From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Thursday 14-Apr-2008     (1)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • postmortem on the 4/10 OOR-Panel sessions and review preparation status for the upcoming one on 4/10     (1E1)
  • status review on the F2F-workshop planning and preparation - review agenda     (1E2)
  • make decision on whether or not we will feature demos at the F2F - if so, identify champion; announce and solicit participants (who will be showing demos)     (1E3)
  • status review and action plans for the online discourse     (1E4)
  • draft communique preparation status     (1E5)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1E6)
  • Peter: have set aside the Thursday Ontolog ConferenceCall_2008_04_24 regular time slot for final sync-up for summit organizers and participants. Do we need this? ...     (1E7)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E8)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

  • note that we have a hard stop at 1:30pm PDT / 4:30pm EDT as the Content Committee will be having their weekly call then. Which mean we have to finish this call in 1 hour or less.     (1G5)

2. Roll Call:     (1G6)

3. Status / Discussion of developing issues:     (1G8)

  • Outstanding Issue Update: (from last call)     (1G9)
    • submit last year's communique to Applied Ontologies Journal [attn: Steve] - Steve contacted Michael Grüninger who will be working on it     (1G9A)
    • (from last week): Leo and Steve will try to provide input by last Tue, suggest we give Michael a go ahead even if there is no input.     (1G9B)
    • Peter: suggested Steve Ray to be included as co-author, but Steve worried that this may take too long to clear NIST, and suggested that the organizers (which include him) be mentioned in the paper instead     (1G9C)
    • Peter: I'll try to follow-up with Michael at the next call (assuming he is coming)     (1G9D)
  • status review of the online discourse     (1G12)
    • refer to content committee call proceedings     (1G12A)
    • still need to get some of these thoughts into the summary pages ... Michelle will follow-up at the next call.     (1G12B)
  • status review on the F2F-workshop planning and preparation     (1G13)
    • Mark: we should have demos; if not at the sessions, maybe in the evenings, during the Tuesdays breaks, during lunch, etc.     (1G13B)
      • Steve: doing it at the hotel would be more straight-forward (cost about same at hotel or at NIST in the evening), NIST will cover cost of hotel room, but if we need refreshments, we will have to find an outside sponsor.     (1G13B1)
      • Steve will ping Frank Olken on (i) having Frank also champion the demos, as part of the [state-of-art] thread, and (ii) suggest he adds a co-champion     (1G13B2)
      • demo: venue, time, constraints - firewall, etc.     (1G13B3)
      • bulletin board     (1G13B4)
      • BOF gatherings     (1G13B5)
      • we will pursue the possibility of having a demo segment, but will only decide to go ahead if we can do a proper job with it.     (1G13B6)
      • conclusion: we will feature this as a casual evening event; get people to sign up to demonstrate, and participants could just use the time to sees demos or network     (1G13B7)
        • champion - besides Frank (who would have been ideal) ... let's try Ken Baclawski who is also on the logistics committee -- Steve will contact Ken on this     (1G13B7A)
        • Peter will set up a wiki page that interested parties (who have a demo to make) could sign up on     (1G13B7B)
      • Steve: with new rulings at NIST, coffee will not be served for the workshop; but people could buy themselves coffee at the cafeteria, which is close enough to the meeting venue     (1G13B8)
  • Registration deadlines!     (1G14)
    • Steve: hotel (reduced rate rooms) cut-off Sun 2008.04.13; NIST pre-registration closes on Mon 2008.04.21     (1G14A)
    • Steve will reserve dinner (table of 20 at Ike Ban) for Monday     (1G14B)
  • Peter: have set aside the Thursday Ontolog ConferenceCall_2008_04_24 regular time slot for final sync-up for summit organizers and participants. Need this? Announce (who)? Agenda?     (1G17)
    • Steve will be out-of-town (in Switzerland) that day     (1G17A)
    • OOR-Panel summary slides by Wed 4/16; all workshop slides by Tue 4/22, review on Thu 4/24     (1G17B)
    • Content thread summary pages by Fri 4/18; communique draft 4/22, review on Thu 4/24     (1G17C)
      • 4/24 will be an open meeting - Michelle to announce that on the list     (1G17C1)

5. New Issues:     (1G18)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G19)

7. Action items:     (1G20)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G21)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.04.14-1:58pm PDT     (1G25)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G26)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G27)