From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

UpperOntologySummit - Organizing Committee Conference Call 2006-03-02     (1)

Call Details     (1A)

Attendees     (1B)

Agenda (items to be discussed) Ideas     (1C)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E)

1) Welcome & confirmation of agenda     (1E1)

2) Appointment of secretary to take minutes     (1E3)

3) Roll-call of participants - see above     (1E5)

4) Urgent matters to be attended to     (1E6)

  • get from them: -- Steve will also post this to the [uos-convene] list; only require responses from the 'custodians'     (1E8)
    • the brief high level characterization of their UO     (1E8A)
    • statement of what they think are the most promising opportunties and the challenges to knowledge transfer between theirs and other UO's, and how they can tackle those challenges.     (1E8B)

5) Communications, logistics, & work protocols issues     (1E9)

  • Steve: as of yesterday, 30 people have registered for the UOS Panel Meeting     (1E10)
  • NIST will be providing the recording and the transcript     (1E12)
    • we will need to plug a cassette in every now and then (which we need to monitor) - Peter & Steve will do it     (1E12A)

This is the list of publications that will be invited (to date)     (1E13)

  • Discussions on [uos-convene] to start urgently - three goals:     (1E34)
    • (i) get a technical solution that all would agree on - Pat to drive     (1E34A)
    • (ii) get the joint comminique drafted - Pat & Leo to drive     (1E34B)
    • (iii) get the agenda for those meeting build out - chair of each meeting will drive that (attn: Leo, Brand & Steve)     (1E34C)
    • the uos-org members need to coordinate and help move things forward - ALL     (1E34D)
  • One paragraph descrption of the meeting - attn: Leo & Brand     (1E35)
  • plan and lay out agenda of all 3 meetings - attn: Leo, Brand & Steve     (1E36)
  • Peter to setup the wiki session pages for each of the 3 sessions     (1E37)
    • noting that the Tuesday (3/14) morning and afternoon sessions are part of the same meeting     (1E37A)
  • do a (possibly a series) of conference call with all [uos-convene] participants - Steve to call     (1E38)
  • coordinate publicity; get consensus from all to be interviewed - Steve     (1E39)
  • coordinate "co-sponsorship"; get confirmation from all parties involved - Peter     (1E40)
  • coordinate FOIS deliverable and get slot on FOIS agenda - Leo     (1E41)
  • provide input on the "one line statement" of the UOS mission/goal above - ALL     (1E42)
    • finalize before the first [uos-convene] conference call (hopefully)     (1E42A)
  • Travel Funding     (1E43)
    • re-visit travel funding for Aldo (we left it off at: we'll be prepared to have Aldo attend remotely unless things change)     (1E43A)

7) Status review and ongoing discussions     (1E47)

Develop the mechanism and resources to relate existing upper ontologies to     (1E51)

each other in a manner that will increase reuse of knowledge among them, and thereby     (1E52)

facilitate semantic interoperability among other ontologies that are linked to them.     (1E53)

We want to let the world know that the technology is converging and is poised     (1E54)

for commercial exploitation.     (1E55)

8) New Issues discussed:     (1E56)

    • FHA is asking to bring Ontology into their data architecture work - and is willing to do a pilot on that     (1E61A)
    • it's not going to help us if we keep identifying differences between upper and domain ontologies     (1E61B)
    • cast UO as an indispensable part of infrastructure     (1E61C)
    • Leo: we should not compromise our focus of this event as the 'upper ontology' summit     (1E61D)
    • Peter / Steve / Pat: we need an overview piece on 3/15 pm, a spoke person, presenting a jointly contributed piece     (1E61E)

9) Action Items     (1E62)

10) Next meeting date and adjournment     (1E63)

  • Next call will be on Thu 2006.03.09 at 12:30 pm PST / 3:30pm EST (as usual)     (1E64)

minutes captured in real time on this wiki by Peter P. Yim / 2006.03.02-2:05 pm PST     (1E67)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1E68)