From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

Ontology Summit 2007 Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 27-Mar-2007     (1)

  • This session will a 30-minute conference call starting at Tue 27-Mar-2007 8:30am PDT / 11:30am EDT / 5:30pm CET / 15:30 GMT/UTC     (1A)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • finalize on the speaker invitations for the 4/23 & 24 F2F sessions     (1E1)
  • follow-up on the survey     (1E2)
  • Discuss - what could ensure us that we are bringing "value" to the community-at-large, with this "Ontology Summit 2007" endeavor?     (1E3)
  • organizing committee structure and protocol - distributing the workload     (1E4)
  • getting organized to get dialogs from representatives of other constituencies (other than formal ontologists) going - review/add/comment on list of people who could represent various constituencies and contribute to providing their input and perspectives     (1E5)
  • getting organized to summarize/synthesize the mailing list discussions on the wiki - devoting part of the 15-Feb-2007 Ontolog weekly call to do it with Summit conveners     (1E6)
  • ... (please post here; indentify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E7)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

... (Final Agenda Coming ... what's captured here is mainly from last week)     (1G1)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G2)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Urgent Issues:     (1G7)

  • Peter: survey reminder/follow-up messages clustering various constituencies are out     (1G8)

HCLS interest group co-chairs: Eric Neumann, Tonya Hongsermeier; Susie Stephens (BioRDF taskforce), Vipul Kashyap (BioONT taskforce); also need to engage more European folks     (1G10)

  • Steve Ray: just emerged work priorities have now impacted my ability to devote more time to helping the summit synthesis work, please note.     (1G12)
  • how can we effectively use the rest of the open Thursdays (Ontolog time slot) to help with the summit prep work before the f2f?     (1G13)
  • Discussion:     (1G16)
    • What could ensure us that we are bringing "value" to the community-at-large (or even the world-at-large), with this "Ontology Summit 2007" endeavor?     (1G16A)

4. Outstanding Issues:     (1G18)

(we are trying to come to conslusions even BEFORE the face-to-face)     (1G20A1)
  • drafting the communique - Olivier will try to get started with Frank on this. Issue, obviously is that the content has yet to emerge.     (1G21)
  • solicitng "co-sponsorship" - please endorse the initiative; they have to choose on the conclusion - Peter to do it - Peter will continue to work on this     (1G22)

5. New Issues:     (1G23)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G24)

7. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G25)

  • ALL: we will continue the discussion of today's agenda items on the [ontology-summit-org] list     (1G26)
  • Next Meeting: (candidate) unless otherwise re-scheduled (which we likely will) our next meeting will be a 30-minute conference call starting at Tue 03-Apr-2007 8:30am PDT / 11:30am EDT / 5:30pm CET / 15:30 UTC. (ref: world clock)     (1G27)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2007.03.27-09:20 PDT     (1G30)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G31)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G32)