From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

Ontology Summit 2007 Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 17-Apr-2007     (1)

  • This session will a 1-hour conference call starting at Tue 17-Apr-2007 8:00am PDT / 11:00am EDT / 5:00pm CET / 15:00 GMT/UTC     (1A)

Attendees     (1C)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

  • Peter: suggest we invite all F2F session chairs, and all symposium presenter to this call to do a sync-up     (1D2)
  • Peter: suggest we do another final sync-up this Thursday, at the Ontolog weekly call 2007.04.19-10:30am PDT, along with all F2F meeting session organizers and presenters/panelists     (1D3)
  • ... (please post here; indentify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1D4)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F4)

3. Urgent Issues to be covered today:     (1F6)

4. Status of developing issues:     (1F10)

(following is where we left off as of the 2007.04.10 call)     (1F11)

we need to come to some virtual consensus even BEFORE the face-to-face     (1F13A)

HCLS interest group co-chairs: Eric Neumann, Tonya Hongsermeier; Susie Stephens (BioRDF taskforce), Vipul Kashyap (BioONT taskforce); also need to engage more European folks, ...     (1F15)

session co-chairs will make the call on how they will be running their session. Please make sure your speakers/panelists are in communication with you (and knows that they are "on"!)     (1F17A)
  • finalize on the speaker invitations for the 4/23 & 24 F2F sessions and get the invitations out     (1F18)
    • Peter: how about sending out a blank invitation for 'conveners' to speak (requesting submission of title, abstract on/before Fri 4/20 and then slides on/before Fri 4/27, if accepted to present.)     (1F18A)
      • Peter: suggested criteria - (i) have contributed to the forum discourse (with at least 3 posts), or (ii) have submitted their survey response, or (iii) member of the organizing committee, or (iv) invited by a member of the organizing committee.     (1F18A1)
      • Steve / Leo: open invitation is good; we need to have a process to make sure we have a good flow on our workshop program. Could have people on a panel too (not just a formal presentation)     (1F18A2)
      • Steve will send this out to [ontology-summit], organizing commmittee members can forward this     (1F18A3)
    • finalize symposium chair/co-chair & program/agenda - see above     (1F18B)
  • discuss the processing of the OntologySummit2007_Survey and forum discussion inputs, and to coordinate on the preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 Summit face-to-face workshops.     (1F19)
    • Peter: devoting part of the 12-Apr-2007 Ontolog weekly call to do it with Summit conveners. Please come, if possible.     (1F19A)
  • Discussion:     (1F20)
    • What could ensure us that we are bringing "value" to the community-at-large (or even the world-at-large), with this "Ontology Summit 2007" endeavor?     (1F20A)
      • Steve: focus on the deliverables - and what will 'last' (even after all the discussions and the meetings) - that, possibly, could be the 'framework' that everyone could use in the future     (1F20A1)
  • Action Items:     (1F23)
    • Deborah, Leo & Michael to get in touch and start drafting the "framework" - in progress, along with Tom & Pat Hayes     (1F23A)
    • Olivier & Frank are in touch now and will get started on drafting the "communique"     (1F23B)
    • Peter to roll up the survey database and send it to Ken Baclawski for analysis,; also post it (for open access) so that the session co-chairs sice-and-dice the collected data and make use of them too - done, long with KenBaclawski!     (1F23C)
      • note that we'll be devoting part of this Thursday's (17-Apr-2007) Ontolog weekly call to do a final sync-up for the Apr-23 & 24 Summit face-to-face workshops. (see: ConferenceCall_2007_04_19) ... come if you can.     (1F23C1)
    • Peter to make a post to [ontology-summit] to ask everyone involved to come join us on Thursday if they can.     (1F23D)

5. New Issues:     (1F24)

6. Any Other Business:     (1F25)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F26)

  • ALL: we can do one more final sync-up this Thursday, at the Ontolog weekly call 2007.04.19 10:30am PDT / 1:30pm EDT / 7:30pm CET, along with all F2F meeting session organizers and presenters/panelists - details at: ConferenceCall_2007_04_19     (1F27)
  • Call adjourned at: 8:48 am PDT ... see you at the face-to-face in Gaithersburg!     (1F28)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2007.04.17-8:50 PDT     (1F30)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F31)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F32)