From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Last updated at: 2006-06-13 08:20:06 By user: PeterYim)
 
(Last updated at: 2006-06-13 08:20:06 By user: PeterYim)
Line 21: Line 21:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** [[BobSmith]] (session chair)  
+
** BobSmith (session chair)  
** [[RexBrooks]]
+
** RexBrooks  
** [[PeterYim]]
+
** PeterYim  
** [[DeniseBedford]]
+
** DeniseBedford  
** [[SteveRay]]
+
** SteveRay  
** [[KurtConrad]]
+
** KurtConrad  
** [[PatHeinig]]
+
** PatHeinig  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** [[LisaColvin]]
+
** LisaColvin  
 
** ''...(add your name here)...''  
 
** ''...(add your name here)...''  
  
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
** [[SteveIhnen]]
+
** SteveIhnen  
** [[MatthewWest]]
+
** MatthewWest  
  
 
=== Agenda Ideas (candidate items to be adopted into the agenda for discussion)  ===
 
=== Agenda Ideas (candidate items to be adopted into the agenda for discussion)  ===
  
* [[BobSmith]]: discussions on the [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project to take it forward  
+
* BobSmith: discussions on the [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project to take it forward  
* [[PeterYim]] / [[EMichaelMaximilien]]: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
+
* PeterYim / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
 
* ''...(add suggested items here)...''  
 
* ''...(add suggested items here)...''  
  
Line 47: Line 47:
 
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda  
 
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda  
  
* [[BobSmith]] took the chair and welcomed everyone.  
+
* BobSmith took the chair and welcomed everyone.  
  
 
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes  
 
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes  
  
* [[PeterYim]] volunteered  
+
* PeterYim volunteered  
  
 
3) Roll-call of participants  
 
3) Roll-call of participants  
Line 59: Line 59:
 
4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)  
 
4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)  
  
* [[PeterYim]] / [[EMichaelMaximilien]]: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
+
* PeterYim / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date  
** [[EMichaelMaximilien]]: will move the date to Jul 6, 2006  
+
** EMichaelMaximilien: will move the date to Jul 6, 2006  
 
** Max will provide the title and abstract by Wed 5/31/06 ... that will also provide Max & Conor the grounding to invite people  
 
** Max will provide the title and abstract by Wed 5/31/06 ... that will also provide Max & Conor the grounding to invite people  
  
Line 67: Line 67:
 
* Scheduled Ontolog Events:  
 
* Scheduled Ontolog Events:  
 
** Continuation of our "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" series of talks & discussions - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-05/msg00019.html  
 
** Continuation of our "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" series of talks & discussions - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-05/msg00019.html  
** Thu Jun. 1, 2006 - [[MatthewWest]] - on "ISO 18876 - integration of industrial data for exchange access and sharing (IIDEAS)" - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-04/msg00092.html & [[ConferenceCall_2006_06_01]]
+
** Thu Jun. 1, 2006 - MatthewWest - on "ISO 18876 - integration of industrial data for exchange access and sharing (IIDEAS)" - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-04/msg00092.html & ConferenceCall_2006_06_01  
** Thu 2006.06.15 - "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" Discussion Session-2 - Moderators (organizers): [[EMichaelMaximilien]] & [[ConorShankey]]
+
** Thu 2006.06.15 - "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" Discussion Session-2 - Moderators (organizers): EMichaelMaximilien & ConorShankey  
** Thu 2006.06.29 - [[TimRedmond]] - "Protege Architecture and API" (a session for applications developers)  
+
** Thu 2006.06.29 - TimRedmond - "Protege Architecture and API" (a session for applications developers)  
** Thu 2006.07.13 - [[PatCassidy]] - "From Controlled Vocabulary to Standard Ontologies" (from the perspective of a formal ontologist)  
+
** Thu 2006.07.13 - PatCassidy - "From Controlled Vocabulary to Standard Ontologies" (from the perspective of a formal ontologist)  
** Thu 2006.07.23 - Ontolog F2F Meeting and Workshop colocated with the 9th Protege International Conference (Stanford, CA) - Organizers: [[BobSmith]] & [[KurtConrad]]
+
** Thu 2006.07.23 - Ontolog F2F Meeting and Workshop colocated with the 9th Protege International Conference (Stanford, CA) - Organizers: BobSmith & KurtConrad  
 
*** we'll hopefully be arranging more functions during this community F2F gathering and the almost weeklong Conference  
 
*** we'll hopefully be arranging more functions during this community F2F gathering and the almost weeklong Conference  
*** organizers now changed to [[BobSmith]], [[KurtConrad]] & [[RexBrooks]]
+
*** organizers now changed to BobSmith, KurtConrad & RexBrooks  
** Thu 2006.08.10 - SOA Panel Discussion (covering SOA-RM & SOA-RA) - Moderators (organizers): [[DuaneNickull]] & [[RexBrooks]]
+
** Thu 2006.08.10 - SOA Panel Discussion (covering SOA-RM & SOA-RA) - Moderators (organizers): DuaneNickull & RexBrooks  
** Thu 2006.08.31 - Ontology Applications in Emergency Response Panel Discussion - Moderators (organizers): [[RexBrooks]] & [[BobSmith]]
+
** Thu 2006.08.31 - Ontology Applications in Emergency Response Panel Discussion - Moderators (organizers): RexBrooks & BobSmith  
  
 
* Upcoming Events of interest  
 
* Upcoming Events of interest  
Line 85: Line 85:
 
* Engaging UN/CEFACT  
 
* Engaging UN/CEFACT  
 
** Kurt: suggest we schedule a UN/CEFACT-ONTOLOG joint teleconference (hopefully on a Thursday) so that we can do a focused discussion  
 
** Kurt: suggest we schedule a UN/CEFACT-ONTOLOG joint teleconference (hopefully on a Thursday) so that we can do a focused discussion  
*** will need to follow-up with [[BillMcCarthy]] & [[AndersTell]]
+
*** will need to follow-up with [[BillMcCarthy]] & AndersTell  
 
*** Rex: there will be a joint OASIS-ITU conference in Oct. 2006 (UN/CEFACT & ebXML is related somehow)  
 
*** Rex: there will be a joint OASIS-ITU conference in Oct. 2006 (UN/CEFACT & ebXML is related somehow)  
  
Line 92: Line 92:
 
** November 6-9, 2006 - Tucson, Arizona, USA - colocated with the 25th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER2006)  
 
** November 6-9, 2006 - Tucson, Arizona, USA - colocated with the 25th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER2006)  
 
** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-03/msg00020.html & http://events.deri.at/ois2006/  
 
** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-03/msg00020.html & http://events.deri.at/ois2006/  
** [[EMichaelMaximilien]] is in contact with some of these people ... he can help relay questions if we have any  
+
** EMichaelMaximilien is in contact with some of these people ... he can help relay questions if we have any  
 
** conflict with 5th International Semantic Web Conference (same week, but in Athens, Georgia)  
 
** conflict with 5th International Semantic Web Conference (same week, but in Athens, Georgia)  
 
** abstract deadline is May 1, 2006 (so we still have some time to get organized if we want to really do something)  
 
** abstract deadline is May 1, 2006 (so we still have some time to get organized if we want to really do something)  
Line 99: Line 99:
 
7) Current Project Status Report  
 
7) Current Project Status Report  
  
* Status '''[[CctRepresentation]]''' and '''[[UblOntology]]''' project work  
+
* Status '''CctRepresentation''' and '''UblOntology''' project work  
  
 
* Status of '''[[ProtegeKIF]]''' project work  
 
* Status of '''[[ProtegeKIF]]''' project work  
Line 108: Line 108:
  
 
* UBL liaison report  
 
* UBL liaison report  
* [[SICoP]] / ONTAC liaison report  
+
* SICoP / ONTAC liaison report  
 
* NCOR relationship - pending  
 
* NCOR relationship - pending  
 
* Planning team report  
 
* Planning team report  
Line 127: Line 127:
 
**** may need to extend the 6/29 CFP  
 
**** may need to extend the 6/29 CFP  
 
*** need to recruit a champion to work with Kurt and Rex for scheduling some social activities and otehr meetings  
 
*** need to recruit a champion to work with Kurt and Rex for scheduling some social activities and otehr meetings  
**** candidates: Stanford SMI, KSL; SRI-AI-Lab, EPRI, IBM-Almaden Research Center, PARC; company with [[DougEngelbart]];  
+
**** candidates: Stanford SMI, KSL; SRI-AI-Lab, EPRI, IBM-Almaden Research Center, PARC; company with DougEngelbart;  
  
 
* [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project discussion  
 
* [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] project discussion  
** [[BobSmith]]: [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] Progress and Challenges  
+
** BobSmith: [[OntologTaxoThesaurus]] Progress and Challenges  
 
*** Denise's earlier questions about Scope, Methods, Audience;  
 
*** Denise's earlier questions about Scope, Methods, Audience;  
 
*** Progress report: Inventory, Sketch 1 of current "Wiki Taxonomy", Concept Abstraction, "Deliverables"  
 
*** Progress report: Inventory, Sketch 1 of current "Wiki Taxonomy", Concept Abstraction, "Deliverables"  
 
**** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/Taxo_Thesaurus_B--BobSmith_20060525.gif  
 
**** see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/Taxo_Thesaurus_B--BobSmith_20060525.gif  
 
*** Thesaurus Features needed for target audience(s)?  
 
*** Thesaurus Features needed for target audience(s)?  
*** also [[DeniseBedford]] deliverables - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/  
+
*** also DeniseBedford deliverables - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/  
 
**** inventoried about 65,000 items -- http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/ontolog-cwe-inventory-map_dbedford_20060514a.xls  
 
**** inventoried about 65,000 items -- http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologizingOntolog/TaxoThesaurus/ontolog-cwe-inventory-map_dbedford_20060514a.xls  
 
**** raw concepts, with concept extraction tools) --  
 
**** raw concepts, with concept extraction tools) --  
Line 160: Line 160:
 
12) Next meeting date and adjourn  
 
12) Next meeting date and adjourn  
  
* Our next meeting/call will be next Thu 2006.06.01 - with invited speaker [[MatthewWest]] - see: [[ConferenceCall_2006_06_01]]
+
* Our next meeting/call will be next Thu 2006.06.01 - with invited speaker MatthewWest - see: ConferenceCall_2006_06_01  
 
* this call adjourned 11:43 am PDT  
 
* this call adjourned 11:43 am PDT  
 
  
 
--
 
--
minutes captured in real time on this wiki by [[PeterYim]] / 2006.05.25-11:44am PDT  
+
 
 +
minutes captured in real time on this wiki by PeterYim / 2006.05.25-11:44am PDT  
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]
 +
 
  
  
[[Category:Meeting]]
+
This page has been migrated from the [http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki  OntologWiki] - Click [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_05_25 here] for original page

Revision as of 23:13, 13 December 2015

[ ]

Contents

[ontolog] Member Conference Call - Thu 2006-05-25     (1)

  • Subject: [ontolog] member conference call Thu 2006-05-25     (1A1)

Attendees     (1B)

Agenda Ideas (candidate items to be adopted into the agenda for discussion)     (1C)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1E1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1E3)

3) Roll-call of participants     (1E5)

4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)     (1E7)

  • PeterYim / EMichaelMaximilien: need to finalize on the "Ontologizing Ontolog Discussion Session-2" date     (1E8)
    • EMichaelMaximilien: will move the date to Jul 6, 2006     (1E8A)
    • Max will provide the title and abstract by Wed 5/31/06 ... that will also provide Max & Conor the grounding to invite people     (1E8B)
  • Scheduled Ontolog Events:     (1E10)
    • Continuation of our "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" series of talks & discussions - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-05/msg00019.html     (1E10A)
    • Thu Jun. 1, 2006 - MatthewWest - on "ISO 18876 - integration of industrial data for exchange access and sharing (IIDEAS)" - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-04/msg00092.html & ConferenceCall_2006_06_01     (1E10B)
    • Thu 2006.06.15 - "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" Discussion Session-2 - Moderators (organizers): EMichaelMaximilien & ConorShankey     (1E10C)
    • Thu 2006.06.29 - TimRedmond - "Protege Architecture and API" (a session for applications developers)     (1E10D)
    • Thu 2006.07.13 - PatCassidy - "From Controlled Vocabulary to Standard Ontologies" (from the perspective of a formal ontologist)     (1E10E)
    • Thu 2006.07.23 - Ontolog F2F Meeting and Workshop colocated with the 9th Protege International Conference (Stanford, CA) - Organizers: BobSmith & KurtConrad     (1E10F)
      • we'll hopefully be arranging more functions during this community F2F gathering and the almost weeklong Conference     (1E10F1)
      • organizers now changed to BobSmith, KurtConrad & RexBrooks     (1E10F2)
    • Thu 2006.08.10 - SOA Panel Discussion (covering SOA-RM & SOA-RA) - Moderators (organizers): DuaneNickull & RexBrooks     (1E10G)
    • Thu 2006.08.31 - Ontology Applications in Emergency Response Panel Discussion - Moderators (organizers): RexBrooks & BobSmith     (1E10H)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues - no discussion     (1E12)

6) Follow-ups from previous calls     (1E13)

  • Engaging UN/CEFACT     (1E14)
    • Kurt: suggest we schedule a UN/CEFACT-ONTOLOG joint teleconference (hopefully on a Thursday) so that we can do a focused discussion     (1E14A)

7) Current Project Status Report     (1E16)

8) Key Issues discussion:     (1E25)

9) New project proposals     (1E28)

10) Sponsorship and funding     (1E29)

11) Other business     (1E30)

12) Next meeting date and adjourn     (1E31)

  • Our next meeting/call will be next Thu 2006.06.01 - with invited speaker MatthewWest - see: ConferenceCall_2006_06_01     (1E32)
  • this call adjourned 11:43 am PDT     (1E33)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by PeterYim / 2006.05.25-11:44am PDT     (1E35)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1E36)