From OntologPSMW

Revision as of 03:48, 9 January 2016 by KennethBaclawski (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

UpperOntologySummit - Organizing Committee Conference Call 2006-02-23     (1)

Call Details     (1A)

Attendees     (1B)

Agenda (items to be discussed) Ideas     (1C)

  • ...(please add suggested items here)...     (1C1)
  • who will be the co-organizers & co-sponsors     (1C2)
  • PPY: getting buy-ins from the global standards community     (1C3)
  • Pat & PPY: wordsmith and adopt a one line statement of the UOS purpose     (1C4)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1E1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1E3)

3) Roll-call of participants - see above     (1E5)

4) Urgent matters to be attended to     (1E6)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues     (1E7)

  • [uos-convene] discussion     (1E15)
    • Pat to kick-off discussion on [uos-convene] (<uos-convene@ontolog.cim3.net>     (1E15A)
      • all members of the UOS organizing committee is subscribed, Peter can add others as they start confirming their participation     (1E15A1)
    • do we need a weekly conference call for the [uos-convene] group?     (1E15B)
      • if so, when? - Sure, Steve will propose a first one (Mitre, or NIST will pay for the conf call)     (1E15B1)

7) Status review and ongoing discussions     (1E17)

  • the week after the UOS, the uos-org should re-convene to do a post-mortem     (1E20)

Develop the mechanism and resources to relate existing upper ontologies to     (1E23)

each other in a manner that will increase reuse of knowledge among them, and thereby     (1E24)

facilitate semantic interoperability among other ontologies that are linked to them.     (1E25)

We want to let the world know that the technology is converging and is poised     (1E26)

for commercial exploitation.     (1E27)

  • Steve: now planning media activities at NIST     (1E29)
    • offering the press "interviewees"     (1E29A)
    • available: Steve (principal contact), everyone on the uos-convene list are candidates (unless they object), Steve will ask on the list     (1E29B)
    • Press Release - NIST Public Affairs will be working on this     (1E29C)
  • Meeting Schedule (ok) / Agenda reconfirmation (needs work)     (1E30)

8) New Issues     (1E31)

9) Action Items     (1E34)

  • Discussions on [uos-convene] to start urgently - three goals:     (1E37)
    • (i) get a technical solution that all would agree on - Pat to drive     (1E37A)
    • (ii) get the joint comminique drafted - Pat & Leo to drive     (1E37B)
    • (iii) get the agenda for those meeting build out - chair of each meeting will drive that (attn: Leo, Brand & Steve)     (1E37C)
    • the uos-org members need to coordinate and help move things forward - ALL     (1E37D)
  • One paragraph descrption of the meeting - attn: Leo & Brand     (1E38)
  • plan and lay out agenda of all 3 meetings - attn: Leo, Brand & Steve     (1E39)
  • Peter to setup the wiki session pages for each of the 3 sessions     (1E40)
    • noting that the Tuesday (3/14) morning and afternoon sessions are part of the same meeting     (1E40A)
  • do a (possibly a series) of conference call with all [uos-convene] participants - Steve to call     (1E41)
  • coordinate publicity; get consensus from all to be interviewed - Steve     (1E42)
  • coordinate "co-sponsorship"; get confirmation from all parties involved - Peter     (1E43)
  • coordinate FOIS deliverable and get slot on FOIS agenda - Leo     (1E44)
  • provide input on the "one line statement" of the UOS mission/goal above - ALL     (1E45)
    • finalize before the first [uos-convene] conference call (hopefully)     (1E45A)

10) Next meeting date and adjournment     (1E46)

  • Next call will be on Thu 2006.03.02 at 12:30 pm PST / 3:30pm EST (as usual)     (1E47)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by Peter P. Yim / 2006.02.23-2:05pm PST     (1E50)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1E51)