From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

Ontology Summit 2007 Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 10-Apr-2007     (1)

  • This session will a 30-minute conference call starting at Tue 10-Apr-2007 8:30am PDT / 11:30am EDT / 5:30pm CET / 15:30 GMT/UTC     (1A)

Attendees     (1C)

Agenda Ideas     (1D)

  • finalize on the speaker invitations for the 4/23 & 24 F2F sessions and get the invitations out     (1D1)
    • Peter: how about sending out a blank invitation for 'conveners' to speak (requesting submission of title, abstract, and then slides on/before Fri 4/20.     (1D1A)
    • Finalize symposium session agenda     (1D1B)
  • ... (please post here; indentify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1D2)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1F)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1F1)

2. Roll Call:     (1F4)

3. Urgent Issues:     (1F6)

we need to come to some virtual consensus even BEFORE the face-to-face     (1F8A)

HCLS interest group co-chairs: Eric Neumann, Tonya Hongsermeier; Susie Stephens (BioRDF taskforce), Vipul Kashyap (BioONT taskforce); also need to engage more European folks, ...     (1F10)

session co-chairs will make the call on how they will be running their session. Please make sure your speakers/panelists are in communication with you (and knows that they are "on"!)     (1F12A)
  • finalize on the speaker invitations for the 4/23 & 24 F2F sessions and get the invitations out     (1F13)
    • Peter: how about sending out a blank invitation for 'conveners' to speak (requesting submission of title, abstract on/before Fri 4/20 and then slides on/before Fri 4/27, if accepted to present.)     (1F13A)
      • Peter: suggested criteria - (i) have contributed to the forum discourse (with at least 3 posts), or (ii) have submitted their survey response, or (iii) member of the organizing committee, or (iv) invited by a member of the organizing committee.     (1F13A1)
      • Steve / Leo: open invitation is good; we need to have a process to make sure we have a good flow on our workshop program. Could have people on a panel too (not just a formal presentation)     (1F13A2)
      • Steve will send this out to [ontology-summit], organizing commmittee members can forward this     (1F13A3)
    • finalize symposium chair/co-chair & program/agenda - see above     (1F13B)
  • discuss the processing of the OntologySummit2007_Survey and forum discussion inputs, and to coordinate on the preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 Summit face-to-face workshops.     (1F14)
    • Peter: devoting part of the 12-Apr-2007 Ontolog weekly call to do it with Summit conveners. Please come, if possible.     (1F14A)
  • Discussion:     (1F15)
    • What could ensure us that we are bringing "value" to the community-at-large (or even the world-at-large), with this "Ontology Summit 2007" endeavor?     (1F15A)
      • Steve: focus on the deliverables - and what will 'last' (even after all the discussions and the meetings) - that, possibly, could be the 'framework' that everyone could use in the future     (1F15A1)

4. Outstanding Issues:     (1F17)

5. New Issues:     (1F19)

6. Any Other Business:     (1F20)

  • Action Items:     (1F21)
    • Deborah, Leo & Michael to get in touch and start drafting the "framework"     (1F21A)
    • Tom and Chris to get in touch with each other (if you haven't alerady) and get started on "populating"     (1F21B)
    • Olivier & Frank are in touch now and will get started on drafting the "communique"     (1F21C)
    • Peter to roll up the survey database and send it to Ken Baclawski for analysis,; also post it (for open access) so that the session co-chairs sice-and-dice the collected data and make use of them too     (1F21D)
    • Since we only have 2 more organizing committee calls (Apr-10 & 17) and two available slots on the Ontolog Thursday conference call (Apr-5 & 19) where we can involve others in the community, please pitch in some ideas on how we could optimally use these time slots to advance the process in preparation for the Apr-23 & 24 face-to-face meetings.     (1F21E)
    • Asked where should one start (to catch up) - Peter answered, from the top of the Ontology Summit 2007 project home page - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2007     (1F21F)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1F22)

  • ALL: we will continue the discussion of today's agenda items on the [ontology-summit-org] list     (1F23)
  • Next Meeting: since this will be the last organizing committee call before the face-to-face, suggest do a 1-Hour session. Therefore unless otherwise re-scheduled (which we likely will) our next meeting will be a 60-minute conference call starting at Tue 17-Apr-2007 8:00am PDT / 11:00am EDT / 5:00pm CET / 15:00 UTC. (ref: world clock)     (1F24)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2007.04.10-09:12 PDT     (1F27)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1F28)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1F29)