomero     (1J2AAAAT)

[10:36] GaryBergCross: Note, for the 2nd session of track A Content Reuse, John Sowa has agreed to be a speaker.     (1J2AAAAU)

[10:36] Mike Bennett: @Gary great!     (1J2AAAAV)

[10:37] GaryBergCross: On the site the Track A references have links to pages and documents.     (1J2AAAAW)

[10:36] anonymous morphed into Lamar Henderson     (1J2AAAAX)

[10:36] Dan Brickley: does anyone have VNC working on OSX?     (1J2AAAAY)

[10:47] Peter P. Yim: @DanBrickley ... yes, I have vnc working on my Macbook Air ... I have been     (1J2AAAAZ)

successfully using "Chicken of the VNC (cotvnc)" as my vnc client there (     (1J2AAAAAA)

[10:48] Peter P. Yim: @DanBrickley ... your problem (with vnc) may be in your corporate firewall and not the viewer, though     (1J2AAAAAD)

[10:49] Dan Brickley: I'm on home ISP. Can discuss later :)     (1J2AAAAAE)

[10:48] Dan Brickley: thanks PeterYim. For today I'll present slides without seeing what you see.     (1J2AAAAAF)

[10:49] Peter P. Yim: that's perfectly fine ... vnc shared-screen is strictly optional (helps make sure     (1J2AAAAAG)

you prompt slide advances, though)     (1J2AAAAAH)

[10:41] FabianNeuhaus-1 morphed into Fabian Neuhaus     (1J2AAAAAI)

[10:42] anonymous1 morphed into Siew Lam     (1J2AAAAAJ)

[10:42] Tim Finin: Here's a question I think we must address: Many big data applications require or     (1J2AAAAAK)

invite statistical and probabilistic models and reasoning. How can/will be address this?     (1J2AAAAAL)

[10:50] Amanda Vizedom: @Tim, I agree; many are pursuing statistical *or* ontological reasoning     (1J2AAAAAM)

approaches, but few are pursuing the hybrid approaches that seem to have so much potential. The     (1J2AAAAAN)

PR-OWL group at GMU have been developing Bayesian + Ontological approaches for years, but I don't     (1J2AAAAAO)

know to what extent they have worked with Big Data problems.     (1J2AAAAAP)

[10:54] Peter P. Yim: @TimFinin ... I trust Ken Baclawski, (one of) our Track D co-champion(s), should     (1J2AAAAAQ)

have a lot (knowledge and connections) to bring to the table in those aspects     (1J2AAAAAR)

[11:28] Ken Baclawski: @TimFinin: Regarding your earlier questions, these issues would fit in Track D.     (1J2AAAAAS)

I have examined these issues in the past, and it would be good to try dealing with them in the context of Big Data.     (1J2AAAAAT)

[10:48] Tim Finin: Another problem that axioms can introduce is producing inconsistencies ...     (1J2AAAAAU)

[10:49] Dan Brickley: (re global constraints, - yes that's why schema.org property/type associations     (1J2AAAAAV)

don't use rdfs:domain + rdfs:range)     (1J2AAAAAW)

[10:49] QuentinReul: and use of axioms makes the separation of concerns (modelling vs.     (1J2AAAAAX)

implmentation) and re-use difficult     (1J2AAAAAY)

[10:50] Mike Bennett: @Quentin good point, perhaps we can draw this point out in the Track A     (1J2AAAAAZ)

conversations?     (1J2AAAAAAA)

[10:52] QuentinReul: @Mike I think that it is an inevitable topic for improving re-use     (1J2AAAAAAB)

[10:53] QuentinReul: DL is one potential issue, but deep biding to philosophical entities (e.g. DOLCE) is another one     (1J2AAAAAAC)

[10:55] Mike Bennett: @Quentin quite so. What is most appropriate for an ontology for a given     (1J2AAAAAAD)

application may work for or against its re-use by someone in another application. Likewise the     (1J2AAAAAAE)

philosophical commitments need to be consistent, or frameable within some broader, consistent set of     (1J2AAAAAAF)

partitions / theories.     (1J2AAAAAAG)

[10:55] Anatoly Levenchuk: @Tim, Amanda: it can be good to know about "hybrid" methods. E.g. usual     (1J2AAAAAAH)

statistical data is in arrays/tables. How we can help with triples and ontologies?! Or we have deep     (1J2AAAAAAI)

learning that not look like too far from ontology (features) discovery but not look too close the same time.     (1J2AAAAAAJ)

[10:57] QuentinReul: @Mike Have you heard about "Just Enough" Ontology Engineering (     (1J2AAAAAAK)

guidelines on tools / mechanisms to dissiminate the model and thus increase re-use     (1J2AAAAAAM)

[10:59] Mike Bennett: @Quentin I have not. We should look into this as part of our deliberations.     (1J2AAAAAAN)

[10:59] Mike Bennett: Apologies, have to drop off now.     (1J2AAAAAAO)

[11:00] QuentinReul: I also have to drop off     (1J2AAAAAAP)

[11:01] Ed Bernot: Sorry, I too have to drop off. Great session, thanks!     (1J2AAAAAAQ)

[11:00] anonymous morphed into Sub     (1J2AAAAAAR)

[11:05] Dan Brickley: [referring to Dan's own Track E presentation] shortest talk yet?     (1J2AAAAAAS)

[11:05] Dan Brickley: I was tempted to give a Google perspective, but will do that later, with     (1J2AAAAAAT)

datasets / APIs and other materials.     (1J2AAAAAAU)

[11:05] Amanda Vizedom: @Dan, you must have lightening talk experience. :-)     (1J2AAAAAAV)

[11:08] Dan Brickley: We used to do a lot of lightning talk sessions at W3C in the RDF Interest Group, yes :)     (1J2AAAAAAW)

[11:10] Amanda Vizedom: [amused by my own typo. perhaps "lightening" is some mix of "lightning" and "enlightening." ;-)]     (1J2AAAAAAX)

[11:07] Marcia Zeng: @DanBrickley: What will be Schema.org's role in relation to this Summit's theme?     (1J2AAAAAAY)

[11:10] Dan Brickley: Re schema.org, I'll put together some materials. It is a little difficult for     (1J2AAAAAAZ)

teams who don't have a complete Web crawl since the data is scattered over 5+ million sites, but     (1J2AAAAAAAA)

there are some possibilities. It might be particularly interesting for the 'variety' problem.     (1J2AAAAAAAB)

[11:11] Dan Brickley: Do you think this could be useful? here is a Google custom search -     (1J2AAAAAAAC)

[11:11] Marcia Zeng: @Dan, thanks for the answer.     (1J2AAAAAAAF)

[11:11] Dan Brickley: (Easy to make such engines for any schema.org type)     (1J2AAAAAAAG)

[11:13] Marcia Zeng: @Dan, I think it is useful. A way to 'filter in' first.     (1J2AAAAAAAH)

[11:15] Marcia Zeng: @Dan, we found Google Image kind of search very useful for cultural heritage     (1J2AAAAAAAI)

related sources. That is a kind of typed search.     (1J2AAAAAAAJ)

[11:14] Michael Grüninger: @QuentinReul: I didn't quite get your point -- are you saying that axioms     (1J2AAAAAAAK)

make reuse difficult?!     (1J2AAAAAAAL)

[11:14] Eric Stephan: Thank you! Sorry I have to drop off early.     (1J2AAAAAAAM)

[11:16] Leo Obrst: @All: we are looking for additional co-champions for some of the tracks, including     (1J2AAAAAAAN)

Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data, Team R: Public Relations, and Team M: Program     (1J2AAAAAAAO)

Management (includes operations, logistics, production). So please consider these if you'd like to     (1J2AAAAAAAP)

have greater input into this Ontology Summit.     (1J2AAAAAAAQ)

[11:20] Marcia Zeng: Have to drop off now. Thanks a lot!     (1J2AAAAAAAS)

[11:25] Tim Finin: I think an Ontology Summit Facebook group or page would be a good way to get     (1J2AAAAAAAT)

announcements and reminders to the participants and wider community     (1J2AAAAAAAU)

[11:28] Simon Spero: @PeterYim: I can help on getting the semantic wiki instance going     (1J2AAAAAAAV)

[--:--] Peter P. Yim: (responded later on email) great, Simon! come to our organizing committee meeting     (1J2AAAAAAAW)

tomorrow, so we can talk more about it     (1J2AAAAAAAX)

[11:28] Amanda Vizedom: Tweeting has begun using #ontologysummit2014     (1J2AAAAAAAY)

[11:29] Ram D. Sriram: I need to leave right now. Tim Finin will be giving the Symposium Co-chair     (1J2AAAAAAAZ)

[11:30] Amanda Vizedom: I have also started using the #ontologysummit2014 hashtag on Google+, though     (1J2AAAAAAAAB)

I may be the only one so far.     (1J2AAAAAAAAC)

[11:31] Christine Kapp: Thank you Peter I have emailed you a question about Program Management and     (1J2AAAAAAAAD)

administrivia - I need to drop now thank you very much     (1J2AAAAAAAAE)

[--:--] Peter P. Yim: (responded later on email) great, Christi! come to our organizing committee     (1J2AAAAAAAAF)

meeting tomorrow, so we can talk more about it     (1J2AAAAAAAAG)

[11:33] Tim Finin: The #ontologysummit2014 tag uses up 1/2 a tweet! How about something shorter, e.g. #ontosum     (1J2AAAAAAAAH)

[11:35] Amanda Vizedom: @Tim, indeed, I have been saying so for a couple of years, to no consensus.     (1J2AAAAAAAAI)

Perhaps we can make that suggestion and try to get sufficient agreement via the mailing list.     (1J2AAAAAAAAJ)

[11:39] Frank Loebe: @Amanda: You may consider a vote on the hashtag within this chatroom, for     (1J2AAAAAAAAK)

immediate feedback from the current audience. But perhaps this does not include everyone intended.     (1J2AAAAAAAAL)

[11:40] Amanda Vizedom: @Frank, not a bad idea. I'd say that would be in the domain of the PR team. Peter?     (1J2AAAAAAAAM)

[11:39] Les Morgan: Does the project have a Google+ presence? Many tech folk would follow it there.     (1J2AAAAAAAAN)

[11:40] Les Morgan: I already circulated an item about the Summit there and got a few nibbles.     (1J2AAAAAAAAO)

[11:40] Peter P. Yim: ALL: if you are not subscribed to the [ontology-summit] mailing list yet, please     (1J2AAAAAAAAP)

do so - http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontology-summit ( or drop me a line - peter.yim [at] cim3.com )     (1J2AAAAAAAAQ)

[11:40] Pavithra Kenjige: I can volunteer for Big Data     (1J2AAAAAAAAR)

[11:40] Pavithra Kenjige: and for Program management too     (1J2AAAAAAAAS)

[--:--] Peter P. Yim: (response added later) great, Pavithra! come to our organizing committee meeting     (1J2AAAAAAAAT)

tomorrow, so we can talk more about it     (1J2AAAAAAAAU)

[11:41] Peter P. Yim: Please mark you calendars and reserve this time, every Thursday, for the     (1J2AAAAAAAAV)

Ontology Summit 2014 virtual panel session series. Session-02 will be up next Thursday- Thu 2014.01.23     (1J2AAAAAAAAW)

(same time) - see developing details at:     (1J2AAAAAAAAX)

[11:41] Peter P. Yim: Reminder to those in the organizing committee, and those interested to join, our     (1J2AAAAAAAAZ)

4th meeting is coming up tomorrow - Fri 2014.01.17 - see details at:     (1J2AAAAAAAAAA)

[11:41] Matthew Lange: @Leo and @Peter I am interested in helping w PR     (1J2AAAAAAAAAC)

[11:42] Peter P. Yim: @MatthewLange ... great! ... come to our organizing committee meeting tomorrow,     (1J2AAAAAAAAAD)

and we cam talk more about it - details at:     (1J2AAAAAAAAAE)

[11:47] Matthew Lange: @PeterYim OK--expect me to be late though, that is school drop-off time out     (1J2AAAAAAAAAG)

here on the left coast     (1J2AAAAAAAAAH)

[11:52] Peter P. Yim: @MatthewLange - not a problem, log into the chat-room, and grab our attention,     (1J2AAAAAAAAAI)

once you are able to join the call     (1J2AAAAAAAAAJ)

[11:41] Leo Obrst: Thanks, all!     (1J2AAAAAAAAAL)

[11:42] Francesca Quattri: Thank you All, great presentations!     (1J2AAAAAAAAAM)

[11:41] Peter P. Yim: -- session ended: 11:41am PST --     (1J2AAAAAAAAAN)

-- end of in-session chat-transcript --     (1J2AAAAAAAAAO)

[edit] Additional Resources     (1K)


For the record ...     (1K6)

[edit] How To Join (while the session is in progress)     (1L)

  • Dial-in:     (1L4D)
    • Phone (US): +1 (206) 402-0100 ... when prompted enter Conference ID: 141184# ... (long distance cost may apply)     (1L4D1)
    • Skype: joinconference (i.e. make a skype call to the contact with skypeID="joinconference") ... (generally free-of-charge, when connecting from your computer ... ref.)     (1L4D2)
      • when prompted enter Conference ID: 141184#     (1L4D2A)
      • Unfamiliar with how to do this on Skype? ...     (1L4D2B)
        • Add the contact "joinconference" to your skype contact list first. To participate in the teleconference, make a skype call to "joinconference", then open the dial pad (see platform-specific instructions below) and enter the Conference ID: 141184# when prompted.     (1L4D2B1)
        • you may connect to (the skypeID) "joinconference" whether or not it indicates that it is online (i.e. even if it says it is "offline," you should still be able to connect to it.)     (1L4D2B2)
      • Can't find Skype Dial pad? ...     (1L4D2C)
        • for Windows Skype users: Can't find Skype Dial pad? ... it's under the "Call" dropdown menu as "Show Dial pad"     (1L4D2C1)
        • for Linux Skype users: please note that the dial-pad is only available on v4.1 (or later; or on the earlier Skype versions 2.x,) if the dialpad button is not shown in the call window you need to press the "d" hotkey to enable it. ... (ref.)     (1L4D2C2)
  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/ ... view-only password: "ontolog"     (1L4E)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1L4E1)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the slides above (where applicable) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1L4E2)
    • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field from "anonymous" to your real name, like "JaneDoe").     (1L4F1)
    • You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1L4F2)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) summit_20140116@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1L4F3)
  • Discussions and Q & A:     (1L4G)
    • Nominally, when a presentation is in progress, the moderator will mute everyone, except for the speaker.     (1L4G1)
    • To un-mute, press "*7" ... To mute, press "*6" (please mute your phone, especially if you are in a noisy surrounding, or if you are introducing noise, echoes, etc. into the conference line.)     (1L4G2)
    • we will usually save all questions and discussions till after all presentations are through. You are encouraged to jot down questions onto the chat-area in the mean time (that way, they get documented; and you might even get some answers in the interim, through the chat.)     (1L4G3)
    • During the Q&A / discussion segment (when everyone is muted), If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please raise your hand (virtually) by clicking on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the session moderator (again, press "*7" on your phone to un-mute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*6" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1L4G4)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com with your affiliation appreciated, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendees" list below (if you are a member of the community already.)     (1L4I)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1L4K)

[edit] Attendees     (1M)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1M4)