From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

Ontology Summit 2014 session-11 Track-D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - II - Thu 2014-03-27     (1)

  • Summit Theme: OntologySummit2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"     (1A)
  • Session Topic: Track D: "Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - II"     (1B)
  • Session Co-chairs: Professor KenBaclawski (Northeastern University), Professor AnneThessen (Arizona State University) ... intro slides     (1C)

Panelists / Briefings:     (1D)

Abstract     (1J)

Track D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - II ... intro slides     (1J1)

This is our 9th Ontology Summit, a joint initiative by Ontolog, NIST, NCOR, NCBO, IAOA & NCO_NITRD with the support of our co-sponsors.     (1J2)

Since the beginnings of the Semantic Web, ontologies have played key roles in the design and deployment of new semantic technologies. Yet over the years, the level of collaboration between the Semantic Web and Applied Ontology communities has been much less than expected. Within Big Data applications, ontologies appear to have had little impact.     (1J3)

This year's Ontology Summit is an opportunity for building bridges between the Semantic Web, Linked Data, Big Data, and Applied Ontology communities. On the one hand, the Semantic Web, Linked Data, and Big Data communities can bring a wide array of real problems (such as performance and scalability challenges and the variety problem in Big Data) and technologies (automated reasoning tools) that can make use of ontologies. On the other hand, the Applied Ontology community can bring a large body of common reusable content (ontologies) and ontological analysis techniques. Identifying and overcoming ontology engineering bottlenecks is critical for all communities.     (1J4)

Ontology Summit 2014 will pose and address the primary challenges in these areas of interaction among the different communities. The Summit activities will bring together insights and methods from these different communities, synthesize new insights, and disseminate knowledge across field boundaries.     (1J5)

At the Launch Event on 16 Jan 2014, the organizing team has provided an overview of the program, and how we will be framing the discourse. Today's session (OntologySummit2014 session-05) is the first virtual panel session featured by Track-D, which focuses on "Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data."     (1J6)

The session today continues the successful first session by examining the many issues that arise for managing variety in enterprises and on the web in general, and more specifically for the data being generated by cities.     (1J7)

Data governance is "a collection of disciplines that ensure data is managed adequately in an enterprise." Malcolm Chisholm will discuss what is involved in data governance and its implications for managing Variety in Big Data. Dan Brickley will be examining the problems of managing variety on the web with Schema.org.     (1J8)

More than half the world population live in cities and the proportion is growing, so cities are an enormous source of data. However, it is not just the amount of data that is daunting, but the enormous variety not only within a single city but also among the thousands of different cities. The session today includes Mark Fox and Rosario Uceda-Sosa who are addressing some of the many aspects of the variety of data generated by cities.     (1J9)

After the panelists briefings, there will be time for Q&A and an open discussion among the panel and all participants.     (1J10)

For more information about Track D, see Track D page.     (1J11)

See more details at: OntologySummit2014 (homepage for this summit)     (1J13)

Briefings     (1J14)

  • MarkFox (University of Toronto) - "Variety in Big Data: A Cities Perspective" ... [ slides ]     (1J14A)
    • Abstract: Cities are moving towards policy-making based on data. They are publishing data using Open Data standards, linking data from disparate sources, allowing the crowd to update their data with Smart Phone Apps that use Open APIs, and applying Data Analytics to discover relationships that lead to greater efficiencies. On the surface, all appears to be well. But there are problems. This presentation will explore the gap between the data's availability and its usability. Data from different sources cannot easily be merged nor can credible analyses be performed due to the validity of the data being suspect. We will explore the role of the Semantic Web and Ontologies in bridging this gap with examples drawn from Global City Indicators. The Global Cities Indicators ontology integrates over 10 ontologies from across the semantic web, including geonames, measurement theory, statistics, time, provenance, validity and trust. It extends these ontologies, where appropriate, to satisfy the ontology��s competency requirements.     (1J14A1)
  • MalcolmChisolm (AskGet.com) - "Data Governance to Manage Variety in Big Data" ... [ slides ]     (1J14B)
    • Abstract: ... Big Data is characterized by having a data storage model but no models of information requirements or business concepts. The latter have to be built and the data transformed into them. Managing this process needs to be scalable, repeatable, and well documented. This in turn requires active data governance. This presentation describes what data governance is and applies it to some of the unique challenges of Big Data, such as columnar database design, ingestion management, and dealing with information requirements. A view is presented of the elements of semantics that data governance must address in Big Data environments.     (1J14B1)
  • DanBrickley (Google) - "Schema.org, FOAF and Linked Data: Lessons for Web-scale vocabulary deployment" ... [ slides ]     (1J14C)
    • Abstract: ... This talk will provide an overview of some lessons learned from schema.org, FOAF and Linked Data deployment of RDF-based vocabularies.     (1J14C1)
  • RosarioUcedaSosa (IBM) - "Open Data, Big Data and Smart Cities" ... [ slides ]     (1J14D)
    • Abstract: Cities are publishing vast amounts of data, ranging from information on individual 311 calls, business licenses and work permits, to statistics about pollution, business activity and agency organization. Not to mention the linked information in web pages, describing services and competencies. The number of data sources, their variety and volume of instance data means that building analytics tailored to a specific subset of the data is expensive and often doesn't leverage the wealth of data relevant to them. In these complex, large domains with heterogeneous data, semantic technologies can help in the construction of a lightweight layer to integrate, categorize and filter information according to domain experts' needs. We will debate the benefits of this layer as a no-ETL, opportunistic alternative to integration in large, dynamic data domains and illustrate these through research projects that work with US and European city data.     (1J14D1)

Agenda     (1K)

OntologySummit2014 session-11 Track-D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data-II     (1K1)

Session Format: this is a virtual session conducted over an augmented conference call     (1K2)

Proceedings     (1L)

Please refer to the above     (1L1)

IM Chat Transcript captured during the session    (1L2)

see raw transcript here.     (1L2A)

(for better clarity, the version below is a re-organized and lightly edited chat-transcript.)     (1L2B)

Participants are welcome to make light edits to their own contributions as they see fit.     (1L2C)

-- begin in-session chat-transcript --     (1L2D)


Chat transcript from room: summit_20140327     (1L2E)

2014-03-27 GMT-08:00 [PDT]     (1L2F)


[9:18] Peter P. Yim: Welcome to the     (1L2G)

Ontology Summit 2014 session-11 Track-D: Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - II - Thu 2014-03-27     (1L2H)

Summit Theme: Ontology Summit 2014: "Big Data and Semantic Web Meet Applied Ontology"     (1L2I)

Session Topic: Track D: "Tackling the Variety Problem in Big Data - II"     (1L2J)

Session Co-chairs: Professor Ken Baclawski (Northeastern University), Professor Anne Thessen (Arizona State University)     (1L2K)

Panelists / Briefings:     (1L2L)

Logistics:     (1L2Q)

  • (if you haven't already done so) please click on "settings" (top center) and morph from "anonymous" to your RealName; also please enable "Show timestamps" while there.     (1L2S)
  • Mute control (phone keypad): *7 to un-mute ... *6 to mute     (1L2T)

(i.e. even if it says it is "offline," you should still be able to connect to it.)     (1L2W)

    • if you are using skype and the connection to "joinconference" is not holding up, try using (your favorite POTS or     (1L2X1)

VoIP line, etc.) either your phone, skype-out or google-voice and call the US dial-in number: +1 (206) 402-0100     (1L2Y)

... when prompted enter Conference ID: 141184#     (1L2Z)

  • when posting in this Chat-room, kindly observe the following ...     (1L2AD)
    • whenever a name is used, please use the full WikiWord name format (every time you don't, some volunteer will have to make an edit afterwards)     (1L2AE1)
    • always provide context (like: "[ref. JaneDoe's slide#12], I think the point about context is great" ... rather than "that's great!"     (1L2AF1)

as the latter would mean very little in the archives.)     (1L2AG)

the timestamp (in PST) of his/her post that you are responding to (e.g. "@JaneDoe [11:09] - I agree, but, ...")     (1L2AI)

    • use fully qualified url's (include http:// ) without symbols (like punctuations or parentheses, etc.) right before of after that URL     (1L2AJ1)

Proceedings     (1L2AS)

[4:14] anonymous morphed into Malcolm Chisholm     (1L2AT)

[4:14] Matthew West: Hello world     (1L2AU)

[4:16] Malcolm Chisholm: This is my response     (1L2AV)

[4:18] Matthew West: @MalcolmChisholm Slide 10: what did you mean by that?     (1L2AW)

[9:13] anonymous morphed into Dan Brickley     (1L2AX)

[9:15] anonymous morphed into RosarioUcedaSosa     (1L2AY)

[9:17] anonymous morphed into Mark Fox     (1L2AZ)

[9:18] Mark Fox: Reminds me of the IEEE multi-topic computer conferences of the 80s where there were     (1L2AAA)

20 parallel sessions, and the audience was composed only of the speakers :)     (1L2AAB)

[9:19] Dan Brickley: hi folks.     (1L2AAC)

[9:19] Dan Brickley: I'm dialed into the phone bridge and the audio seems clear.     (1L2AAD)

[9:22] Mark Fox: I'm on skype listening to Muzak.     (1L2AAE)

[9:23] anonymous morphed into Lamar Henderson     (1L2AAF)

[9:26] Dan Brickley: I hear noises...     (1L2AAG)

[9:29] anonymous1 morphed into Martin Davtyan     (1L2AAI)

[9:30] Dan Brickley: I'm hearing choppy noises.     (1L2AAJ)

[9:30] EdBernot2 morphed into Ed Bernot     (1L2AAK)

[9:30] Ed Bernot: Hello everybody     (1L2AAL)

[9:31] Dan Brickley: I didn't hear Peter's response to me very clearly.     (1L2AAM)

[9:31] Dan Brickley: maybe when others are muted all ok.     (1L2AAN)

[9:32] anonymous morphed into Les Morgan     (1L2AAO)

[9:33] Dan Brickley: [various road/car/traffic style noises.]     (1L2AAP)

[9:33] Martin Davtyan: Sorry, does the screen sharing work/is on?     (1L2AAQ)

[9:39] Peter P. Yim: == Ken Baclawski starts session on behalf of the co-chairs ... see slides     (1L2AAS)

[9:41] anonymous morphed into Mike Riben     (1L2AAU)

[9:44] Peter P. Yim: == Anatoly Levenchuk making an announcement about the hackathon ...     (1L2AAV)

[9:53] Anatoly Levenchuk: Hackathon update:     (1L2AAW)

[9:53] Peter P. Yim: == Mark Fox presenting ...     (1L2AAY)

[9:56] ... anonymous morphed into Uri Shani     (1L2AAZ)

[9:56] ... Peter P. Yim: @KenBaclawski - we have 41 people on the call, and only 32 in the chat-room,     (1L2AAAA)

you might want to remind everyone verbally, the next time you do a speaker transition     (1L2AAAB)

[10:04] ... Ken Baclawski: @PeterYim - Will do.     (1L2AAAC)

[10:03] ... Leo Obrst: Sorry, joining late.     (1L2AAAD)

[10:08] ... anonymous1 morphed into KushagraThakur     (1L2AAAE)

[10:04] Matthew West: Slide 9: In Shell we found similar problems when we tried to bring data     (1L2AAAF)

together from different Group Companies - indicators and data in general developed independently     (1L2AAAG)

were not comparable. Since then I'd actually be surprised if independently developed data/indicators     (1L2AAAH)

were comparable.     (1L2AAAI)

[10:16] Mark Fox: Part of what the Global Cities Institute will be providing with the ISO standard is     (1L2AAAJ)

a process for certifying that cities are conforming to the standard. It helps, but is not a complete solution.     (1L2AAAK)

[10:12] Matthew West: Slide 34: An ontology is not sufficient to ensure fidelity. Unfortunately,     (1L2AAAL)

there is little you can do to prevent people using slots in a data model in ways other than those     (1L2AAAM)

that are intended - without active management of the data creation process.     (1L2AAAN)

[10:14] Michael Grüninger: @MatthewWest[10:12] The idea is to have enough axioms in the ontology to     (1L2AAAO)

verify that the entered data is consistent with other parts of the data model to ensure consistency     (1L2AAAP)

[10:23] Matthew West: @MichaelGruninger: I agree that you can check consistency at a logical level -     (1L2AAAQ)

and that is very useful, but that only covers some of the things you can do wrong.     (1L2AAAR)

[10:25] Simon Spero: @MalcolmChisolm, slide 4 : Columnar databases are not always schemaless ;     (1L2AAAT)

e.g. Amazon Redshift     (1L2AAAU)

[10:31] Simon Spero: ^^ also Virtuoso :     (1L2AAAV)

[10:33] Malcolm Chisholm: @SimonSpero Thanks for the heads up     (1L2AAAX)

[10:32] Christi Kapp: @MalcolmChisholm Data Governance Institute was created in July 2004 -     (1L2AAAY)

http://www.datagovernance.com/ - domain name registered in 2003. We used to talk it earlier than     (1L2AAAZ)

that here in Orlando area.     (1L2AAAAA)

[10:34] Malcolm Chisholm: @ChristiKapp - Yes I first learned about it from Gwen Thomas in Orlando in     (1L2AAAAB)

[10:32] Peter P. Yim: == Dan Brickley presenting ...     (1L2AAAAD)

[10:35] anonymous2 morphed into Lamar Henderson     (1L2AAAAE)

[10:39] anonymous1 morphed into Sunday Ojo     (1L2AAAAF)

[10:34] Peter P. Yim: ... on slide#1 now     (1L2AAAAG)

[10:36] ... Peter P. Yim: @ALL: what Dan Brickley is calling slide#2 is labeled "3" on the slide deck (he     (1L2AAAAH)

started on "0", the label starts on "1" unfortunately)     (1L2AAAAI)

[10:36] ... Amanda Vizedom: @danbri (DanBrickley) - the slides we have are numbered -1 from yours     (1L2AAAAJ)

(start with 1 rather than 0; schema.org movie description is on slide 3).     (1L2AAAAK)

[10:52] ... Peter P. Yim: I have just uploaded an updated version of DanBrickley's slides, that is     (1L2AAAAM)

numbered starting from "0"     (1L2AAAAN)

[10:47] Matthew West: It seems to me that what Schema.org is offering is an answer to the identity     (1L2AAAAO)

question - a common name for some thing. This is enormously valuable in practice, since until you     (1L2AAAAP)

have this licked there is not much point to reasoning.     (1L2AAAAQ)

[10:51] Peter P. Yim: ... on slide (labelled) #18 now     (1L2AAAAR)

[10:51] Krzysztof Janowicz: great talk, very informative     (1L2AAAAS)

[10:54] Amanda Vizedom: @DanBrickley, thanks for that talk. I found some of your brief, semi-aside     (1L2AAAAT)

comments quite interesting. E.g.: "hiding" variety, essentially making mirror concepts inside     (1L2AAAAU)

schema.org and keeping provenance accessible, vs. importing an open-ended number of other vocab, as     (1L2AAAAV)

method of reuse.     (1L2AAAAW)

[10:55] Amanda Vizedom: This latter intersects with an increasingly comment point of concern for     (1L2AAAAX)

users of w3c stack ontologies/vocabs, as all that importing can really challenge onto usability and     (1L2AAAAY)

managability.     (1L2AAAAZ)

[10:57] Simon Spero: @MatthewWest, @danbri (DanBrickley): It seems to sort of punt on the identity     (1L2AAAAAA)

question - sameAs ~= foaf:page     (1L2AAAAAB)

[10:57] Simon Spero: (unhelpful smile foaf : page )     (1L2AAAAAC)

[11:10] Matthew West: @SimonSpero: The key is that identity has to be managed, managed duplication     (1L2AAAAAD)

still works - it is technically a little less efficient than no duplication, but may be politically     (1L2AAAAAE)

much more efficient.     (1L2AAAAAF)

[11:23] Bart Gajderowicz: @Rosario, my MSc work used machine learning on instance data to identify     (1L2AAAAAH)

similarities between ontologies associated with those instances (ontology mapping). I'm wondering     (1L2AAAAAI)

whether this is along the same lines of research on IBMs Helix project?     (1L2AAAAAJ)

[11:23] RosarioUcedaSosa: It may. Send me the refs to rosariou@us.ibm.com. Thanks     (1L2AAAAAK)

[11:25] Bart Gajderowicz: Will do. Thanks     (1L2AAAAAL)

[11:13] Peter P. Yim: == Q & A and Open Discussion ...     (1L2AAAAAM)

[11:13] Peter P. Yim: ... Question from Martin Davtyan ...     (1L2AAAAAN)

[11:14] ... Peter P. Yim: (one person is still identified as "anonymous) will you please click     (1L2AAAAAO)

on "settings" (top center) and morph from "anonymous" to your RealName; also please enable "Show     (1L2AAAAAP)

timestamps" while there.     (1L2AAAAAQ)

[11:15] ... Peter P. Yim: (I still see a few names who are "new" here) @Those who are not already     (1L2AAAAAR)

subscribed to the [ontology-summit] mailing list: please do so (to receive all notifications and     (1L2AAAAAS)

participate in the ongoing asynchronous discourse) -     (1L2AAAAAT)

[11:20] anonymous1 morphed into Conrad Beaulieu     (1L2AAAAAW)

[11:20] Dan Brickley: I can't go into details but it is common knowledge that Google does a lot of     (1L2AAAAAX)

stats, machine learning etc. http://research.google.com/pubs/papers.html has published papers in     (1L2AAAAAY)

general. The most interesting published crossover (machine learning <-> entities/semantics/Freebase)     (1L2AAAAAZ)

[11:24] Simon Spero: Filling in missing data (Imputation) is heavily used by e.g. the Census     (1L2AAAAAAB)

[11:24] Dan Brickley: oh, this dan?     (1L2AAAAAAC)

[11:25] Dan Brickley: it was just an aside...     (1L2AAAAAAD)

[11:29] Simon Spero: (named graph / dataset)     (1L2AAAAAAK)

[11:30] Amanda Vizedom: As an aside to the particular message link Dan just posted, I'd like the     (1L2AAAAAAM)

express my positive experience with the public vocabs list :     (1L2AAAAAAN)

[11:28] Peter P. Yim: @ALL: please try to capture the verbal discussions onto the chat (for archival     (1L2AAAAAAP)

purposes) as the chat-transcript will, as always, be archived as part of the session proceedings     (1L2AAAAAAQ)

[11:30] Martin Davtyan: Summary of my question: Is there any data analysis practices that are making     (1L2AAAAAAR)

use of ontological metadata? Can metadata be used for handling the issue of missing data when using     (1L2AAAAAAS)

data from sources with different data structure? Are there statistical tools working not on the     (1L2AAAAAAT)

integrated data (as in, already merged from different sources to form standardized data structure),     (1L2AAAAAAU)

but on federated data?     (1L2AAAAAAV)

[11:30] Martin Davtyan: Simon, thanks a lot for the link!     (1L2AAAAAAW)

[11:30] Dan Brickley: so a link from Datasets and schema.org to the city data theme:     (1L2AAAAAAX)

[11:31] Dan Brickley: found via schema.org Dataset.. but the challenge is: how can search engines     (1L2AAAAAAZ)

know more than "this is a dataset" linked in     (1L2AAAAAAAA)

[11:33] Dan Brickley: (nice mix of search marketing and KR debates there :)     (1L2AAAAAAAD)

[11:33] Amanda Vizedom: Very true, Dan!     (1L2AAAAAAAE)

[11:32] Peter P. Yim: @ALL: as announced by our Symposium co-chairs, Professor Tim Finin and Dr. Ram     (1L2AAAAAAAH)

Sriram yesterday, our Apr 28~29 Symposium (at NSF in Greater Washington DC) is now open for     (1L2AAAAAAAI)

registration. Please register yourself ASAP, as capacity is limited - see:     (1L2AAAAAAAJ)

information about the availability (until Apr-4) of hotel reservation block (with preferred rates)     (1L2AAAAAAAL)

has been posted!     (1L2AAAAAAAM)

[11:32] Peter P. Yim: @ALL: Please mark your calendars and reserve this time, every Thursday, for the     (1L2AAAAAAAN)

Ontology Summit 2014 virtual panel session series. In particular ... Session-12 will be up next     (1L2AAAAAAAO)

Thursday - Thu 2014.04.03 - Ontology Summit 2014: "Synthesis-II: Technical Tracks & Hackathon" ***     (1L2AAAAAAAP)

Again, please pay special attention to the start-time (9:30am PDT), as in this week is both     (1L2AAAAAAAQ)

N.America and Europe will be in Summer time, but there are still other regions that don't do     (1L2AAAAAAAR)

daylight saving time at all! *** - see developing details at:     (1L2AAAAAAAS)

time-zones will be clearly posted there     (1L2AAAAAAAU)

[11:33] Peter P. Yim: Of course ... See you at the HACKATHON this Saturday (Mar-29) - see latest details     (1L2AAAAAAAV)

[11:33] Peter P. Yim: Great session!     (1L2AAAAAAAY)

[11:33] Ed Bernot: Great session, thanks!     (1L2AAAAAAAZ)

[11:34] Amanda Vizedom: It's that practical meets principled collision / collaboration that I've     (1L2AAAAAAAAA)

enjoyed so much. :-)     (1L2AAAAAAAAB)

[11:35] Peter P. Yim: -- session ended: 11:31am PDT --     (1L2AAAAAAAAC)

-- end of in-session chat-transcript --     (1L2AAAAAAAAD)

Additional Resources     (1M)


For the record ...     (1M6)

How To Join (while the session is in progress)     (1N)

*** Please pay special attention to the start-time for this session, as this week is among the tricky ones, when North America is already in Summer time, Europe is still in Winter time, and lots of other regions don't even do daylight saving time at all! ***     (1N4)

  • Dial-in:     (1N5D)
    • Phone (US): +1 (206) 402-0100 ... when prompted enter Conference ID: 141184# ... (long distance cost may apply)     (1N5D1)
    • Skype: joinconference (i.e. make a skype call to the contact with skypeID="joinconference") ... (generally free-of-charge, when connecting from your computer ... ref.)     (1N5D2)
      • when prompted enter Conference ID: 141184#     (1N5D2A)
      • Unfamiliar with how to do this on Skype? ...     (1N5D2B)
        • Add the contact "joinconference" to your skype contact list first. To participate in the teleconference, make a skype call to "joinconference", then open the dial pad (see platform-specific instructions below) and enter the Conference ID: 141184# when prompted.     (1N5D2B1)
        • you may connect to (the skypeID) "joinconference" whether or not it indicates that it is online (i.e. even if it says it is "offline," you should still be able to connect to it.)     (1N5D2B2)
      • Can't find Skype Dial pad? ...     (1N5D2C)
        • for Windows Skype users: Can't find Skype Dial pad? ... it's under the "Call" dropdown menu as "Show Dial pad"     (1N5D2C1)
        • for Linux Skype users: please note that the dial-pad is only available on v4.1 (or later; or on the earlier Skype versions 2.x,) if the dialpad button is not shown in the call window you need to press the "d" hotkey to enable it. ... (ref.)     (1N5D2C2)
  • Shared-screen support (VNC session), if applicable, will be started 5 minutes before the call at: http://vnc2.cim3.net:5800/ ... view-only password: "ontolog"     (1N5E)
    • if you plan to be logging into this shared-screen option (which the speaker may be navigating), and you are not familiar with the process, please try to call in 5 minutes before the start of the session so that we can work out the connection logistics. Help on this will generally not be available once the presentation starts.     (1N5E1)
    • people behind corporate firewalls may have difficulty accessing this. If that is the case, please download the slides above (where applicable) and running them locally. The speaker(s) will prompt you to advance the slides during the talk.     (1N5E2)
    • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field from "anonymous" to your real name, like "JaneDoe").     (1N5F1)
    • You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (1N5F2)
    • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. Digsby or Adium) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) summit_20140327@soaphub.org ... Handy for mobile devices!     (1N5F3)
  • Discussions and Q & A:     (1N5G)
    • Nominally, when a presentation is in progress, the moderator will mute everyone, except for the speaker.     (1N5G1)
    • To un-mute, press "*7" ... To mute, press "*6" (please mute your phone, especially if you are in a noisy surrounding, or if you are introducing noise, echoes, etc. into the conference line.)     (1N5G2)
    • we will usually save all questions and discussions till after all presentations are through. You are encouraged to jot down questions onto the chat-area in the mean time (that way, they get documented; and you might even get some answers in the interim, through the chat.)     (1N5G3)
    • During the Q&A / discussion segment (when everyone is muted), If you want to speak or have questions or remarks to make, please raise your hand (virtually) by clicking on the "hand button" (lower right) on the chat session page. You may speak when acknowledged by the session moderator (again, press "*7" on your phone to un-mute). Test your voice and introduce yourself first before proceeding with your remarks, please. (Please remember to click on the "hand button" again (to lower your hand) and press "*6" on your phone to mute yourself after you are done speaking.)     (1N5G4)
  • RSVP to peter.yim@cim3.com with your affiliation, ... or simply just by adding yourself to the "Expected Attendees" list below (if you are already a member of the community.)     (1N5I)
  • Please note that this session may be recorded, and if so, the audio archive is expected to be made available as open content, along with the proceedings of the call to our community membership and the public at-large under our prevailing open IPR policy.     (1N5K)

Attendees     (1O)


This page has been migrated from the OntologWiki - Click here for original page     (1O4)