From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

Ontology Summit 2014: Getting Organized     (1)

This is a scratch workspace for the organization, coordination and planning of OntologySummit2014.     (1A)

Theme: Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology     (1B)

9th in the series of a 3-month open annual event by and for the Ontology Community. This Summit is co-organized by Ontolog, NIST, NCOR, NCBO, IAOA & NCO_NITRD     (1B1)

ref. OntologySummit     (1B2)

Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee Meetings     (1B16)



Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.11) - Fri 2014.04.18     (1C)

Conference call details:     (1C1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1C9)

[ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:09:49 ; mp3 ; 11.99 MB )     (1C9A)

  • preparation for virtual session-15 of Thu 2014.04.24 (the last one before the Symposium)     (1C9F)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1C9J)
    • this is likely our last organizing committee meeting before the Symposium. We will have an open (community) session on Thu 2014.04.24 right before the Symposium for "Final Symposium preparation and logistics," would be great if all organizing committee members will be able to join us at that session.     (1C9J1)
    • we have a Summit post-mortem community session scheduled for Thu 2014.05.15 ... we can decide whether we need or want another organizing committee between the Symposium and that postmortem session either on Apr-24 or during the Symposium.     (1C9J2)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1C9J3)

session adjourned: 9:16 am PDT     (1C9K)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.04.18 11.31am PDT     (1C9M)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1C9N)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.10) - Fri 2014.04.04     (1D)

Conference call details:     (1D1)

  • Add your Agenda Ideas and anything you want discussed at this meeting below:     (1D8)
    • process for drafting of the Communique and the (Apr-10) session-13: "Communique Draft Review" preparation     (1D8A)
    • Symposium details and Status Review     (1D8B)
    • Ram D. Sriram: presenting Ontology Summit 2014 results at the The Second ASE International Conference on Big Data Science and Computing (BigDataScience - Stanford, CA, USA, May 27 - May 31, 2014)     (1D8C)
      • Paper Publication opportunity: note that for the above Conference, the top 2% accepted papers will be submitted to the ASE Science Journal. The rest of accepted papers will be submitted to the ASE Open Scientific Digital Library.     (1D8C1)
    • stock items: progress and status review     (1D8D)
    • ... (add yours)     (1D8E)
    • Any other business     (1D8F)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1D9)

[ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 0:58:56 ; mp3 ; 10.12 MB )     (1D9A)

  • (Outreach and Publication Opportunity) RamSriram: presenting Ontology Summit 2014 results at the The Second ASE International Conference on Big Data Science and Computing (BigDataScience - Stanford, CA, USA, May 27 - May 31, 2014)     (1D9E)
    • Paper Publication opportunity: note that for the above Conference, the top 2% accepted papers will be submitted to the ASE Science Journal. The rest of accepted papers will be submitted to the ASE Open Scientific Digital Library.     (1D9E1)
    • [consensus/action] Ram D. Sriram will work on this and represent us to speak about Ontology Summit 2014 results at this Conference     (1D9E2)
  • Decision, Consensus & Action items     (1D9I)
    • [action-Hackathon-Leads] [8:22] Michael Grüninger: We should invite each Hackathon project leader to submit a few brief comments/observations on how the results of their project impacts the themes of the Summit in general and the content of the Communique in particular     (1D9I1)
      • [8:26] Amanda Vizedom: Michael [8:22] I would suggest not just *impacts*, but relates to or addresses. That is, some of the projects are directed specifically at one or more of the major themes and specific, emergent issues from the session discussions. This is something that may be obvious internally within project discussions, but not yet expressed so as to be clear to others.     (1D9I1A)
      • [8:32] Peter P. Yim: +1 with Amanda's point ... two different deliverables from Hackathon Project Leads, hopefully - (i) nuggets that will impact the Communique (ref. [8:22] MichaelGruninger), and (ii) a more extensive documentation and report (ref. [8:09] [8:11] AmandaVizedom)     (1D9I1B)
    • [action-RamSriram] [8:36] [consensus] Ram will represents us and present at the The Second ASE International Conference on Big Data Science and Computing     (1D9I2)
    • [action-TimFinin-RamSriram] [8:53] Tim and Ram will work offline, and aim at publishing the agenda next week     (1D9I3)
    • [action-TimFinin-RamSriram-AmandaVizedom] [8:55] Tim and Ram will be on point to decide on the group dinner ... Amanda will help make suggestions     (1D9I4)
    • [action-Track-ABCDE-Champions] [9:01] Michael Grüninger: Asking the Track Champions to invite speakers from their sessions to upload any ontologies that were discussed/presented during the session (if possible)     (1D9I5)
    • [action-MichaelGruninger ]will email Mark Fox to upload his ontology to the ontohub repository - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014/GettingOrganized#nid4BLO     (1D9I6)
    • [action-AmandaVizedom] [9:01] After catching up with Ram D. Sriram, Amanda Vizedom will make an outreach blast looking specifically for Symposium sponsors.     (1D9I7)
    • [action-LeoObrst] Leo will write to the Ontology Summit Advisors and invite them to join us at the next couple of weeks' Communique review and discussion sessions     (1D9I8)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1D9J)
    • Meeting n.11 - Friday 2014.04.18 - 1.5-Hrs - starting 11:00am EDT / 5:00pm CEST / 4:00pm BST / 12:00 noon ART / 11:00pm HKT / 15:00 UTC     (1D9J1)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1D9J2)

session adjourned: 9:02 am PDT     (1D9K)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.04.07 9:03pm PDT     (1D9M)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1D9N)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.09) - Fri 2014.03.21     (1E)

Conference call details:     (1E1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1E9)

[ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:07:11 ; mp3 ; 7.69 MB )     (1E9A)

  • preparation for the Synthesis-II session (s12) and the Communique (s13 & s14)     (1E9E)
    • Thu 2014.04.03 - session-12 - Synthesis-II - Technical Tracks and Hackathon - plan & agenda as follows:     (1E9E1)
      • Briefings: Tracks: A, B, C, D, E (Hackathon) - 10 min. each to present track synthesis, and, in particular, their write-up that will be contributed to the composition of the Communique     (1E9E1B)
        • all contribution to Communique are due by Tue 2014.04.01 ... as well as presentation slides, of course     (1E9E1B1)
      • Q&A and Open discussion, with an aim to build consensus on key learnings, recommendations, positions we will adopt as a community, and the contribution we expect this Summit will make     (1E9E1C)
    • Thu 2014.04.10 - session-13 - Communique Review     (1E9E2)
    • Thu 2014.04.17 - session-14 - Communique Finalization     (1E9E3)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1E9K)
    • Meeting n.10 - Friday 2014.04.04 - 1.5-Hrs - 8:00am PDT / 11:00am EDT / 12:00 noon ART / 4:00pm BST / 5:00pm CEST / 11:00pm HKT / 1500 UTC     (1E9K1)
      • ***please pay special attention to the start-time in your time zone (both N.America and Europe are on Daylight Saving Time now; but some regions still stay on Standard Time ***     (1E9K1A)
      • key agenda item will be to ...     (1E9K1B)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1E9K2)

session adjourned: 9:15 am PDT     (1E9L)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.03.21 11:35am PDT     (1E9N)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1E9O)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.08) - Fri 2014.03.07     (1F)

Conference call details:     (1F1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F9)

[ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 0:59:40 ; mp3 ; 10.25 MB )     (1F9A)

  • Symposium planning - registration, speaker/panelist candidates, logistics, group dinner on 4/28, ...     (1F9E)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1F9I)
    • Meeting n.09 - Friday 2014.03.21 - 1.5-Hrs - 11:00am EDT / 8:00am PDT / 4:00pm CET / 12:00noon ART / 11:00pm HKT / 1500 GMT/UTC ***please pay special attention to the start-time in your time zone***     (1F9I1)
    • we will transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ... we will be subscribing all organizing committee members later today; if you don't get the confirmation of that in 4 hours (after this meeting), check your spam folder first, and then contact <peter.yim [at] cim3.com> if necessary     (1F9I2)

session adjourned: 9:06 am PST     (1F9J)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.03.07 9:38am PST     (1F9L)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F9M)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.07) - Fri 2014.02.21     (1G)

Conference call details:     (1G1)

  • Add your Agenda Ideas and anything you want discussed at this meeting below:     (1G8)
    • coordinate speaker invitation - enumerate suggested candidates; assign to session; assign person to contact (if specific champions don't know the candidate, and someone else does)     (1G8A)
    • review status of Hackathon preparation, and make another drive for projects     (1G8B)
    • Symposium planning     (1G8C)
    • stock items and outstanding issues     (1G8D)
    • ... (add yours)     (1G8E)
    • Any other business     (1G8F)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G9)

[ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:22:00 ; mp3 ; 9.39 MB )     (1G9A)

  • Decision, Consensus & Action items     (1G9J)
    • [action-DanBrickley-AnatolyLevenchuk] Feb-27 session-07 details due by end-of-day Sunday 2014.02.23     (1G9J1)
    • [action-SimonSpero] [8:59] Simon Spero to report on any suggested hackathons arising out Triangle Open Data Day this weekend     (1G9J2)
    • [action-RamSriram] [9:02] Ram will arrange an offline meeting for the symposium team next Fri 2014.02.28 - 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST     (1G9J3)
    • [action-MichaelGruninger-LeoObrst] [9:08] Michael & Leo to publish a near-final Communique outline soon     (1G9J4)
    • [action-ALL-session-chairs] All session plan and details are due 2 weeks before session date, please!     (1G9J5)
    • [action-AmandaVizedom] [9:10] Amanda to work on and send out sponsor invitations asap     (1G9J6)
    • [action-LeoObrst] [9:12] Leo to to work on and send out advisor invitations asap     (1G9J7)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1G9K)
    • Meeting n.08 - Friday 2014.03.07 - 1.5-Hrs - starting 8:00am PDT / 11:00am EDT / 1:00pm ART / 4:00pm CET / 11:00pm HKT / 15:00 GMT/UTC     (1G9K1)
      • key agenda item will be to tie down our symposium program and plan     (1G9K1A)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1G9K2)

session adjourned: 9:29 am PST     (1G9L)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.02.21 11:22am PST     (1G9N)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G9O)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.06) - Fri 2014.02.07     (1H)

Conference call details:     (1H1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1H9)

[ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:24:01 ; mp3 ; 9.62 MB )     (1H9A)

  • Decision, Consensus & Action items     (1H9H)
    • [action-ALL-Content-Track-Champions] [8:16] track champions to try to improve on the signal-to-noise on the mailing list, and direct input to the wiki to get higher quality input     (1H9H1)
    • [action-MichaelGruninger] [8:18] Leo and I will send out a note that draws attention to the Community Input pages     (1H9H2)
    • [action-MarcelaVegetti] [8:51] to add a hackathon page and link it from the main page of the public facing website     (1H9H3)
    • [action-DanBrickley] [8:56] Dan Brickley will advise his available dates to speak (at one of the sessions) ... (hope Mar-27 for the Track-D-II session) would work for you, Dan) ... also please post other speaker suggestions too, both from Google and from other people you interact with that is relevant to the Summit goals     (1H9H4)
    • [action-AnatolyLevenchuk-DanBrickley] [8:50/8:51] Track-E will take 5 minutes at the next (Feb-13) Track D session to make a short "presentation/call" to jumpstart the hackathons     (1H9H5)
    • [consensus-ALL] [8:49] Swapping dates for the Synthesis-I and Hackathon session     (1H9H6)
      • Thu 2014.02.20 - session-06 - Synthesis-I; development of Communique table-of-content     (1H9H6A)
      • Thu 2014.02.27 - session-07 - Track E: Hackathon Launch     (1H9H6B)
    • [consensus-ALL] [9:26] we will keep the North American time schedule for the virtual sessions ... there will be 3 weeks where we (esp. our EU friends) need to be doubly careful about time schedule     (1H9H7)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1H9I)
    • Meeting n.07 - Friday 2014.02.21 - 1.5-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1H9I1)
      • key agenda item will be to coordinate speakers and make a drive on hackathon projects     (1H9I1A)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1H9I2)

session adjourned: 9:30 am PST     (1H9J)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.02.07 6:58pm PST     (1H9L)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1H9M)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.05) - Fri 2014.01.24     (1I)

Conference call details:     (1I1)

  • Add your Agenda Ideas and anything you want discussed at this meeting below:     (1I8)
    • progress review - session-02, online discourse, other forms of participation/contribution from Summit participants so far     (1I8A)
    • finalize track/team champions     (1I8B)
    • review preparation on session-03(B), -04(C), -05(D) & -06(E-Hackathon)     (1I8C)
    • tie down action plans for sponsors, advisors, website, public relations and advisor relations     (1I8D)
    • ... (add yours)     (1I8E)
    • Any other business     (1I8F)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1I9)

[ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:38:02 ; mp3 ; 11.22 MB )     (1I9A)

  • Any Other Business     (1I9I)
    • Peter P. Yim: (while I, and hopefully, other on Team-M will still want to do it for everyone) please help make the editing of session chat-transcripts a little easier by: Champions, please help set an example for others     (1I9I1)
      • please use WikiWord names     (1I9I1A)
      • always provide context     (1I9I1B)
      • citing people's full WikiWord names *and* the timestamp (in PST) of his/her post that you are responding to     (1I9I1C)
      • use fully qualified url's (include http:// ) without symbols (like punctuations or parentheses, etc. right next to it)     (1I9I1D)
      • session chairs should review (afterwards and possibly make one more edit iteration - in the interest of timeliness, we will not hold up the first release for this round of edits, though)     (1I9I1E)
    • Michael Grüninger: IAOA is offering a prize for the Hackathon again this year     (1I9I2)
  • next meeting & wrap-up     (1I9K)
    • Meeting n.06 - Friday 2014.02.07 - 1.5-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1I9K1)
      • key agenda item will be to totally tie down any other loose ends and focus effort to roll out a coherent summit program     (1I9K1A)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1I9K2)

session adjourned: 9:39 am PST     (1I9L)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.01.24 00:31 [+1]am PST     (1I9N)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1I9O)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.04) - Fri 2014.01.17     (1J)

Conference call details:     (1J1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1J9)

{{{ [ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:59:50 ; mp3 ; 13.72 MB ) }}}     (1J9A)

  • tie down action plans for sponsors, advisors, website, public relations and advisor relations     (1J9S)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1J9V)
    • Meeting n.05 - Friday 2014.01.24 - 1.5-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1J9V1)
      • key agenda item will be to totally tie down organization structure and co-champions, and establish a master calendar     (1J9V1A)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1J9V2)

session adjourned: 10:09 am PST     (1J9W)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.01.17 10:51am PST     (1J9Y)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1J9Z)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.03) - Fri 2014.01.10     (1K)

Conference call details:     (1K1)

  • Add your Agenda Ideas and anything you want discussed at this meeting below:     (1K8)
    • finalize appointment of organizing committee members and champions     (1K8A)
    • review Track and Team Mission Statements and Work Plans     (1K8B)
    • confirm Master Event Calendar     (1K8C)
    • review preparation for sessions-01, -02 & -03     (1K8D)
    • Any other business     (1K8F)
    • Other items to be discussed:     (1K8G)
      • I still suggest that the General Co-chairs be responsible for Advisor engagement, as the former is responsible for the overall discourse (content, outcome, quality, etc.) and the latter is uniquely qualified to inform and provide support/guidance to that. --PeterYim/2014.01.06     (1K8G1)
      • determine whether "website construction" should be under an independent team, or put under "Track F: Communique and Publications" or "Team P: Public Relations" .... this depends on who is championing these, I suppose. --PeterYim/2014.01.06     (1K8G2)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1K9)

{{{ [ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 2:04:13 ; mp3 ; 14.22 MB ) }}}     (1K9A)

  • Review and finalize session plans for -01, -02 & -03     (1K9P)
    • Thu 2014.01.16 - Launch Event - ConferenceCall_2014_01_16     (1K9P1)
      • ref. last summit's Launch Event program - ConferenceCall_2013_01_17     (1K9P1A)
    • Thu 2014.01.23 - session-02 - Track A: ___ ([co-champion action]: need title, abstract, session plan, speaker name/talk-title/bio-sketch,by Jan-16, talk-abstracts to follow before end-of-week)     (1K9P2)
    • Thu 2014.01.30 - session-03 - Track B: ___ ([co-champion action]: need title, abstract, session plan by Jan-16)     (1K9P3)
  • Preview plans for session-04, -05 & -06     (1K9Q)
    • Thu 2014.02.06 - session-04 - Track C: ___ ([co-champion action]: need title, abstract, session plan by Jan-23)     (1K9Q1)
    • Thu 2014.02.13 - session-05 - Track D: ___ ([co-champion action]: need title, abstract, session plan by Jan-30)     (1K9Q2)
    • Thu 2014.02.20 - session-06 - Track E: Hackathon Launch ([co-champion action]: need work plan by Jan-23)     (1K9Q3)
    • Thu 2014.02.27 - session-07 - Synthesis-I; development of Communique table-of-content     (1K9Q4)
  • Action items, next meeting, wrap-up     (1K9S)
    • Meeting n.04 - Friday 2014.01.17 or 24 - 2-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1K9S1)
      • key agenda item will be to totally tie down organization structure and co-champions, and establish a master calendar     (1K9S1A)
    • Meeting n.05 - Friday 2014.01.31 or 2014.02.07 - 2-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1K9S2)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1K9S3)

session adjourned: 10:08 am PST     (1K9T)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2014.01.10-10:08 am PST     (1K9V)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1K9W)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee conference call (n.02) - Fri 2013.12.13     (1L)

Conference call details:     (1L1)

  • Add your Agenda Ideas and anything you want discussed at this meeting below:     (1L7)
    • confirm key members of the organizing committee     (1L7A)
    • adopt summit & tracks: titles, objectives/goals, scope, write-up, ...     (1L7B)
    • confirm co-champions and roles     (1L7C)
    • establish Master Event Calendar (and major milestones)     (1L7D)
    • tie down plans for: (a) Thu 2014.01.16 Launch Event; (b) Thu 2014.01.23 virtual panel session-01; (c) Thu 2014.01.30 virtual panel session-02.     (1L7E)
    • ... add yours!     (1L7F)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1L8)

{{{ [ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:44:18 ; mp3 ; 11.94 MB ) }}}     (1L8A)

  • Summit title, objectives/goals, scope, writeup - review and adopt     (1L8D)
    • Michael: still working on the writeup ... will post by Monday Dec-16     (1L8D1)
    • Summit title adopted: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meets Applied Ontology"     (1L8D2)
      • "Society" was suggested during the Dec-5 community session, but not taken up     (1L8D2A)
    • symposium co-chair: status update ... still pending     (1L8D3)
  • Invitations for Co-sponsors & Advisors ... discussion postponed!     (1L8F)
  • next meeting, wrap-up     (1L8J)
    • Meeting n.03 - Friday 2014.01.10 - 2-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 0:00[+1] HKT / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1L8J1)
    • Meeting n.04 - Friday 2014.01.17 - 2-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 0:00[+1] HKT / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1L8J2)
      • key agenda item will be to totally tie down Jan-16 Launch Event details, and plans for first virtual two panel sessions (Jan-23 & 30)     (1L8J2A)
    • we will continue to transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ...     (1L8J3)

session adjourned: 9:54 am PST     (1L8K)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2013.12.13 am PST     (1L8M)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1L8N)


Ontology Summit 2014 First Organizing Committee conference call (n.01) - Fri 2013.12.06     (1M)

Conference call details:     (1M1)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1M9)

{{{ [ Audio archives of the meeting ] . ( 1:25:26 ; mp3 ; 9.78 MB ) }}}     (1M9B)

  • Confirming Tracks structure and Track Titles / Scope: - see: slides     (1M9G)
    • Track A: Common Reusable Semantic Content ... candidate titles - Leo: "harvesting existing semantic resources" ... Andrea: "Creating and evolving ontologies from available semantics"     (1M9G1)
      • Identifying ontology patterns in Semantic Web problems     (1M9G1A)
      • What ontologies are required by the Semantic Web applications?     (1M9G1B)
      • If these ontologies are not available in any current ontology repository, how can we engage the applied ontology community to develop them?     (1M9G1C)
      • Can we apply existing analysis techniques to ontologies that are being widely used within the Semantic Web community?     (1M9G1D)
    • Track B: Making use of Ontologies: Tools, Services, and Techniques (was: Reasoning Tools and Techniques)     (1M9G2)
      • How can reasoning tools being developed within the Semantic Web community be applied to the ontologies that are being developed by the applied ontology community?     (1M9G2A)
      • Knowledge acquisition tools.     (1M9G2B)
    • Track C: Overcoming Ontology Engineering Bottlenecks     (1M9G3)
      • Scaling up the design of reusable and exible ontologies     (1M9G3A)
      • Lowering the hurdles for domain experts to use ontologies to publish, retrieve, and integrate data.     (1M9G3B)
    • Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data     (1M9G4)
      • Problems that require the integration of data from many sources.     (1M9G4A)
      • Techniques that (semi-) automatically map a given data set into a semantic representation using a given ontology.     (1M9G4B)
      • (added) semantic techniques for data analytics     (1M9G4C)
      • (Amanda: I see this as including these issues multi-lingualism/cross-lingualism/localization; what Jim Hendler calls #broaddata, and issues of provenance specification and tracking.)     (1M9G4D)
  • Identify Deliverables for each of the track chairs (as well as overall summit)     (1M9J)
  • preview (mainly for the next meeting): thoughts/prep on Jan-23 and Jan-30 virtual sessions (so that we can start preparing, inviting panelists for these first three virtual sessions) ...     (1M9L)
  • Action items, next meeting, wrap-up     (1M9M)
    • Meeting n.02 - Friday 2013.12.13 - 2-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1M9M1)
      • key agenda item will be to totally tie down organization structure and co-champions, and establish a master calendar     (1M9M1A)
    • Meeting n.03 - Friday 2014.01.10 - 2-Hrs - starting 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET / 16:00 GMT/UTC     (1M9M2)
    • we will transact via the [ontology-summit-org] mailing list in the mean time ... we will be subscribing all organizing committee members later today; if you don't get the confirmation of that in 4 hours (after this meeting), check your spam folder first, and then contact <peter.yim [at] cim3.com> if necessary     (1M9M3)

session adjourned: 8:00am PST     (1M9N)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2013.12.06 am PST     (1M9P)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1M9Q)


Ontology Summit 2014 Organizing Committee: basics, logistics and some ground rules of engagement     (1M10)

  • we are here to get things organized; to frame, coordinate and discuss how we can facilitate the discourse, with an aim towards getting the best outcome from the Summit season; optimizing that against the goals and objectives laid out for this year's summit theme - i.e. Ontology Summit 2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"     (1M10A)
    • make distinction between your "organizer" role and your "content expert" role, both are important - but at the ontology-summit-org organizing committee, you are wearing the "organizer" hat; please segregate that from your "content expert" hat (which most of us will also also wear, say, when it comes to rolling out the content that you are championing.)     (1M10A1)
    • no (read: try to absolutely minimize) "content discussions" at the organizing committee meetings, please. We are here to do the meta-discussion on how to frame, coordinate and facilitate the discourse, and discuss "how" to produce an optimal outcome; the content discussions should be done via posting to the [ontology-summit] list (not the [ontology-summit-org] list), dedicated wiki "content pages" and at the Thursday virtual panel sessions.     (1M10A2)
  • we need to be a very agile team ... as such, try to provide a quick turn-around on email exchanges. A 4-hour turn-around window would be a good target. A 1 working day (8-Hr) or 24-elapse time response limit is appreciated from everyone (if you don't have a full response and as a courtesy to your teammate(s), at least provide an acknowledgment and an ETA for the full answer, or a release for the others to go ahead.)     (1M10B)
    • past that limit, people might just choose to call or forge ahead if the response is still missing     (1M10B1)
    • try to provide alternate means of contact (e.g. mobile phone number) to people you are collaborating closely with     (1M10B2)
  • for continuity, please try to be at all sessions (or at least your fellow co-champion is there, if you have a pair/team partner)     (1M10C)
    • all organizing committee members are committed to not missing more than 2 organizing committee meetings or community sessions; excessive unexcused absence may be cause for (or indicative of) withdrawal from the committee.     (1M10C1)
  • since things are so interrelated, please always discuss/transact on the mailing list, so that everyone is kept posted, and in sync     (1M10D)
    • use proper subject line, and prefix in square brackets to help discern topics     (1M10D1)
  • to allow us to freely speak our minds (without getting those utterances caught by search engine crawlers and the like) the [ontology-summit-org] message archives and shared-file workspace are password protected. You should have been informed of the role-based access credentials already if you are an organizing committee member. In case you missed them, please contact <peter.yim@cim3.com>. ... by the way, please do not share those credentials with others.     (1M10E)
  • Being able to have read and write access to the mailing list messages are crucial. In case you have trouble with that, please contact <peter.yim@cim3.com> asap.     (1M10F)
    • if you are new on the list, it might help if you check you spam folders first, because the distributed messages may inadvertently be caught by your spam filter.     (1M10F1)
    • please provide <peter.yim@cim3.com> with aliases (if you might post from that address); multiple subscription addresses too, if necessary.     (1M10F2)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1M10H)