From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Monday 21-Apr-2008     (1)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • Steve: have Ken Baclawski, who will be the point person for the Mon 4/28 "Demo Evening" to join us and talk about the arrangements for that segment     (1E1)
  • status review and action plans for the online discourse     (1E2)
  • draft communique preparation status     (1E3)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1E4)
  • Peter: what are we expecting to cover at this Thursday's final summit F2F organizer/participant sync-up call - ConferenceCall_2008_04_24     (1E5)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E6)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

  • note that we have a hard stop at 1:30pm PDT / 4:30pm EDT as the Content Committee will be having their weekly call then. Which mean we have to finish this call in 1 hour or less.     (1G5)

2. Roll Call:     (1G6)

3. Status / Discussion of developing issues:     (1G8)

  • issues with registration - Deborah MG     (1G10)
    • Steve to send message out about late registration [attn: Peter to send action reminder to Steve]     (1G10A)
  • "Demo evening" - we will feature this as a casual evening event at the hotel on Mon 2008.04.28; participants can sign up to give demonstration of their current Ontology repository and registry work, or just spend the time to see those demos or network with other participants. NIST will pay for the room. No coffee or refreshment (as things stand.)     (1G14)
    • champion - besides Frank (who would have been ideal) ... let's try Ken Baclawski who is also on the logistics committee -- Steve will contact Ken on this - Ken confirmed!     (1G14A)
    • Peter will set up a wiki page that interested parties (who have a demo to make) could sign up on - Ken has this started already - see: OntologySummit2008_Demonstrations     (1G14B)
    • Ken Baclawski who will be the point person for the Mon 4/29 "Demo Evening" is joining us at this call to talk about the arrangements for that segment     (1G14C)
    • anyone who has registered by Fri 4/25 will get time allocated to the projector - more like 5~10 minute slots; preference given to live demos rather than slide-demos;     (1G14D)
  • Michelle / Peter: (ref. new rulings at NIST, coffee will not be served for the workshop; but people could buy themselves coffee at the cafeteria, which is close enough to the meeting venue) maybe we could get a sponsor to sponsor the coffee etc. <-- agreed that we'll try to conclude by this organizing committee call     (1G15)
    • decided we'll just have people buy their own coffee or refreshments from the cafeteria themselves (it will be just across the hall.)     (1G15A)
  • Registration deadlines!     (1G16)
    • Steve: hotel (reduced rate rooms) cut-off Sun 2008.04.13; NIST pre-registration closes on Mon 2008.04.21     (1G16A)
    • Steve will reserve dinner (table of 20 at Ike Ban) for Monday     (1G16B)
  • what are we expecting to cover at this Thursday's final summit F2F organizer/participant sync-up call - ConferenceCall_2008_04_24     (1G19)

5. New Issues:     (1G20)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G21)

7. Action items:     (1G22)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G23)

  • next meeting, the last before the face-to-face will be on Thu 2008.04.24 - ~1.5Hr. starting 10:30pm PDT / 1:30pm EDT     (1G24)
    • ref. 2008_04_24 - Thursday: meeting slot reserved for final Ontology Summit 2008 workshop preparation and sync-up (among all organizers and participants) - ConferenceCall_2008_04_24        (1G24A)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.04.21-1:30pm PDT     (1G27)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G28)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G29)