From OntologPSMW

Revision as of 02:30, 9 January 2016 by KennethBaclawski (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

Ontology Summit 2010 Launch Event - Thu 2009-12-10     (1)

Launch Event for Ontology Summit 2010: "Creating the Ontologists of the Future"     (1A)


  • Shared-screen support (VNC session) will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/     (1A4E)
    • view-only password: "ontolog"     (1A4E1)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1A4E2)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the slides above and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1A4E3)
  • Discussions and Q & A:     (1A4F)
    • (Unless the conference host has already muted everyone) Please mute your phone, by pressing "*2" on your phone keypad, when a presentation is in progress. To un-mute, press "*3"     (1A4F1)
    • You can type in your questions or comments through the browser based chat session by:     (1A4F2)
      • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field). You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1A4F3A)
    • (when everyone is muted) If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please "raise your hand (virtually)" by click on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the speaker or the session moderator (again, press "*3" on your phone to unmute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*2" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1A4F4)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) ontolog_20091210@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1A4F5)
  • For those who cannot join us, or who have further questions or remarks on the topic, please post them to the [ontology-summit] listserv so that everyone in the community can benefit from the discourse.     (1A4G)
  • Please note that this session will be recorded, and the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1A4K)

Attendees     (1B)

Resources     (1B3)

Background     (1C)

This is our 5th Ontology Summit, a joint initiative by NIST, Ontolog, NCOR, NCBO and IAOA with the support of our co-sponsors. The theme adopted for this Ontology Summit is: "Creating the Ontologists of the Future." In an earlier planning session last month, the community brainstormed on this initiative and how best to frame the issues. That and subsequent input were carefully reviewed and synthesized by the Summit Organizing Committee, and it is this plan that we will be discussing with everyone during this launch event.     (1C1)

This officially marks the beginning of "Ontology Summit 2010." Programs including surveys, mailing list discussions, virtual panel sessions, collaborative authoring of research studies and findings, etc. will follow in the next three months. These activities will culminate in a two-day face-to-face symposium at NIST (Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA) on 15 & 16-March-2010. At this launch, we will be introducing the "Ontology Summit 2010" objective, organization, process, deliverables and preliminary plans to you, and we welcome your ideas and participation.     (1C2)

See: OntologySummit2010 (home page for the project)     (1C3)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1D)

Ontology Summit 2010 Launch     (1D1)

Topic: Ontology Summit 2010 Launch     (1E)

Increasingly, major national and international projects centered on ontology technology are being advanced by governments and by scientific and industrial organizations. This brings a growing need for ontology expertise and thus for new methods and institutions for the training of ontologists. The 2010 Ontology Summit will explore strategies to address this need in terms of curriculum, establishment of new career tracks, role of ontology support organizations and funding agencies, as well as training in the analysis and comparison of methodologies for designing, maintaining, implementing, testing and applying ontologies and associated tools and resources.     (1E2)
The 2010 Ontology Summit officially begins with today's launch event. We are initiating a series     (1E3)

of topical online discussions, virtual panel sessions, etc. which will take place, virtually, in the next 3 months. All of these will come together with a face-to-face meeting on March 15 & 16 in Gaithersburg, MD, USA at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).     (1E4)

see raw transcript here.     (1E6)

(for better clarity, the version below is a re-organized and lightly edited chat-transcript.)     (1E7)

Participants are welcome to make light edits to their own contributions as they see fit.     (1E8)

-- begin of chat session --     (1E9)

Welcome to the Thu 2009-12-10 Launch Event for Ontology Summit 2010     (1E12)

o Content Track:     (1E16)

o Quality Track:     (1E19)

+ Future: Barry Smith, Nicola Guarino, Fabian Neuhaus     (1E21)

o Professional Context Track:     (1E22)

anonymous morphed into John Schlichter     (1E28)

John Schlichter: What is the URL for the presentation?     (1E29)

JoelNatividad: click on each item enclosed in brackets in Slides bullet     (1E31)

anonymous1 morphed into Meika Ungricht     (1E33)

anonymous2 morphed into Kurt Conrad     (1E34)

anonymous1 morphed into Tracy Safran NCICB/EVS     (1E35)

John Schlichter: has joined the concall.     (1E36)

Laurent morphed into Laurent Liscia     (1E37)

anonymous1 morphed into Rex Brooks     (1E38)

anonymous morphed into Peter B Andersen     (1E39)

anonymous1 morphed into Cameron Ross     (1E40)

Frank Olken: I have joined the conference call.     (1E41)

Frank Olken: Just a reminder to NSF PI's: CISE small proposals are due on Dec. 17, 2009.     (1E42)

anonymous: Elizabeth joined, but I don't know how to enter my name...     (1E43)

Joel Bender: Elizabeth: there is a "settings" button at the top, click it.     (1E44)

Joel Bender: There is an option there for your name.     (1E45)

Elizabeth morphed into Elizabeth Florescu     (1E46)

Arturo Sanchez: @anonymous: press Settings     (1E47)

anonymous morphed into Stuart Turner     (1E48)

anonymous2 morphed into Barry Smith     (1E49)

Mary Brady morphed into Mary Brady     (1E51)

Cameron Ross morphed into Cameron Ross     (1E52)

Bill Hogan morphed into Bill Hogan     (1E53)

anonymous morphed into Pavithra Kenjige     (1E54)

JoelNatividad: Gents, can you confirm that the VNC shared screen is up?     (1E55)

Arturo Sanchez: @JoelNatividad: it seems VNC is not up this time ... ask Peter     (1E57)

Ravi Sharma: Joel, Please put in password after you open the VNC in a new Window some company     (1E58)

firewalls do not allow so download the slides and open them please     (1E59)

Arturo Sanchez: Arturo Sanchez: @JoelNatividad: I take it back ... it is up ...     (1E60)

Tracy Safran NCICB/EVS morphed into Tracy Safran SAIC/EVS     (1E61)

JoelNatividad: @Arturo,Ravi:thanks     (1E62)

Ravi Sharma: Are you able to see this please unmute #3     (1E64)

Peter B Andersen: None of the phone numbers I have tried seems to be correct. Has any one else had     (1E65)

this problem?     (1E66)

John Schlichter: Darn. I missed the intro because I had to answer the door.     (1E67)

Arturo Sanchez: @PeterYim: I hear OK ...     (1E68)

Amanda Vizedom: Steve, you are fading in and out to me     (1E69)

Tracy Safran SAIC/EVS: No problems hearing either of you     (1E70)

John Schlichter: The presenter is hard to hear.     (1E71)

John Schlichter: Peter is easy to hear, but Steve is not.     (1E72)

Peter P. Yim: Barry, we cannot hear you     (1E73)

Barry Smith: I am hearing you, but you seem not to be hearing me.     (1E74)

Ravi Sharma: Barry please press *3     (1E75)

anonymous morphed into My Coyne     (1E78)

Peter P. Yim: we seem to have vnc problem too ... please run the slides on your desktops     (1E79)

Ravi Sharma: Barry: I agree that Ontology basics from different viewpoints should be a common     (1E80)

awareness baseline curriculum.     (1E81)

anonymous morphed into Boris Shvedin     (1E83)

John Schlichter: Barry commented that ontology should not be confused with semiotics or     (1E84)

Wittgenstein-ian language games. Should it not be confused with phenomenology as well, or is that a     (1E85)

relevant intellectual history?     (1E86)

Ravi Sharma: Barry: However I am not in favor of restricting the access to ontolog forum except by     (1E87)

whatever moderation that peter so kindly provides. We have to laud Peter's efforts at keeping the     (1E88)

forum transparent and open to the World at large. What perhaps you are meaning is that those who     (1E89)

claim some certification etc can have a more restricted forum such as certified ontologists. I have     (1E90)

for example no formal training in Ontology and i am happy to operate in open forum. If I submit a     (1E91)

paper, it has to be refereed etc and there are mechanisms to restrict or filter contributions. I     (1E92)

recommend to keep Ontolog Forum Open.     (1E93)

Ravi Sharma: Peter: please update VNC     (1E94)

Ravi Sharma: Arturo: we have to search and explore and interpret different curriculae which most     (1E95)

likely often are part of some domain based curriculae and also combine them with onto specific     (1E96)

curriculae to get a canvas of current state.     (1E97)

Amanda Vizedom: Don't worry, John and Ravi -- there will be *plenty* of discussion about what the     (1E98)

content, measures, and delivery of ontological competence are & should be. Barry shared his     (1E99)

motivation with us, but it is important for all to know that motivations across the Organizing     (1E100)

Committee are quite varied, and all expect similar variation among participants. I hope that we can     (1E101)

discuss these, but also - essentially - move past them to make progress on the training/education     (1E102)

development goals we have in common.     (1E103)

Ravi Sharma: Leo and Mike: Why are you excluding a Ph.D. Program in Ontology whether it is coupled     (1E104)

with knowledge type adjectives?     (1E105)

anonymous morphed into Jeff Abbott     (1E106)

John Schlichter: Amanda: thanks. Just trying to orient my listening.     (1E108)

JoelNatividad: Peter, Steve: I can hear Steve quite well     (1E109)

JoelNatividad: Perhaps, its on your end     (1E110)

Bart Gajderowicz: I hear the static as well.     (1E111)

Bruce Bray: no problem hearing Steve from my end     (1E112)

John Schlichter: I can hear everyone fine now.     (1E113)

Rex Brooks: I'm also having no trouble hearing Steve.     (1E114)

John Schlichter: Well, the presenter just disapeared.     (1E115)

Cameron Ross: A lot of baseline static here.     (1E116)

My Coyne: Now, I cannot hear anything..     (1E117)

Elizabeth Florescu: it seems that the line got cut????     (1E118)

GaryBergCross: I can hear everyone.     (1E119)

Rex Brooks: I'm now also not hearing anyone but Peter, Frank and a few others.     (1E120)

Steve Ray: I've lost contact also.     (1E121)

My Coyne: Yes I can hear steve     (1E122)

Steve Ray: Can't hear Arturo.     (1E123)

Arturo Sanchez: Can you hear me??     (1E124)

Bart Gajderowicz: The static just disappeared for me as well.     (1E126)

John Schlichter: I seem to hear everyone except Arturo.     (1E127)

Steve Ray: Can't hear Arturo     (1E128)

Frank Olken: I can hear Steve Ray, Peter Yim, Michael Gruninger, .... but not Arturo.     (1E129)

Ravi Sharma: Barry: can you hear steve?     (1E130)

Arturo Sanchez: It seems I need to call again ... move to another track ...     (1E131)

Michael Grüninger: @Ravi: We are not exlcuding PhD programme; that was a small oversight in the     (1E132)

Ravi Sharma: Mike: We need Domain based such as Supply chain, Mfg, Financial and other practical     (1E134)

domains clinical practices and also professional tracks such as biology, medicine , physics etc.     (1E135)

JoelNatividad: +1 to Ravi's point about domains. Also, what about work on standardizing     (1E136)

domain-specific upper ontologies     (1E137)

Michael Grüninger: @Ravi : Yes, I mentioned the notion of streams for industrial application areas at     (1E138)

the end of my presentation (although it wasn't explicitly on the slides)     (1E139)

Steve Ray: Barry is now presenting.     (1E140)

Bart Gajderowicz: Which slides / page is Barry presenting from?     (1E141)

Steve Ray: Barry is on slide #2     (1E142)

Arturo Sanchez: I am back ... I can hear Barry ... but need to check if people will be able to hear     (1E143)

me ... let me know ...     (1E144)

OntologySummit2010-Launch_Quality-Track--BarrySmith-NicolaGuarino-FabianNeuhaus_20091210     (1E146)

JoelNatividad: @Bart:     (1E147)

Steve Ray: Arturo, I will introduce you once Barry is finished.     (1E150)

Ravi Sharma: Peter VNC does not work?     (1E152)

anonymous morphed into JulitaBermejoAlonso     (1E153)

OntologySummit2010-Launch_Present-Curricular-Quality-Tracks--ArturoSanchez-AntonyGalton_20091210.pdf     (1E155)

Amanda Vizedom: @John. Roger that. I would hate for anyone to think that they should not contribute,     (1E156)

or stick with the Summit over the next few months, because of disagreement with Barry's position (he     (1E157)

will be the first to say it is a controversial one). The work we will be doing over the duration of     (1E158)

the summit is fundamentally critical and collaborative. IMNSHO, the breadth and depth of that     (1E159)

critical collaboration is essential. Diversity of experience is a significant factor in whether the     (1E160)

Summit produces something that moves the field of ontology forward.     (1E161)

Ravi Sharma: Barry: I think we have concentrated effectively on creating a practice out of what was     (1E163)

earlier very spotty presence encompassing almost many many disciplines, e.g. philosophy, math,     (1E164)

physics, computer logic, bio, various other communities including search and discovery, databases     (1E165)

people from many walks. Your efforts are praiseworthy to create an academic and professional     (1E166)

certification tracks and hopefully these will be recognized by academic bodies to design new     (1E167)

curriculae around them.     (1E168)

Arturo Sanchez: @RaviSharma: thank you Ravi ... in your suggestion you are mixing present with     (1E169)

future. The stance we propose we take is to first see what is out there, and also propose what we     (1E170)

think should be out there ... your point is well taken     (1E171)

anonymous morphed into Matthew Lange     (1E172)

John Schlichter: Amanda: I don't find Barry's thesis controversial. I prefer learning to being right.     (1E173)

I appreciate a distinction between ontology as metaphysics and ontology information science. The     (1E174)

latter grew from the former. In this regard, I wonder what Barry's comment meant that we should     (1E175)

disregard "irrelevant philosophical games".     (1E176)

JoelNatividad: @Amanda: I have so many war stories being a practitioner. Can you share your contact     (1E177)

Ravi Sharma: Amanda: Yes I agree, today we have to search for people today by first knowing whether     (1E179)

they have worked with known institutions, tools or individuals, and now I have view access to your     (1E180)

slides, I agree with your slides. However do you not agree that we have to have a roadmap or canvas     (1E181)

of knowledge-ontology-science-logic-philosophy&logic etc and practices from DARPA, Europe and Other     (1E182)

US Knowledge initaitives from multiple dimensions, then we can also create strategies for where the     (1E183)

gaps are needs are and where the efforts should be.     (1E184)

John Schlichter: Ontology is taught in some universities as Philosophy. This is less the case in     (1E185)

America, which has sucumbed to the Analytic school and focuses on language games, and used to be     (1E186)

more common in Europe (Continental Philosophy). This developed into very practical scientific     (1E187)

methods for practicing ontology. Thus there are already relevant curriculums.     (1E188)

anonymous morphed into Ed Dodds     (1E189)

Rex Brooks: Don't we need to understand the marketplace in the sense of educating that marketplace     (1E190)

about the potential value of ontologists?     (1E191)

Amanda Vizedom: @Joel Yes, and a tip for you and others looking for Ontolog member contact info:     (1E192)

Looking at the Wiki page for the session, you'll see that many names are hyperlinks. Click on the     (1E193)

name and you will get the person's profile. Many folks, including me, have contact info on there     (1E194)

(slightly obfuscated to prevent spambot harvesting).     (1E195)

Ravi Sharma: Elizabeth and Peter: Do you think a narrative section or some comment section for     (1E196)

justifying or explaining the rationale for their choices on this questionaire would provide     (1E197)

reasoning tracking capability of their answers?     (1E198)

Rex Brooks: Who is the audience and are they ready to understand the value of ontology?     (1E199)

Ravi Sharma: Elizabeth & Peter: explaining reasoning is important to create a case based reasoning     (1E200)

type automation for the future ontology analyses.     (1E201)

Rex Brooks: Yes that was addressed to the speaker.     (1E202)

Rex Brooks: How can a questionnaire help us understand this readiness.     (1E203)

Peter P. Yim: @Amanda: one interesting question would be ... "how are expectations from ontologists     (1E204)

different from those of knowledge engineers of the past?"     (1E205)

knowledge engineer 

Ravi Sharma: Rex: I think it at least starts with peergroup capture of current state of ontology     (1E206)

training and curriculum awareness.     (1E207)

Rex Brooks: I accept that, Ravi, but we also need to push it out beyond that.     (1E208)

Elizabeth Florescu: to Ravi Sharma: yes, the reasoning adds a lot of information on the present and     (1E209)

future developments     (1E210)

Elizabeth Florescu: to Rex Brooks: the audience at this point is the ontology community itself; but     (1E211)

the results, digested and integrated in the final document will be directed to the audience of this     (1E212)

summit's audience     (1E213)

Ravi Sharma: Amanda: thanks, I agree we will have more time to discus these during this period.     (1E214)

Ravi Sharma: Peter: What are the different ways such as articles, presentations, by which we can     (1E215)

participate and contribute to this summit from now on?     (1E216)

Bonnie Swart: Shouldn't we have an "ontology professional" ontology? We could model each track's     (1E217)

topics from the perspective of the ontologist: education, certification, skills, employers and     (1E218)

organizations, projects, etc.     (1E219)

Ravi Sharma: Bonnie great idea. I agree even if do not have a full solution, at least it will demo     (1E220)

power of logic and relationships.     (1E221)

Ed Dodds: For building the "value case", analysts at institutional investment houses need to be     (1E222)

targeted for education so that firms recognized as utilizing ontologies will be seen as more     (1E223)

efficient (and then, by extension, more profitable).     (1E224)

Arturo Sanchez: @BonnieSwart: good point Bonnie! We actually talked about that and started putting a     (1E225)

draft concept map together. We invested much time in trying to come to agree on names for concepts     (1E226)

and relationships, and realized that for the purpose of eliciting the structure of the summit it was     (1E227)

probably an over-kill. However, if you are interested, this would be a neat and useful contribution.     (1E228)

Are you willing to contribute with this?     (1E229)

Ravi Sharma: Rex: Peergroup input and technology forecasting methods such as old DELPHI etc? this     (1E230)

certainly needs to capture reasoning behind practicing professionals logic and reasoning in     (1E231)

depicting current and future projections.     (1E232)

Terry Longstreth: @Ravi&Bonnie; sounds like could become an ACM Special Interest Group (SIGONTO?)     (1E233)

Ravi Sharma: Arturo:I would like to provide inputs to this effort and collaborate.     (1E234)

Amanda Vizedom: @John: Like Barry, I am a philosopher by training. As you may guess, we might be seen     (1E235)

as representing very different schools of thought (and, I believe, different subfields). We share a     (1E236)

deep commitment to formal correctness and logical roots. Perhaps as a consequence of different     (1E237)

philosophical stances, we often differ regarding how elements of the working context *should* or     (1E238)

  • should not* change the very nature of quality and correctness generally, and the skills needed.     (1E239)

John Schlichter: Examples where ontology is being used? How about analysis of cyber activity and     (1E240)

social networks to gauge intentions and threats?     (1E241)

Ravi Sharma: Great comment from the speaker(?) the very observation disturbs the experiment's current     (1E242)

state, except for thought experiments of Einstein?     (1E243)

Amanda Vizedom: A side effect of the Professional Context survey might well be a better sense of the     (1E244)

running projects that use ontology.     (1E245)

John Schlichter: Amanda: Like you and barry, I too am a philosopher by training. Also am a management     (1E246)

consultant by training and vocation. Ontology became an operational science in the 1930's with works     (1E247)

like Husserl's "Crisis of the European Sciences" which outlined the phenomenological technique as     (1E248)

the foundation of modern science. Those are the techniques that have evolved into ontology as     (1E249)

information science focusing on the formal representation of a set of concepts within a domain and     (1E250)

the relationships between those concepts.     (1E251)

JoelNatividad: Another example: We're using it for semantic integration at a major pharma of several     (1E252)

datasources - think of it as Enterprise Application Integration 2.0 (3.0?)     (1E253)

Bonnie Swart: @ Arturo & Ravi: Yes, I'd be happy to collaborate with Ravi and anyone else who would     (1E254)

be interested in creating an ontologist ontology. (My very first ontology was an "ontology"     (1E255)

ontology, so there's a neat alignment with the idea of building an "ontologist" ontology!)     (1E256)

Ravi Sharma: Barry and Amanda: There are many Ontology based applications in Bio, Bioinformatics     (1E257)

(genetics) and Medicine (SNOMED) and many new initiatives in NIC, NIH etc. But I feel even there we     (1E258)

do not clearly understand how to integrate or interoperate different levels or cross ontology     (1E259)

practices?     (1E260)

Ed Dodds: There are many business folks who understand the value of taxonomies -- and I think can be     (1E261)

persuaded that, by analog, ontologies will be beneficial.     (1E262)

John Schlichter: To Barry's original point, a way to advance ontology is to distinguish what ontology     (1E263)

Ravi Sharma: Yes Thanks Peter.     (1E265)

Amanda Vizedom: @EdDodds -- Indeed! As I learned at Taxonomy Boot Camp a few weeks ago, and learned     (1E266)

much about the road from there. I was pleased to learn of the extent to which folks in that world     (1E267)

are reaching up the semantic spectrum on their own.     (1E268)

Arturo Sanchez: @Bonnie & Ravi: great! Please, do collaborate on that ... and--if you do not     (1E269)

mind--keep me in the loop as I am very interested in the exercise ... my contact is on the slides I     (1E270)

presented today and also on my Ontolog entry. I also see Ravi's contact at his Ontolog entry, but do     (1E271)

not see yours.     (1E272)

Ed Dodds: The push toward international accounting standards, xbrl is a current situation which can     (1E273)

be used as a teaching example of a community becoming aware of the utility of a standardized     (1E274)

taxonomy/description approach.     (1E275)

Bonnie Swart: @John: one of the first topics I address when introducing any ontology-based idea is     (1E276)

titled "What is an Ontology and, More Importantly, What isn't".     (1E277)

Tracy Safran SAIC/EVS: Is there a central wiki with information on people/projects/training?     (1E278)

John Schlichter: @Bonnie: do you have a presentation on that topic?     (1E279)

Bonnie Swart: @John: not really; I usually address the "What isn't" part in one or two slides,     (1E280)

tailored to a specific audience.     (1E281)

Ravi Sharma: Arturo: Thanks and Steve Ray many thanks.     (1E282)

Ravi Sharma: Also Barry many thanks.     (1E283)

Arturo Sanchez: @Ravi: my pleasure.     (1E284)

Bonnie Swart: @Arturo: I keep forgetting to update my wiki page -- I'll put my info up later today.     (1E285)

John Schlichter: @Amanda: thanks. Please connect with me at jschlichter-at-opmexperts.com.     (1E286)

Amanda Vizedom: @Bonnie, Ravi, John: Yes. It's important to know, though, that many people have     (1E287)

advanced such models, mostly based on a particular theory or opinion exclusively. We need the     (1E288)

critical collaboration to get a more informed answer.     (1E289)

Arturo Sanchez: @Bonnie&Ravi: Great! look forward to cooperating with both of you     (1E290)

JoelNatividad: @Peter: To the wiki question, will there be a new purple wiki using PMWX/SMW (as a     (1E291)

sem wiki advocate) for the initiative?     (1E292)

Peter P. Yim: @Joel ... yes, PSMW (purple semantic media wiki) ... that's the plan ... Ken Baclawski's     (1E293)

team (NEU) and my team (CIM3) are working on content migration now     (1E294)

Steve Ray: Thanks for your participation. Talk to you all soon.     (1E295)

Arturo Sanchez: @all: gotta go now ... great session ... thanks y'all     (1E296)

Peter P. Yim: Thank you, everyone ... great session ... bye!     (1E297)

JoelNatividad: plaudits to all the speakers, and especially to Peter!     (1E298)

-- end of chat session --     (1E300)

  • ... More Questions     (1E301)
    • For those who have further questions or remarks on the topic, please post them to the [ontology-summit] so that everyone in the community can benefit from the discourse ... or, see the next section (below) on how you can participate, if you aren't already a member of the community.)     (1E301A)
  • Please mark your calendars - next session (same time next Thursday): Thu 2009.12.17 - Ontology Summit 2010 virtual panel session-1: Surveying the Landscape and the Possibilities - developing agenda will be at: ConferenceCall_2009_12_17     (1E302)

An Open Invitation     (1F)

If you do find this initiative interesting or useful, we cordially invite you to join us in the "Ontology Summit 2010" virtual discourse that will be taking place in the next 3 months or so, and to the face-to-face workshop that will be held on 15 & 16-March-2010 as part of the NIST Interoperability Week in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA.     (1F1)

  • Join us at some of the upcoming virtual panel discussion (on the Ontolog Forum) on this year's summit topics. Watch for the announcements!     (1F3)
  • Registration for the face-to-face workshop (Mon & Tue 2009.03.15 & 16) will be announced later. Please be on the look out for it!     (1F4)

Audio Recording of this Session     (1G)

(the recording below represents the raw audio file; due to the glitches we had with the conferencing system, this recording will need to be further edited and cleaned up, when we can get around to it.)     (1G1)

  • suggestion: its best that you listen to the session while having the slide presentation opened in front of you. You'll be prompted to advance slides by the speaker.     (1G6)
  • Take a look, also, at the rich body of knowledge that this community has built together, over the years, by going through the archives of noteworthy past Ontolog events. (References on how to subscribe to our podcast can also be found there.)     (1G7)

For the record ...     (1G8)

How To Join (while the session is in progress)     (1H)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1H4)