From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]SteveRay[ ]" to " Steve Ray ")
(Fix PurpleMediaWiki references)
 
Line 21: Line 21:
  
 
* Attended:  
 
* Attended:  
** KurtConrad  
+
** [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]]
 
** EMichaelMaximilien  
 
** EMichaelMaximilien  
  
 
* Expecting:  
 
* Expecting:  
** KurtConrad  
+
** [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]]
 
** EMichaelMaximilien  
 
** EMichaelMaximilien  
 
** ''...(add your name here)...''  
 
** ''...(add your name here)...''  
Line 31: Line 31:
 
* Regrets:  
 
* Regrets:  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
 
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]  
** RexBrooks (will try to come, but likely not be able to)  
+
** [[RexBrooks|Rex Brooks]] (will try to come, but likely not be able to)  
** MitchRinger  
+
** [[MitchRinger|Mitch Ringer]]
** BrandNiemann  
+
** [[BrandNiemann|Brand Niemann]]
 
** [[BillMcCarthy]]  
 
** [[BillMcCarthy]]  
  
Line 42: Line 42:
 
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda  
 
1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda  
  
* KurtConrad took the chair and welcomed everyone.  
+
* [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]] took the chair and welcomed everyone.  
  
 
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes  
 
2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes  
Line 71: Line 71:
  
 
* Scheduled Ontolog Events  
 
* Scheduled Ontolog Events  
** Fri Sep. 23, 2005 - JonBosak - on "Governance in the Development of an OASIS Standard for Business Documents" - Joint session with Susan's Collaborative Expedition Workshop #44 at NSF - see: ConferenceCall_2005_09_23 - confirmed (KurtConrad / SusanTurnbull / PeterYim)  
+
** Fri Sep. 23, 2005 - [[JonBosak|Jon Bosak]] - on "Governance in the Development of an OASIS Standard for Business Documents" - Joint session with Susan's Collaborative Expedition Workshop #44 at NSF - see: ConferenceCall_2005_09_23 - confirmed (KurtConrad / [[SusanTurnbull|Susan Turnbull]] / PeterYim)  
 
*** Ontolog members should note that this replaces our regular Thursday Sep. 22 meeting (i.e. '''no 9/22/05 call''')  
 
*** Ontolog members should note that this replaces our regular Thursday Sep. 22 meeting (i.e. '''no 9/22/05 call''')  
** Thu Oct. 13 2005 - BarrySmith - "How to Do Things with Paper: The Ontology of Documents and the Technologies of Identification" - see: ConferenceCall_2005_10_13 - confirmed ([[BillMcCarthy]])  
+
** Thu Oct. 13 2005 - [[BarrySmith|Barry Smith]] - "How to Do Things with Paper: The Ontology of Documents and the Technologies of Identification" - see: ConferenceCall_2005_10_13 - confirmed ([[BillMcCarthy]])  
** Thu Oct. 20 2005 discussion - Moderator: NicolasRouquette - subject: Semantic Web Service Ontology Standard - see: [[ConferenceCall_2005_10_20/Prep]]  
+
** Thu Oct. 20 2005 discussion - Moderator: [[NicolasRouquette|Nicolas Rouquette]] - subject: Semantic Web Service Ontology Standard - see: [[ConferenceCall_2005_10_20/Prep]]  
 
*** the original 10/27 date conflicts with the NCOR Inaugural Meeting, we are rescheduling this to Thu Oct. 20, 2005  
 
*** the original 10/27 date conflicts with the NCOR Inaugural Meeting, we are rescheduling this to Thu Oct. 20, 2005  
 
*** EMichaelMaximilien will join Nicolas in organizing this event  
 
*** EMichaelMaximilien will join Nicolas in organizing this event  
*** NicolasRouquette, JohnDomingue, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] and EMichaelMaximilien are working together to prepare for it  
+
*** [[NicolasRouquette|Nicolas Rouquette]], JohnDomingue, [[MichaelGruninger|Michael Grüninger]] and EMichaelMaximilien are working together to prepare for it  
 
* Invited Speaker Schedule for the next 3~6 months  
 
* Invited Speaker Schedule for the next 3~6 months  
 
** Candidate Nov. 2005 session(s) and beyond -  
 
** Candidate Nov. 2005 session(s) and beyond -  
 
*** John Sowa (suggested by [[BillMcCarthy]])  
 
*** John Sowa (suggested by [[BillMcCarthy]])  
*** DougLenat on the Cyc project (suggested by PeterYim)  
+
*** [[DougLenat|Doug Lenat]] on the Cyc project (suggested by PeterYim)  
*** NicolaGuarino on [[DOLCE]], possibly also BillAndersen or ChrisWelty (suggested by [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & PatCassidy)  
+
*** Nicola Guarino on [[DOLCE]], possibly also [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]] or [[ChrisWelty|Chris Welty]] (suggested by [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] & PatCassidy)  
 
*** LarryReeker of NIST (suggested by SusanTurnbull)  
 
*** LarryReeker of NIST (suggested by SusanTurnbull)  
 
*** [[SimonBuckinghamShum]] of the Compendium Institute ( ? ; ref. [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-12/msg00014.html#nid01 post] from [[ScottLHolmes]] & PeterYim's [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-12/msg00016.html#nid04 reponse])  
 
*** [[SimonBuckinghamShum]] of the Compendium Institute ( ? ; ref. [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-12/msg00014.html#nid01 post] from [[ScottLHolmes]] & PeterYim's [http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2004-12/msg00016.html#nid04 reponse])  
*** JimSpohrer from IBM Almaden Services Research (further to the 2005.06.30 discussion)  
+
*** [[JimSpohrer|Jim Spohrer]] from IBM Almaden Services Research (further to the 2005.06.30 discussion)  
 
** other suggestions:  
 
** other suggestions:  
 
*** Monica: suggest inviting someone from the [regrep] group  
 
*** Monica: suggest inviting someone from the [regrep] group  
 
*** Rex suggsted we should also invite UDDI and XMDR people, and possibly to have all three parties (regrep, uddi & xmdr) on a panel  
 
*** Rex suggsted we should also invite UDDI and XMDR people, and possibly to have all three parties (regrep, uddi & xmdr) on a panel  
 
*** Rex suggestion: Professor Asuman Dogac from Middle East Technical University (Ankhara, Turkey) on Healthcare Ontologies in ebXML Web Services under their Artemis Project  
 
*** Rex suggestion: Professor Asuman Dogac from Middle East Technical University (Ankhara, Turkey) on Healthcare Ontologies in ebXML Web Services under their Artemis Project  
**** Professor Dogac's work has also been previous [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NhinRfi/ConferenceCall_2005_15_11#nid9DI recommended by] BrandNiemann - see: http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/TowardCoherenceInKnowledgeThroughAllThingsOntological_MakingSenseTogether_2004_12_09#nid6NZ  
+
**** Professor Dogac's work has also been previous [http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NhinRfi/ConferenceCall_2005_15_11#nid9DI recommended by] [[BrandNiemann|Brand Niemann]] - see: http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/TowardCoherenceInKnowledgeThroughAllThingsOntological_MakingSenseTogether_2004_12_09#nid6NZ  
 
*** Peter also suggested that we should invite [http://informatik.uibk.ac.at/~dieter/ Dieter Fensel] to talk to us some time  
 
*** Peter also suggested that we should invite [http://informatik.uibk.ac.at/~dieter/ Dieter Fensel] to talk to us some time  
*** Rex / Peter: XMDR - BruceBargmeyer or someone from his XMDR team  
+
*** Rex / Peter: XMDR - [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]] or someone from his XMDR team  
*** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / ElisaKendall: PatHayes, [[DeborahMcGuinness]]  
+
*** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] / [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]]: [[PatHayes|Pat Hayes]], [[DeborahMcGuinness]]  
 
*** To be brought up for discussion today:  
 
*** To be brought up for discussion today:  
**** ChrisMenzel: BillAndersen  
+
**** [[ChrisMenzel|Chris Menzel]]: [[BillAndersen|Bill Andersen]]
**** BrandNiemann / MarkMusen / PeterYim: Frank Hartel (NIH/NCI)  
+
**** [[BrandNiemann|Brand Niemann]] / Mark Musen / [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: Frank Hartel (NIH/NCI)  
**** BrandNiemann / PeterYim: RoyRoebuck  
+
**** [[BrandNiemann|Brand Niemann]] / [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: RoyRoebuck  
**** DuaneNickull: suggesting candidates from Microsoft - Phil Berstein & Sergey Melnik - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2005-08/msg00027.html  
+
**** [[DuaneNickull|Duane Nickull]]: suggesting candidates from Microsoft - Phil Berstein & Sergey Melnik - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2005-08/msg00027.html  
**** DuaneNickull: EricMiller, Tim Berners-Lee of W3C  
+
**** [[DuaneNickull|Duane Nickull]]: EricMiller, Tim Berners-Lee of W3C  
**** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (new!): ChrisMenzel some time early 2006 (on some of the work he is doing at Boeing)  
+
**** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]] (new!): [[ChrisMenzel|Chris Menzel]] some time early 2006 (on some of the work he is doing at Boeing)  
 
*** Peter: since we have such a great (and huge) list of candidates now, maybe we should put a process together to find out who are among the top speakers the community wants to hear and talk to  
 
*** Peter: since we have such a great (and huge) list of candidates now, maybe we should put a process together to find out who are among the top speakers the community wants to hear and talk to  
 
**** suggest we also try to invite candidate speakers to join us at weekly calls and other ontolog events so that they get more familiar with the community and vice versa  
 
**** suggest we also try to invite candidate speakers to join us at weekly calls and other ontolog events so that they get more familiar with the community and vice versa  
Line 106: Line 106:
 
* Scheduled Discussions for the next 2 months - candidates:  
 
* Scheduled Discussions for the next 2 months - candidates:  
 
** Adam: need OWL & SWRL for OWL ontologies to really be useful  
 
** Adam: need OWL & SWRL for OWL ontologies to really be useful  
** NicolasRouquette -- other topics lined up?  
+
** [[NicolasRouquette|Nicolas Rouquette]] -- other topics lined up?  
 
** a panel with speaker representating: [[SUMO]], OpenCyc Upper Ontology, [[DOLCE]], ... (suggested by PeterYim)  
 
** a panel with speaker representating: [[SUMO]], OpenCyc Upper Ontology, [[DOLCE]], ... (suggested by PeterYim)  
 
*** possibly teaming up with SICoP and their CUO-WG; after independent sessions on Cyc and DOLCE  
 
*** possibly teaming up with SICoP and their CUO-WG; after independent sessions on Cyc and DOLCE  
Line 118: Line 118:
 
*** Kurt: "on metamodels, independent of the representation" (at a level that allows us to avoid the language war)  
 
*** Kurt: "on metamodels, independent of the representation" (at a level that allows us to avoid the language war)  
 
**** Bob: as a segway into things like pi-calculus, tec.  
 
**** Bob: as a segway into things like pi-calculus, tec.  
*** PeterYim: "moving from data standards to data-model- and semantic-model-driven eBusiness standards"  
+
*** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: "moving from data standards to data-model- and semantic-model-driven eBusiness standards"  
**** candidate panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MarkCrawford, ElisaKendall, AdamPease, MikeDaconta, JimHendler, [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]] (moderator?)  
+
**** candidate panelists: [[Bargmeyer|Bruce Bargmeyer]], [[MarkCrawford|Mark Crawford]], [[ElisaKendall|Elisa Kendall]], [[AdamPease|Adam Pease]], [[MikeDaconta|Mike Daconta]], [[JimHendler|Jim Hendler]], [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]] (moderator?)  
 
**** maybe a joint SICoP-Ontolog event, as part of another Collaborative Expedition Workshop?  
 
**** maybe a joint SICoP-Ontolog event, as part of another Collaborative Expedition Workshop?  
*** DuaneNickull: "Ontological and Semantic Implementation Panel" - some time in the future - Duane will start a page in preparation on it  
+
*** [[DuaneNickull|Duane Nickull]]: "Ontological and Semantic Implementation Panel" - some time in the future - Duane will start a page in preparation on it  
 
** 2005.09.01: EMichaelMaximilien: suggest we use some sort of IM tool (or other real time signaling) so that the moderator could know who has a question.  
 
** 2005.09.01: EMichaelMaximilien: suggest we use some sort of IM tool (or other real time signaling) so that the moderator could know who has a question.  
 
*** Duane suggested this tool by Doug Davis of IBM - (will post to the forum) - try http://soaphub.homeip.net:8080/conf/room/ontolog  
 
*** Duane suggested this tool by Doug Davis of IBM - (will post to the forum) - try http://soaphub.homeip.net:8080/conf/room/ontolog  
Line 131: Line 131:
 
** Sep. 12~16, 2005 - UN/CEFACT Forum - (Lyon, France) (Anders, Bill, Duane)  
 
** Sep. 12~16, 2005 - UN/CEFACT Forum - (Lyon, France) (Anders, Bill, Duane)  
 
** OASIS ebXML registry-repository webinar - Sep. 15, 2005 - see: http://www.oasis-open.org/events/webinars/webinars.php  
 
** OASIS ebXML registry-repository webinar - Sep. 15, 2005 - see: http://www.oasis-open.org/events/webinars/webinars.php  
** Sep. 23, 12005 - Collaborative Expedition Workshop #44 (at NSF) - featuring the JonBosak joint-program with Ontolog; RexBrook et al. also presenting.  
+
** Sep. 23, 12005 - Collaborative Expedition Workshop #44 (at NSF) - featuring the [[JonBosak|Jon Bosak]] joint-program with Ontolog; RexBrook et al. also presenting.  
 
** Sep. 30, 2005 - Esther Dyson's "Personal Health Conference" in New York City  
 
** Sep. 30, 2005 - Esther Dyson's "Personal Health Conference" in New York City  
 
** National Center for Ontological Research (NCOR) Opening - Oct. 27, 2005 (Buffalo, NY) - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2005-08/msg00000.html  
 
** National Center for Ontological Research (NCOR) Opening - Oct. 27, 2005 (Buffalo, NY) - ref: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2005-08/msg00000.html  
 
*** wants to know if call-in is supported  
 
*** wants to know if call-in is supported  
  
* EdDodds / BobSmith: Semantic Technology Conference in San Jose has a C4P due September 12 for March 2006  
+
* [[EdDodds|Ed Dodds]] / [[BobSmith|Bob Smith]]: Semantic Technology Conference in San Jose has a C4P due September 12 for March 2006  
** PeterYim: since this is more a "commercial" activity -- educating the public nonetheless, which Ontolog definitely supports -- encouraging Ontolog members to participate "on their own" (and using Ontolog material where they feel appropriate) would probably be more appropriate than billing this as an "Ontolog activity".  
+
** [[PeterYim|Peter P. Yim]]: since this is more a "commercial" activity -- educating the public nonetheless, which Ontolog definitely supports -- encouraging Ontolog members to participate "on their own" (and using Ontolog material where they feel appropriate) would probably be more appropriate than billing this as an "Ontolog activity".  
  
 
* Duane: call for paper - http://www.ift.ulaval.ca/%7Ekone/SWIG06/CSWWS2006-blog.htm  
 
* Duane: call for paper - http://www.ift.ulaval.ca/%7Ekone/SWIG06/CSWWS2006-blog.htm  
Line 156: Line 156:
 
** Duane will try to organize a conference with the parties cconcerned  
 
** Duane will try to organize a conference with the parties cconcerned  
 
*** Kurt: also help us hone our ability to effectively engage the standards group  
 
*** Kurt: also help us hone our ability to effectively engage the standards group  
** Peter to e-mail the Ontolog comments to PatCassidy or anyone else who would be interested  
+
** Peter to e-mail the Ontolog comments to [[PatCassidy|Pat Cassidy]] or anyone else who would be interested  
  
 
* Bob and Nicolas will work on the ontological lessons learned in our exercise on [[RegularConferenceCall]] scheduling  
 
* Bob and Nicolas will work on the ontological lessons learned in our exercise on [[RegularConferenceCall]] scheduling  
Line 194: Line 194:
 
* regular call adjourned 10:51 am PDT  
 
* regular call adjourned 10:51 am PDT  
 
* next call will be on Fri 2005-09-23 starting at 10:30 am PDT  
 
* next call will be on Fri 2005-09-23 starting at 10:30 am PDT  
** that will be the Ontolog-CEW Joint Invited Speaker session featuring JonBosak on: "Governance in the Development of an OASIS Standard for Business Documents."  
+
** that will be the Ontolog-CEW Joint Invited Speaker session featuring [[JonBosak|Jon Bosak]] on: "Governance in the Development of an OASIS Standard for Business Documents."  
 
** See: ConferenceCall_2005_09_23  
 
** See: ConferenceCall_2005_09_23  
 
** Once again, this is going to be on a Friday (and not on our regular Thursday time slot.) There will be NO CALL on next thursday.  
 
** Once again, this is going to be on a Friday (and not on our regular Thursday time slot.) There will be NO CALL on next thursday.  
Line 200: Line 200:
 
--
 
--
  
minutes captured in real time on this wiki by KurtConrad / 2005.09.15-10:52 am PDT  
+
minutes captured in real time on this wiki by [[KurtConrad|Kurt Conrad]] / 2005.09.15-10:52 am PDT  
  
 
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]
 
[[Category:Event_Meeting]]

Latest revision as of 01:03, 9 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[edit] [ontolog] Member Conference Call - Thu 2005-09-15     (1)

  • Subject: [ontolog] member conference call Thu 2005-09-15     (1A1)

[edit] Attendees     (1B)

[edit] Agenda Ideas     (1C)

[edit] Agenda & Proceedings     (1D)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1D1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1D3)

3) Regular agenda suspended with only two participants     (1D5)

  • EMichaelMaximilien trying to recruit some OWL-S experts for 2005.10.20 discussion.     (1D6)

Meeting ajourned at 10:51 PST.     (1D7)

!!!! Remainder of Suspended Agenda     (1D8)

3) Roll-call of participants     (1D9)

4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)     (1D11)

  • Ed Dodds / Bob Smith: Semantic Technology Conference in San Jose has a C4P due September 12 for March 2006     (1D17)
    • Peter P. Yim: since this is more a "commercial" activity -- educating the public nonetheless, which Ontolog definitely supports -- encouraging Ontolog members to participate "on their own" (and using Ontolog material where they feel appropriate) would probably be more appropriate than billing this as an "Ontolog activity".     (1D17A)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues     (1D19)

6) Follow-ups from previous calls     (1D20)

  • possible meeting/call to follow-up with UDEF folks to review Ontolog's comments (suggested by MikeDaconta) [attn: DuaneNickull]     (1D22)
    • Duane: I brought the Ontolog comments back to UDEF ... it was well received ... help them focus their value proposition     (1D22A)
    • Duane will try to organize a conference with the parties cconcerned     (1D22B)
      • Kurt: also help us hone our ability to effectively engage the standards group     (1D22B1)
    • Peter to e-mail the Ontolog comments to Pat Cassidy or anyone else who would be interested     (1D22C)

7) Current Project Status Report     (1D24)

  • status of NHIN-RFI & Health-Ont project work     (1D27)
    • representation and paper submission to FCW Government Health IT Conference - Nov. 17~18, 2005, Washington, D.C.     (1D27A)

8) project work session / discussion     (1D32)

9) New project proposals     (1D33)

10) Sponsorship and funding     (1D34)

11) Other business     (1D35)

12) Next meeting date and adjourn     (1D36)

  • regular call adjourned 10:51 am PDT     (1D37)
  • next call will be on Fri 2005-09-23 starting at 10:30 am PDT     (1D38)
    • that will be the Ontolog-CEW Joint Invited Speaker session featuring Jon Bosak on: "Governance in the Development of an OASIS Standard for Business Documents."     (1D38A)
    • See: ConferenceCall_2005_09_23     (1D38B)
    • Once again, this is going to be on a Friday (and not on our regular Thursday time slot.) There will be NO CALL on next thursday.     (1D38C)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by Kurt Conrad / 2005.09.15-10:52 am PDT     (1D40)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1D41)