From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OntologySummit2008: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Thursday 31-Mar-2008     (1)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • review status of "Advisory Committee" and the 'welcome letter'     (1E1)
  • postmortem on the 2/28 & 3/27 OOR-Panel sessions and review preparation status for the 2 upcoming ones - 4/3 & 4/10     (1E2)
  • status review and action plans for the online discourse     (1E3)
  • status review on the F2F-workshop planning and preparation - review agenda     (1E4)
  • draft communique preparation status     (1E5)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1E6)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E7)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

  • note that we have a hard stop at 1:30pm PDT / 4:30pm EDT as the Content Committee will be having their weekly call then. Which mean we have to finish this call in 1 hour or less.     (1G5)

2. Roll Call:     (1G6)

3. Status / Discussion of developing issues:     (1G8)

  • Outstanding Issue Update: (from last call)     (1G9)
    • submit last year's communique to Applied Ontologies Journal [attn: Steve] - Steve contacted Michael Grüninger who will be working on it     (1G9A)
    • Leo and Steve will try to provide input by tomorrow, suggest we give Michael a go ahead even if there is no input.     (1G9B)
  • status review on the F2F-workshop planning and preparation     (1G14)
    • Steve: Registration Announcement and URL for Interoperability Week is now ready, Peter will post to the wiki     (1G14A)
      • it was agreed that we will not have a "plenary/keynote" speaker     (1G14B1)
      • Barry: any chance of webcasting the F2F workshop? - Steve will find out     (1G14B2)
        • Steve: it'll cost $3600 ... will pass, since we have audio recording, and slides. We can do a bit more on still pictures.     (1G14B2A)
    • structuring the discussion ... unifying plot through the communique     (1G14C)
    • distinction between the intellectual content and the pragmatics of the future OOR-team implementation effort     (1G14D)
    • OOR team may need to meet about funding (which would be totally independent of the summit agenda)     (1G14E)
    • informal gathering on Monday evening?     (1G14F)
    • Mark: how would time be spent at the F2F on each of the topics     (1G14G)
      • Michelle: (a) report on what has transpired, (b) possibly invited presentations from key player(s), (c) open discussion (which would be 50% of the total time alloted; or at least 30~45 min.)     (1G14G1)
    • Mark to Steve: can we start at 8:00am .. .not so much for the start time, but rather, can we fit everything in     (1G14H)
    • Time allotment: architecture - 2:00Hrs; state-of-art, quality & gatekeeping and ontology of ontology - each 1:15; all time squeezed out goes to the breaks (because they are among the most important parts of the F2F)     (1G14I)
    • we could revisit the session order and time allotment again after the 4/10 ont-of-ont OOR-Panel (say, on our 4/14 organizing committee call.)     (1G14J)
    • idea: we could split the architecture session with lunch in between.     (1G14K)
    • Mark: we should have demos; if not at the sessions, maybe in the evenings, during the Tuesdays breaks, during lunch, etc.     (1G14L)
  • status review on how we are getting the word out     (1G16)
    • Steve: will get the NIST public affairs office to continue to help us with getting the word out     (1G16A)
      • Steve: will have a draft of the Interoperability Week press release within the next couple of days - will circulate that to the organizing committee list.     (1G16A1)

5. New Issues:     (1G17)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G18)

7. Action items:     (1G19)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G20)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.03.31-1:33 pm PDT     (1G24)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G25)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G26)