From OntologPSMW

Jump to: navigation, search
[ ]

Contents

ONTOLOG BoardOfTrustees Meeting (n.06) - Thu 2014.12.04    (1)

Date and Time:     (2A)

Dial-in:     (2E)

  • Phone (US): +1 (425) 440-5100 (long distance cost may apply)     (2F)
  • Skype: join.conference (i.e. make a skype call to the contact with skypeID="join.conference") (generally free-of-charge, when connecting from your computer ref.)     (2G)
    • when prompted enter Conference ID: 843758#     (2G1)
    • Unfamiliar with how to do this on Skype?     (2G2)
      • Add the contact "join.conference" to your skype contact list first. To participate in the teleconference, make a skype call to "join.conference", then open the dial pad (see platform-specific instructions below) and enter the Conference ID: 843758# when prompted.     (2G2A)
    • Can't find Skype Dial pad?     (2G3)
      • for Windows Skype users: Can't find Skype Dial pad? it's under the "Call" dropdown menu as "Show Dial pad"     (2G3A)
      • for Linux Skype users: please note that the dial-pad is only available on v4.1 (or later; or on the earlier Skype versions 2.x,) if the dialpad button is not shown in the call window you need to press the "d" hotkey to enable it. (ref.)     (2G3B)
  • To un-mute, press "*7" To mute, press "*6" (please mute your phone, especially if you are in a noisy surrounding, or if you are introducing noise, echoes, etc. into the conference line.)     (2H)

  • instructions: once you got access to the page, click on the "settings" button, and identify yourself (by modifying the Name field from "anonymous" to your real name, like "JaneDoe").     (2J)
  • You can indicate that you want to ask a question verbally by clicking on the "hand" button, and wait for the moderator to call on you; or, type and send your question into the chat window at the bottom of the screen.     (2K)
  • thanks to the soaphub.org folks, one can now use a jabber/xmpp client (e.g. gtalk) to join this chatroom. Just add the room as a buddy - (in our case here) ontolog-bot_20141204@soaphub.org Handy for mobile devices!     (2L)

Attendees     (3)

Agenda     (4)

The main focus of this meeting will be: Transition status and Future sessions planning.     (4A)

  • Identify Scribe for this meeting (who will also be Chair for next BoT meeting)     (4B)
  • Roll call; review and adopt agenda     (4C)
  • Infrastructure Status Report     (4D)
    • Pages hosted for other groups     (4D1)
    • Since IAOA now pays for the conference bridge, all other sessionreservations need to be coordinated, with MichaelGruninger (as point-of-contact for IAOA) currently being the coordinator.     (4D2)
    • Action: MichaelGruninger will set up an IAOA-Ontolog event calendar, without explicit connection details.     (4D3)
    • Connection details will be posted for specific session announcements and on the Ontolog wiki.     (4D4)
    • Action: KenBaclawski will upload to the webdav server the raw recording of today's call, as well as those earlier sessions which he had recorded but not yet uploaded and shared     (4D5)
    • BoT members should update the procedure page ourselves if procedures change or we spot places where the information can be filled in.     (4D6)
  • Future Sessions planning, in particular, the Ontology-based Standards miniseries and possible sessions to continue the Rules,Reasoning,LP miniseries, etc.     (4E)
    • Appointment of additional BoT member: to be taken off-line.     (4E1)
    • Action: MichaelGruninger will start thread on ontolog-trustee list.     (4E2)
    • Action: LeoObrst will send new message to Benjamin Grosof, Pascal Hitzler, Krzysztof Janowicz, and others about continuing the RRLP mini-series.     (4E3)
    • Cognitive Computing:     (4E4)
      • Action: AmandaVizedom has proposed a session on Cognitive Computing, is seeking a co-chair and panelists, and will target a November session, to be determined.     (4E4A)
    • Next meeting for the Organizing Committee of Ontology Summit 2015 will be December 11, 2014     (4E5)
  • Additional Business:     (4F)
    • Action: LeoObrst will contact BarrySmith, MarkMusen, and PatHayes off-line to seek their active participation in BoT.     (4F1)

ONTOLOG Board of Trustees: regular meeting (n.06)     (4H)

Times are UTC.     (4I)

[17:25] PeterYim: .     (4J)

ONTOLOG Board of Trustees Meeting (n.06) - Thu 2014.12.04     (5)

Proceedings     (5E)

IM Chat Transcript captured during the session     (5E1)

[17:37] MikeBennett: Apologies I can only stay for the first half hour.     (5E1A)

[17:37] LeoObrst: = Agenda = The main focus of this meeting will be: Transition status and Future sessions planning.     (5E1B)

  • Identify Scribe for this meeting (who will also be Chair for next BoT meeting)     (5E1C)
  • Roll call; review and adopt agenda     (5E1D)
  • Infrastructure Status Report     (5E1E)
    • Pages hosted for other groups     (5E1E1)
    • Since IAOA now pays for the conference bridge, all other sessionreservations need to be coordinated, with MichaelGruninger (as point-of-contact for IAOA) currently being the coordinator.     (5E1E2)
    • Action: KenBaclawski will upload to the webdav server the raw recording of today's call, as well as those earlier sessions which he had recorded but not yet uploaded and shared     (5E1H1)
    • BoT members should update the procedure page ourselves if procedures change or we spot places where the information can be filled in.     (5E1I1)
    • Future Sessions planning, in particular, the Ontology-based Standards miniseries and possible sessions to continue the Rules,Reasoning,LP miniseries, etc.     (5E1J1)

Action: MichaelGruninger will start thread on ontolog-trustee list.     (5E1L)

    • Action: LeoObrst will send new message to Benjamin Grosof, Pascal Hitzler, Krzysztof Janowicz, and others about continuing the RRLP mini-series.     (5E1M1)

Action: AmandaVizedom has proposed a session on Cognitive Computing, is seeking a co-chair and panelists, and will target a November session, to be determined.     (5E1O)

Action: LeoObrst will contact BarrySmith, MarkMusen, and PatHayes off-line to seek their active participation in BoT.     (5E1R)

[17:38] PeterYim: == Leo starts the session ...     (5E1T)

[17:41] MatthewWest: Matthew Agreed to be Chair of next meeting. Mark Musen will role on a nominated scibe for next meeting.     (5E1U)

[17:43] MatthewWest: Michal Gruniger will be half an hour late.     (5E1V)

[17:44] MatthewWest: Event Calendar for Bridge sessions still outstanding from Michael Gruniger.     (5E1W)

[17:51] John Sowa: Procedural issue: many discussions that belong on Ontolog Forum are taking place in other meetings.     (5E1X)

[17:52] PeterYim: MichaelGruninger joins the meeting     (5E1Y)

[17:54] MatthewWest: Nothing has been done to set up a meeting for the Co-Organizer board.     (5E1Z)

[17:54] MatthewWest: Nothing has been done to set up a meeting for the Co-Organizer board.     (5E1AA)

[18:03] MatthewWest: The Co-organizer Board essentially authorizes the Organizing Committee and commits support in time and resources to enable it to happen.     (5E1AB)

[18:04] MatthewWest: No interest from Benjamin Grosof, Pascal Hitzler, Krzysztof Janowicz, and others about continuing the RRLP mini-series     (5E1AC)

[18:05] MatthewWest: AmandaVizedom has proposed a session on Cognitive Computing. This has gone cold at present.     (5E1AD)

[18:08] MatthewWest: JS said that discussion on Ontolog Forum has been low recently. Some things have been discussed elsewhere when they could/should have been held on the Forum.     (5E1AE)

[18:11] MatthewWest: Decisions about the ontology Summit were made by the synchronous sessions that discussed those. The opportunity to participate in those sessions was open to all Ontolog Forum members (amongst others).     (5E1AF)

[18:16] AmandaVizedom: Proposal: Introduce a step in most of our discussions that brings results of synchronous sessions back to forum-asynchronous community. Example: Outcome of Summit topic session not only posted as session agenda, but also with Disqus commentary or other in situ discussion tools enabled.     (5E1AG)

[18:18] MatthewWest: All details of these sessions were made available to the Ontolog Forum.     (5E1AH)

[18:27] PeterYim: === ^regarding previous year Co-Organizer Board meeting records     (5E1AI)

  • [ auth: ontology-summit-org / *** ] (pw needs to be change soon)     (5E1AL)
  • ... also, for the co-oragnizer leads, check your email traffic leading to and after those meetings     (5E1AM)

[18:29] MichaelGruninger: @PeterYim: Thanks Peter. It looks like the topic selection (which last year was done by the Co-Organizers) was done by the entire community this year.     (5E1AN)

[18:31] MatthewWest: There was a discussion about communication with the Ontolog Forum about e.g. the work of the BoT and the Ontology Summit. JS noted that communication seemed to be lacking at present.     (5E1AO)

[18:32] MichaelGruninger: @PeterYim: You are also correct that the one outstanding issue that was determined beforehand last year are the dates and location of the Symposium     (5E1AP)

[18:33] MatthewWest: The reality is there are significant cracks in taking over organization of ontolog forum and ontology summit as we take over much of the work that Peter Yim has done in the past.     (5E1AQ)

[18:35] MatthewWest: Matthew will post (as scribe) a summary of this meeting to the Ontolog Forum.     (5E1AR)

[18:35] MatthewWest: Matthew will post (as scribe) a summary of this meeting to the Ontolog Forum.     (5E1AS)

[18:37] AmandaVizedom: I re-commit to initiating and fostering a community-wide conversation about infrastructure and modes of interaction. I started on this track by creating the page http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/FutureOntologInfrastructure, and then was distracted by other matters. I will tidy up its loose ends and post to the mailing list about it.     (5E1AT)

[18:37] MatthewWest: Matthew will add something about what the scribe does to the procedures/duties.     (5E1AU)

[18:41] John Sowa: Sorry, I had to drop the line for a moment because of an important incoming call.     (5E1AV)

[18:44] MatthewWest: LeoObrst has tried to contact BarrySmith, MarkMusen, and PatHayes off-line to seek their active participation in BoT. This has generally not been successful. It is important that BoT members are actually active contributors to the work of the Board, not just advisors. We need to look to remove those that do not contribute and replace them.     (5E1AW)

[18:45] MichaelGruninger: @PeterYim: Is GeorgeStrawn still a member of the Co-Organizing Committee?     (5E1AX)

[18:48] PeterYim: @Michael, as at the end of the OntologySummit2014_Symposium, GeorgeStrawn did indicate that they (NCO_NITRD) will continue to support the OntologySummit next year (i.e. OntologySummit2015) ... therefore I will take that as a "yes" to your question ... that said, GeorgeStrawn did announce his retirement some time in May-2014, and (as far as I know; but this may not be very up-to-date) his tenure ends in Dec-2014 ... therefore, we better catch him real soon, so he can help bring his successor into the picture (hopefully)     (5E1AZ)

[18:53] MatthewWest: Roberts Rules of Order will be the fall back position for procedure for conducting meetings if all else fails.     (5E1AAA)

[18:54] MatthewWest: Leo will approach those BoT members who have not been participating to ask them to consider their position.     (5E1AAB)

[18:56] PeterYim: also, note that on ONTOLOG process procedures, we do have (since the beginning) a fall-back to the OASIS Process - see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid1Y     (5E1AAC)

[18:56] PeterYim: ^ONTOLOG process & procedures     (5E1AAD)

[18:56] MatthewWest: The change to include Roberts Rules is a change to the Terms of Reference and needs to follow the appropriate procedure.     (5E1AAE)

[18:57] List of attendees: AmandaVizedom, John Sowa, KenBaclawski, LeoObrst, MatthewWest, MichaelGruninger, MikeBennett, PeterYim     (5E1AAF)

[19:02] MichaelGruninger: The IAOA is continuing to fund the current conference bridge     (5E1AAG)

[19:03] MichaelGruninger: the IAOA EC is also exploring other options     (5E1AAH)

[19:03] MichaelGruninger: I need to leave now     (5E1AAI)

[19:07] PeterYim: on the infrastructure - ppy raised issue (that our new host organizations will need to attend to): one needs to worry about infrastructure availability and reliability, the latter includes security and resilience to spam/malware attacks     (5E1AAJ)

[19:12] MatthewWest: The meeting closed at 1908 UTC. Next Meeting Wednesday 14th January 2015 1730 UTC     (5E1AAK)

[19:12] John Sowa: I have to leave. Bye     (5E1AAL)

[19:14] PeterYim: next ONTOLOG_BoT meeting (n.07) Wednesday, 14-Jan-2015 - Start Time: 9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST / 6:30pm CET / 1730 GMT/UTC - Chair: MatthewWest, Scribe: MarkMusen (tentative)     (5E1AAM)

[19:14] MatthewWest: Matthew West will be Chair and Mark Musen is the scribe.     (5E1AAN)

Scribe Minutes (distinct from Raw Chat)     (5E2)

The main focus of this meeting will be: Transition status and Future sessions planning.     (5E2A)

  • Identify Scribe for this meeting (who will also be Chair for next BoT meeting)     (5E2B)
    • MatthewWest confirmed he would be scribe for this meeting and chair for the next meeting. MarkMusen is nominated as scribe for the next meeting (and chair of the following one).     (5E2B1)
  • Roll call; review and adopt agenda     (5E2C)
  • Infrastructure Status Report     (5E2D)
    • Pages hosted for other groups     (5E2D1)
    • Since IAOA now pays for the conference bridge, all other session reservations need to be coordinated, with MichaelGruninger (as point-of-contact for IAOA) currently being the coordinator.     (5E2D2)
    • Action: MichaelGruninger will set up an IAOA-Ontolog event calendar, without explicit connection details. (outstanding)     (5E2D3)
    • Connection details will be posted for specific session announcements and on the Ontolog wiki.     (5E2D4)
    • The IAOA is continuing to fund the current conference bridge, but is also exploring other options.     (5E2D5)
    • Action: KenBaclawski will upload to the webdav server the raw recording of today's call, as well as those earlier sessions which he had recorded but not yet uploaded and shared. (completed)     (5E2D6)
    • PeterYim raised the issue (that our new host organizations will need to attend to): one needs to worry about infrastructure availability and reliability, the latter includes security and resilience to spam/malware attacks.     (5E2D7)
  • BoT members should update the procedure page ourselves if procedures change or we spot places where the information can be filled in.     (5E2E)
  • Future Sessions planning, in particular, the Ontology-based Standards miniseries and possible sessions to continue the Rules,Reasoning,LP miniseries, etc.     (5E2F)
    • Appointment of additional BoT member: to be taken off-line.     (5E2F1)
    • Action: MichaelGruninger will start thread on ontolog-trustee list.     (5E2F2)
    • Action: LeoObrst will send new message to Benjamin Grosof, Pascal Hitzler, Krzysztof Janowicz, and others about continuing the RRLP mini-series.     (5E2F3)
    • Cognitive Computing:     (5E2F4)
    • Action: AmandaVizedom has proposed a session on Cognitive Computing, is seeking a co-chair and panelists, and will target a November session, to be determined.     (5E2F5)
    • Next meeting for the Organizing Committee of Ontology Summit 2015 will be December 11, 2014     (5E2F6)
  • Additional Business:     (5E2G)
  • Next meeting:     (5E2H)
    • next ONTOLOG_BoT meeting (n.07) Wednesday, 14-Jan-2015 - Start Time: 9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST / 6:30pm CET / 1730 GMT/UTC - Chair: MatthewWest, Scribe: MarkMusen (tentative)     (5E2H1)
  • The meeting closed at 1908 UTC.     (5E2I)

Resources     (6)

Past Meetings     (7)

For the record ...     (7H)

How To Join (while the session is in progress)     (8)