From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OKMDS: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 05-Feb-2008     (1)

  • This is the 14th conference call of the organizing committee for the joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support" initiative. The session is expected to be a 1-Hour conference call.     (1A)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • getting ready for the [OKMDS] session on Thu 2008.02.21 - ref. ConferenceCall_2008_02_21     (1E1)
  • continue with status review on the March & April OKMDS events     (1E2)
  • progress review on the [okmds-convene] online discourse     (1E3)
  • Susan: suggest we might inviting Yochai Benkler to speak in a future session, possibly in May-2008     (1E4)
  • tying down the NASA-driven Concluding Session of the OKMDS mini-series, and possibly pushing that our to Jun-2008     (1E5)
  • Peter: shall we take another look on how we are doing, and what else could to be done to make this an even greater success     (1E6)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E7)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status of developing issues:     (1G7)

  • Jeanne will prepare a press release for Federal Computer Week and Government Computer News to announce the mini-series.     (1G10)
  • Susan suggested we might try to invite Yochai Benkler, author of The Wealth of Networks for May. His focus would be on open networks of people that challenge conventional thinking of firms as the primary place for effective knowledge management and decision-making toward wealth-making. Susan will check on interest and availability.     (1G15)
    • schedule that for ??-May-2008? (5/1 or 5/8 preferred; then 5/22 or 5/29 if need be)     (1G15A)
    • we decided that Susan should go ahead and invite Yochai, and then reserve a May-2008 date     (1G15B)
  • progress review on the [okmds-convene] online discourse which is being archived and cross-posted to [KMgov]     (1G17)
    • still not get very active discussions, possibly due to:     (1G17A)
    • Ken: will continue to mull this over with Kurt     (1G17B)
    • leveraging on the panel sessions     (1G17C)
      • highlighting the core questions again at the beginning of each session to re-focus people toward them - maybe the session chair can do it (even flash a slide with all our questions during the intro)     (1G17C1)
      • interviews speakers post session - this could also be done over the "chat" session, after most people have dropped off - and post the Q&A to the list     (1G17C2)
  • take another look on how we are doing, and what else could to be done to make this an even greater success     (1G18)

5. New Issues:     (1G19)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G20)

7. Action items:     (1G21)

  • Peter to try to contact Jeanne to tie down the Feb-21 session details     (1G22)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G23)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.02.12-10:28am PST     (1G27)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G28)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G29)