From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

OKMDS: Organizing Committee Conference Call - Tuesday 15-Jan-2008     (1)

  • This is the 12th conference call of the organizing committee for the joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support" initiative. The session is expected to be a 1-Hour conference call.     (1A)

Attendees     (1D)

Agenda Ideas     (1E)

  • getting ready for the [OKMDS] session on Thu 2008.01.17 - ref. ConferenceCall_2008_01_17     (1E1)
  • ascertaining that everything is still on target for the [OKMDS] session on Thu 2008.02.21 - ref. ConferenceCall_2008_02_21     (1E2)
  • continue with discussion on suggested program content for the next 2~3 months or even the entire 6 months of the mini-series     (1E3)
  • progress review on the [okmds-convene] online discourse.     (1E4)
... (please post your agenda ideas here; identify yourself for follow-up purposes)     (1E5)

Agenda & Proceedings     (1G)

1. Meeting called to order:     (1G1)

2. Roll Call:     (1G5)

3. Status of developing issues:     (1G7)

  • Changes to our event calendar (since our last call):     (1G10)
    • the "Wicked Problems" session now moved to 2008.04.17 (was to be on 2008.04.24, which is now set aside for final preparation session for the Ontology Summit 2008 workshop which starts on 2008.04.28)     (1G10A)
    • topic for this week's OKMDS event (now?) changed to "Creating Informational and Virtual Space for Knowledge Sharing" ... (more discussion below)     (1G10B)
    • the "Organizing Science Knowledge for Discovery" session has now been rescheduled to 2008.03.20 (was 2008.01.17)     (1G10C)
  • Jeanne will prepare a press release for Federal Computer Week and Government Computer News to announce the mini-series.     (1G11)
  • continue with discussion on suggested program content for the next 2~3 months or even the entire 6 months of the mini-series     (1G15)
    • Andy to clarify topic bounds with Jeanne     (1G15A)
      • inclusion of Ralph, Paul, Constellation, ... etc. into existing Mar-20 program?     (1G15A1)
      • Jeanne will get back by the next call (Jan-22) after confering with Andy     (1G15A2)
    • Kurt will come back next week after confering with Bo Newman on the session they talked about earlier     (1G15B)
    • Susan: potentially invite Dr. Caneva over to a later session - refer to the upcoming Feb-19 Expedition Workshop     (1G15C)
  • progress review on the [okmds-convene] online discourse which is being archived and cross-posted to [KMgov]     (1G16)
    • Ken and Kurt to discuss and lay out a plan for 'boosting' the online discourse next week     (1G16A)
    • suggestions on systematically addressing the two sets of questions: (a) the opening questions, (b) the questions cited in the "Objective" of the OKMDS initiative     (1G16B)
      • Susan: suggest that our session chair(s) to guide people toward a discussion after each of the virtual events     (1G16B1)
      • Susan: Ken and/or Kurt could "interview" the panelists at the last segment of each panel discussion, asking them, specifically, the questions we are trying to address     (1G16B2)
      • Susan: promote better use of the chat session (soaphub and/or SL), capture them into the proceedings (on the session page) and then use it as the opening of the online discourse     (1G16B3)
    • it is useful to have a moderator for the chat session     (1G16C)

5. New Issues:     (1G17)

6. Any Other Business:     (1G18)

7. Action items:     (1G19)

8. Schedule Next Meeting & Adjourn:     (1G20)

notes taken by: Peter P. Yim / 2008.01.15-11:06am PST     (1G24)

All participants, please review and edit to enhance accuracy and granularity of the documented proceedings.     (1G25)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1G26)