From OntologPSMW

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Text replace - "[ ]MichaelGruninger[ ]" to " Michael Grüninger ")
m (Text replace - "[ ]SteveRay[ ]" to " Steve Ray ")
Line 119: Line 119:
 
**** Bob: as a segway into things like pi-calculus, tec.  
 
**** Bob: as a segway into things like pi-calculus, tec.  
 
*** PeterYim: "moving from data standards to data-model- and semantic-model-driven eBusiness standards"  
 
*** PeterYim: "moving from data standards to data-model- and semantic-model-driven eBusiness standards"  
**** candidate panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MarkCrawford, ElisaKendall, AdamPease, MikeDaconta, JimHendler, SteveRay (moderator?)  
+
**** candidate panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MarkCrawford, ElisaKendall, AdamPease, MikeDaconta, JimHendler, [[SteveRay|Steve Ray]] (moderator?)  
 
**** maybe a joint SICoP-Ontolog event, as part of another Collaborative Expedition Workshop?  
 
**** maybe a joint SICoP-Ontolog event, as part of another Collaborative Expedition Workshop?  
 
*** DuaneNickull: "Ontological and Semantic Implementation Panel" - some time in the future - Duane will start a page in preparation on it  
 
*** DuaneNickull: "Ontological and Semantic Implementation Panel" - some time in the future - Duane will start a page in preparation on it  

Revision as of 20:09, 8 January 2016

[ ]

Contents

[ontolog] Member Conference Call - Thu 2005-09-15     (1)

  • Subject: [ontolog] member conference call Thu 2005-09-15     (1A1)

Attendees     (1B)

Agenda Ideas     (1C)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1D)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1D1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1D3)

3) Regular agenda suspended with only two participants     (1D5)

  • EMichaelMaximilien trying to recruit some OWL-S experts for 2005.10.20 discussion.     (1D6)

Meeting ajourned at 10:51 PST.     (1D7)

!!!! Remainder of Suspended Agenda     (1D8)

3) Roll-call of participants     (1D9)

4) Upcoming meeting & event schedule (near future)     (1D11)

  • Scheduled Discussions for the next 2 months - candidates:     (1D15)
    • Adam: need OWL & SWRL for OWL ontologies to really be useful     (1D15A)
    • NicolasRouquette -- other topics lined up?     (1D15B)
    • a panel with speaker representating: SUMO, OpenCyc Upper Ontology, DOLCE, ... (suggested by PeterYim)     (1D15C)
      • possibly teaming up with SICoP and their CUO-WG; after independent sessions on Cyc and DOLCE     (1D15C1)
    • Rex: possibility of working with Duane on a follow-up to the last SOA discussion     (1D15D)
    • Rex suggsted we should also invite UDDI and XMDR people, and possibly to have all three parties (regrep, uddi & xmdr) on a panel     (1D15E)
    • we will not schedule a technical discussion in Sep. 2005     (1D15F)
    • candidates for November, 2005     (1D15G)
      • Rex: propose "Emergency Response"     (1D15G1)
      • Kurt: we should revisit "CCTS ontology" for Nov. (even Sep.) - we'll talk to Duane again if he shows up next week; if he doesn't Kurt, will ping Duane.     (1D15G2)
      • Anders: we should have a "Tools / Testing" discussion     (1D15G3)
      • Kurt: "on metamodels, independent of the representation" (at a level that allows us to avoid the language war)     (1D15G4)
      • PeterYim: "moving from data standards to data-model- and semantic-model-driven eBusiness standards"     (1D15G5)
        • candidate panelists: BruceBargmeyer, MarkCrawford, ElisaKendall, AdamPease, MikeDaconta, JimHendler, Steve Ray (moderator?)     (1D15G5A)
        • maybe a joint SICoP-Ontolog event, as part of another Collaborative Expedition Workshop?     (1D15G5B)
      • DuaneNickull: "Ontological and Semantic Implementation Panel" - some time in the future - Duane will start a page in preparation on it     (1D15G6)
    • 2005.09.01: EMichaelMaximilien: suggest we use some sort of IM tool (or other real time signaling) so that the moderator could know who has a question.     (1D15H)
  • EdDodds / BobSmith: Semantic Technology Conference in San Jose has a C4P due September 12 for March 2006     (1D17)
    • PeterYim: since this is more a "commercial" activity -- educating the public nonetheless, which Ontolog definitely supports -- encouraging Ontolog members to participate "on their own" (and using Ontolog material where they feel appropriate) would probably be more appropriate than billing this as an "Ontolog activity".     (1D17A)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues     (1D19)

6) Follow-ups from previous calls     (1D20)

  • possible meeting/call to follow-up with UDEF folks to review Ontolog's comments (suggested by MikeDaconta) [attn: DuaneNickull]     (1D22)
    • Duane: I brought the Ontolog comments back to UDEF ... it was well received ... help them focus their value proposition     (1D22A)
    • Duane will try to organize a conference with the parties cconcerned     (1D22B)
      • Kurt: also help us hone our ability to effectively engage the standards group     (1D22B1)
    • Peter to e-mail the Ontolog comments to PatCassidy or anyone else who would be interested     (1D22C)

7) Current Project Status Report     (1D24)

  • status of NHIN-RFI & Health-Ont project work     (1D27)
    • representation and paper submission to FCW Government Health IT Conference - Nov. 17~18, 2005, Washington, D.C.     (1D27A)

8) project work session / discussion     (1D32)

9) New project proposals     (1D33)

10) Sponsorship and funding     (1D34)

11) Other business     (1D35)

12) Next meeting date and adjourn     (1D36)

  • regular call adjourned 10:51 am PDT     (1D37)
  • next call will be on Fri 2005-09-23 starting at 10:30 am PDT     (1D38)
    • that will be the Ontolog-CEW Joint Invited Speaker session featuring JonBosak on: "Governance in the Development of an OASIS Standard for Business Documents."     (1D38A)
    • See: ConferenceCall_2005_09_23     (1D38B)
    • Once again, this is going to be on a Friday (and not on our regular Thursday time slot.) There will be NO CALL on next thursday.     (1D38C)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by KurtConrad / 2005.09.15-10:52 am PDT     (1D40)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1D41)